Closed Thread
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone I will make sure to congratulate DH on his super sperm.

It was funny he said to me 'trust you to get pregnant on your first try. I thought you said this takes time'. I replied, 'Not me, it's all your fault and your potent swimmers!'

He messaged to say he told his parents. He had to tell someone because he couldn't keep it to himself! I love to see him excited. A part of me still worries he is not 100% because he's still quite scared. But I also understand that is normal.

I want everyone else to join me. Please let there be lots of baby dust from Santa! Thank you again for all the support guys. I'm so glad we have this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thread number 3 wow!!

Congratulations Coco!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha well done Coco I'm pretty sure I mentioned about DH bragging he had super sperm when we fell first cycle with this bub just gone. I had to remind him the other day that they obviously weren't THAT super because our baby couldn't stay with us. lol I think I deflated his ego a little (I noticed he quickly swapped back to the menevit hehe)

Had my scan this morning & latest bt HCG still at 6wk levels No wonder I was so sick, they must have been sky high. Have to see the dr at 2.30 as scan showed my uterine lining is still thick. I'm a bit pee-d, of course it must be, im still bleeding!! Arghh. The sonographer did say that they prefer to wait for the bleeding to settle (which obviously indicates that all has been expelled, like with a period), I told her I was just following the ED's instructions and coming the following week

Chatty bunch for sure...thread #3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Michelle - good to see that things are happening, even if slowly. Seems crazy that levels were so high yet wasn't meant to be. I thought low levels was usually the main indicator something was wrong.

Coco - I'll happily oblige! Let us all get utd immediate hey!!!! :-)
    Him being scared is actually a GREAT sign IMO. The other option is indifference, which doesn't bode well. The fact that he's scared is good, means he's really accepted how big a responsibility it is, and is thinking actively about it and the future etc. which is only good in my books.

Allie - adding now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg coco I'm so freakin' happy for you lovely! Woooooooooooo! Congratulationssssssssss what a good day!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you guys

MrsT my GP said 1 in 3 pregnancies result in miscarriage and it's often because of the bad genetic makeup of the little guy. So I guess hcg levels can still be quite high.

Usually low hcg levels are a sign of ectopic pregnancy.

Honestly I'm quite scared of the risk of miscarriage but I'm trying not to think on it too much.

Michelle honey I'm so sorry it's taking this long I hope there's a big change next week. Have you been bleeding all this time? And will continue until the lining is no longer thick?

I agree MrsT being scared is much better than indifference. I know he'll make a wonderful dad

Oh and a tip for the future. When you go to the GP for your antenatal bloods take a bottle of orange juice. I had about 5-6 vials taken and with the exciting news it was enough to make me feel faint!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post
    !!!!!!!!

It's official I am 4 weeks pregnant. I just had about 5-6 vials of blood taken so I'm incredibly shakey. But that might also be the confirmation of the news.

DH is happy now about the news. (Previously he was calling it my phantom pregnancy because it wasn't 'official' and he thought I was making up symptoms)

I feel so scatterbrained! I feel a little overwhelmed with it all.
    Coco holy smokes girl!!! That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting
    Congratulations hunny.
    Good tip re the OJ. I already just about pass out when I go to get bloods or injections because I have a phobia. So that many vials-sheesh I am going to take jelly beans for sure!!!

MrsT, I have been having headaches too hun. So you can't take nurofen when TTC, but panadol is ok? Gosh I learn so much on this thread!

Welcome Stride

Crafty my DH snores too. Hasn't been so bad lately. A few posts ago, I complained that I couldn't sleep because of it. He either hasn't been doing it, or I'm so zonked I don't hear it hahah. MrsT I know what it feels like to have an empty bed quite often. At least twice a week DH is doing night shift, so I am along Nice that you are going to meet your DH tho.

I have to watch what I like too. I kind of used to palm it off as gaining Aunty knowledge for my sister etc. Now I don't really think I can do that. Especially if it's really specific baby things. I am on pinterest and discovered hidden boards you can create. But I started making a board called future kids so ppl don't really know when that time will be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Neurofen and aspirin are big no-no's. Panadol is not great, but okay. It's about thinning ur blood and risks of miscarriage. Obviously the last thing we want when finally falling is to lose, so yeah avoid all if possible, but panadol is the best when necessary.

Do you need heaps of blood taken if you've already had everything tested? Like I know they need a sample to actually check if prg. Then more later if comparing level rises. But what else is there...?

Great tip on oj tho!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    5-6 vials is insane!!! You kinda get used to being poked and prodded when pregnant. I was such a needle wuss before I got pg with DD.

Did they offer you anything to eat or drink after coco? Try not to think about the stats, you can cross that bridge if you come to it, but the stress won't be good or you. Sending you positive vibes for a sticky bubba!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Neurofen and aspirin are big no-no's. Panadol is not great, but okay. It's about thinning ur blood and risks of miscarriage. Obviously the last thing we want when finally falling is to lose, so yeah avoid all if possible, but panadol is the best when necessary.

Do you need heaps of blood taken if you've already had everything tested? Like I know they need a sample to actually check if prg. Then more later if comparing level rises. But what else is there...?

Great tip on oj tho!!
    They have a standard list of tests they do, even if you have had them done recently. http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog...-in-pregnancy/
    Last edited by BH-tech; 17-08-2015 at 11:20. Reason: Link Update