Closed Thread
Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Takemehigher View Post
    What's the list got on it? I didn't even know that there was a "list" ?!! I told my doctor I was TTC and she just smiled and said she was happy for me.
    I agree with babymakers, don't stress too much about it

Depends what your up to date with? For example I didn't do any STI/HIV checks as I've had them all before (as well as DH) and neither one of us have been with anyone else since being tested so no reason for me to get that. If you've never been checked it's a good idea to do regardless if TTC or not. Not typically routine testing though for TTC so usually have to ask
    My Pap smear up to date anyway.

As for antibodies they get routinely checked during pregnancy at you first blood test. So no need to get them checked beforehand unless you plan on getting immunised before falling. For me, if my antibodies where low pre pregnancy I'd probably still wait until after pregnancy to get re-immunised. I'm totally 100% for immunisations but having them done so close to being pregnant, in my opinion is probably not the best idea, but each to their own.

So like I said UNLESS your Pap smear is waaaaay overdue (if only a few months, DW as it gets done post preg aswell) or you've never been checked for STIs then don't worry.

But tugs - that doesn't mean I'm thinking your being over cautious as I think it's great you've done a full work up
    Just meaning for others it may not be necessary depending on where they are with their health care.

I hope that all made sense.

PS tugs - Fingers and toes crossed you've got yourself an implantation bleed!!!

DH, Me and our two boys.
    Lost our little squirt 20/11/13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dr also didn't do anything off the pre conception checklist apart from checking my iron levels and blood pressure and suggesting which pills to take and when. Eg- elevit and folate 3 months before TTC (which we didn't do but realistically it could take ages as only one tube and fertility issues) ... Etc
    She said important ones were folate and iron and b vitamins.

I had a Pap smear a year ago- should I wait till next to have another? Or just wait till it comes round and if I'm UTD then leave it till 6 week check?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Brown on TP. Not cm or spotting. Weird, different. Trying not to think at all cos it could go either way; a) I'm only 8dpo so great it's implant, but b) I'm cd27 and I've been known to have 28 day cycles so boo it's AF.
    Turning brain off for the night now :-)
    I have such a good feeling for you tugs! You used OPKs right? If so surely it can't be AF!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile congratulations and how sweet of your DH

MrsMSL welcome!

Colbie Naw thanks!!!

Craftymamabris I had everything MrsTugs mentioned (about 4 vials of blood!) and I did a urine sample and vagina swab! Fun!!! Haha

Babymakers88 I have always had a long cycle ~36/35 days I always ovulate around day 21/22, no issues getting pregnant!

I think that's a bit slack of your doctor :-/ I don't remember all of it, but the important ones he checked were iron levels, other deficiencies, stds, HIV, white blood cell, German measles & chickenpox immunities, Pap smear, a few other things as well. All pretty standard stuff for ttc check I believe.

Brown on TP. Not cm or spotting. Weird, different. Trying not to think at all cos it could go either way; a) I'm only 8dpo so great it's implant, but b) I'm cd27 and I've been known to have 28 day cycles so boo it's AF.
    Turning brain off for the night now :-)
    Sounds like implantation I never start with brown spotting for my AF, do you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok well I certainly got my wish of thorough, bl00dy hell hahah. He is the nicest GP I have every had-bonus!!! I will totally thrilled to have him as my GP when I'm utd.

So he asked me my family history of any illness, blood pressure, diabetes etc. I also got a referral for an ultrasound because I mentioned pcos that my sister has and told him she only found out through an ultrasound. So he asked me if I wanted one. Which no one has ever done even tho I have mentioned this before. So going for that in a week but nervous.

He felt my tummy, checked my lungs, heart, bp, weight, height, shoe size lol. Asked about my exercise regime, if I've had thrush, how often I get cystitis, my cycle length, any operations I've had...phew it was a lot. But VERY thorough. And going for bloods this Sat to test iron etc. He has certainly made a good impression so far.

As I was leaving he said, you shouldn't have any problems, you seem healthy enough, now go and get on with it hahaha

I will be going back to get results and then I guess it's just the count down to Jan where I'll start taking prenatals.

MrsT that sounds very promising. I would be trying not to over analyse as well but that's hard not to notice and not think about

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Shoe size relates to your pelvic size HFAFM, have PMed you an article
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 02-12-2013 at 22:06.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    3 posts in one day!! I forgot to add my IM is picking me up prenatal vitamins etc I will grab them off her at my next visit so I can start taking them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LysnDan View Post
    My Dr also didn't do anything off the pre conception checklist apart from checking my iron levels and blood pressure and suggesting which pills to take and when. Eg- elevit and folate 3 months before TTC (which we didn't do but realistically it could take ages as only one tube and fertility issues) ... Etc
    She said important ones were folate and iron and b vitamins.

I had a Pap smear a year ago- should I wait till next to have another? Or just wait till it comes round and if I'm UTD then leave it till 6 week check?
    Pap smear every two years so your good until the post 6 week check

DH, Me and our two boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still getting pos HPTs after my MC (2wks ago). Just waaaaiting for them to turn neg. obviously my body won't O until all hcg is out!

DH, Me and our two boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post
    Ok well I certainly got my wish of thorough, bl00dy hell hahah. He is the nicest GP I have every had-bonus!!! I will totally thrilled to have him as my GP when I'm utd.

So he asked me my family history of any illness, blood pressure, diabetes etc. I also got a referral for an ultrasound because I mentioned pcos that my sister has and told him she only found out through an ultrasound. So he asked me if I wanted one. Which no one has ever done even tho I have mentioned this before. So going for that in a week but nervous.

He felt my tummy, checked my lungs, heart, bp, weight, height, shoe size lol. Asked about my exercise regime, if I've had thrush, how often I get cystitis, my cycle length, any operations I've had...phew it was a lot. But VERY thorough. And going for bloods this Sat to test iron etc. He has certainly made a good impression so far.

As I was leaving he said, you shouldn't have any problems, you seem healthy enough, now go and get on with it hahaha

I will be going back to get results and then I guess it's just the count down to Jan where I'll start taking prenatals.

MrsT that sounds very promising. I would be trying not to over analyse as well but that's hard not to notice and not think about
    It's so great when you find a fantastic gp!