Closed Thread
Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The best way to deal with teasers is to play an attacking defence ;-)
    When they say ohh why aren't you drinking are you pregnant or something, just seriously reply "yes I am! Thanks for noticing!" They will all be stunned n whatnot... "Reaaaaaally???!" Just be like "haha no of course not". That way you catch them off guard and you make it sound so unrealistic because you ARE agreeing. I know that comes across weird when I write it, but it totally works. I have one specific cousin in law he always says it's ur time, are u utd yet, why aren't u drinking etc. now I just totally mess with him. "Oh yeah I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. I was gonna announce it tomorrow thanks for ruining the surprise. We have decided if it's a boy we are naming him *insert cousins name here*." Etc etc. confuses them enough for u to make your "don't be silly" remark and bail haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lexim Im so sorry for your loss, We lost our first little one 7 weeks ago and it still hurts every day.

For the drinking stuff it is hard and I have used every single excuse mentioned and Ive never been a big drinker but at EVERY event since we got married Ive been asked why Im not drinking, Ive even had friends try and trick me into drinking to see if I am pregnant!! 2 years later they're all still asking.... Maybe my friends just arent that smart!!

DH and I have our 2nd wedding anniversary this Sunday and we're off too Phuket!! I O on our actual anniversary so hoping for a little miracle bub this cycle, if not it'll be a distraction til we can start our FET in Jan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish we have the same wedding date aww. Phuket what a treat!!

Lexim sorry for your lost bub. Here's fo 2014. The year of amazing bfps and pregnancies hey girls

I bought some opks of eBay last night. Couldn't wait mrst. But I will give my bff them if I have too many as she was asking me about them on Sunday. She went and had a bt to see if she's immune to rubella. If not she's having to wait three months. So we very well could be TTC at the same time :thumbup:

Its hard to hide not drinking imo. I got hounded at a wedding I went to in April because I wasn't due to medication. No one believed me tho. theu were convinced I was utd. I had to keep saying, well in 9 months I wont have a baby so you're all wrong. But effing heck. Talk about rude. What if I was, none of their business to interrogate me.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post

Its hard to hide not drinking imo. I got hounded at a wedding I went to in April because I wasn't due to medication. No one believed me tho. theu were convinced I was utd. I had to keep saying, well in 9 months I wont have a baby so you're all wrong. But effing heck. Talk about rude. What if I was, none of their business to interrogate me.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I was pregnant at the last wedding we went too (only 8 weeks) I was bailed up at least 4 times for pregnancy interrogation and had to lie straight to their faces it was awful!! Do people really think we'll spill the beans early? Theres a reason you havent been told so back off!!
    When we told our friends recently that we were pregnant but lost it, they all felt so awful about asking about being pregnant, I do have a feeling they'll all back off from now on. Sad thats what it took though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I might ditch the opk idea until we've been trying for a while.

I don't want to get upset and too obsessed with trying as this will be our last baby when and if I fall pg...and I kind of want it to be a real surprise when we get our bfp- and that way we get to just dtd with a bit of excitement and spontaneity not just oh I'm ovulating let's have sex lol

Although I'm desperate to become pregnant it's not going to happen if I'm stressing! And I think all those tests make me cray cray. Lol!

I don't even know if I've got my cycle back. I was spotting (just enough to put a pad on) for a week after returning from my holiday and I haven't had a proper bleed since. I wonder if that's it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not using opks is good for you if that's how your mind works. For me, I need to know all the data so I can control it haha. That's just my type tho lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Not using opks is good for you if that's how your mind works. For me, I need to know all the data so I can control it haha. That's just my type tho lol.
    Haha see , usually I need to know everything too so I can control it! Just trying a different approach this time around- well until curiosity gets the better of me I suppose lol hahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I don't know exactly when I O'ed then I don't know when to stop bding lol. And I'm exhausted enough by the end, so then I'd be stressing if I stopped to early blah blah haha easier to just test XD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for trying a new approach though! :-)
    Mixing it up is always good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    If I don't know exactly when I O'ed then I don't know when to stop bding lol. And I'm exhausted enough by the end, so then I'd be stressing if I stopped to early blah blah haha easier to just test XD
    Hubby works FIFO so we just dtd when we feel like it as to make it feel like less of a chore. With trying for DD it got ridiculous I was sooo over dtd same ol feeling haha