Closed Thread
Page 16 of 87 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Antibiotics is a really good one, I once got warned by my doc that this specific brand (bit stronger than most) would make me break out in a full body rash if I combined it with alcohol. That was for a mouth ulcer (my wisdom tooth was rubbing on my cheek and breaking the skin) and the germs from all that have me tonsillitis too.

My favourite though is just to keep it simple, say you're not having a really big one, and make sure you, DP or your mother (or anyone who knows if anyone) are the only ones who mix ur drink. Depending on what u normally have, just drink the non alcoholic version. Run and come fan? Just drink coke and ice. Wine? Get a bottle of sparkling grape juice from your supermarket. It's in the aisle where the beer brewing stuff is. No one will even notice the difference.
    Last edited by MrsTugs; 26-11-2013 at 08:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been not drinking much for quite a while, so friends and family have gotten used to me only having 1 or 2 lately. And at a few family functions already I've announced in not drinking. A few ooooooh whyyyyy's came about, but of course over the weeks I never got a baby belly haha so they realised their suspicions weren't right. That's set the stage for me now, when I say I'm not drinking no one cares cos it's old news, boring :-D

Same as DH quit smoking last time we went home. So now when he isn't smoking no one will ask why.

In saying that though, I've never been interested in drinking (after about 19-20, before that I was a raging **** head haha) so to quit completely just made sense to me. Having a glass or 3 is completely fine up until you get your actual bfp. Even 1 glass in ur 1st trimester is okay. Personally I don't want to do it, but 50% of women at least would have had a couple in their first trimester.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls can I join (waves to tugs)

I had a MC a week ago and my OB advised me to wait one cycle before trying again (he is a man and I don't think he realises just how hard that is!!! )
    So guessing I'll o in 2-4 weeks, we will miss that one and try in probably Jan.
    This will be my 3rd. I've got two boys (4 and 10m)

It will be nice to be a part of a thread with other ladies who are also preparing.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    Lost our little squirt 20/11/13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    DF hasn't had a drink in months but then again nobody is going to assume that she is accidentally knocked up haha. Most people know we are preparing for IVF - few know we have started lol. Maybe be designated driver? Or my fav line - I'm taking antibiotics so can't hahaha.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Haha this line is so funny. It's so obvious that your UTD heehee
    When people say that to me I'm like "oh no what for" and then watch them frantically search for an answer lol

DH, Me and our two boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stride View Post
    Ladies what excuse do you use for not drinking??

I am next going to O around the 12-13th and I have a wedding on the 14th and of course Christmas a week later! Personally for me I would want to abstain from any alcohol in case I do fall pregnant this month I wouldn't want to risk it!

How can I avoid alcohol at 2 big events with the same guests? Eeeeep. I know I'm going to get comments from the family lol
    I don't drink so I have never had that problem but I found not a lot of people really notice? Unless your a total booze hound and usually spend the better half if the evening passed out under a table lol

If someone asks to get you a drink you could say "oh DH has just gone to get me one" or say "I might have a water/coke" for now. Make a plan at the beginning for DH to always get your drinks and if someone does get you a drink- when they aren't looking tip a bit out lol

Or say you designated driver, on a health kick, you've got something on the next day you don't want to be hungover for etc

DH, Me and our two boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lex welcome to our little group :-)
    We do have a roll call at the front if you wanna get to know us a bit better. If you wanna be added just let me know ur deets :-)
    You're a good girl for waiting. I know those docs have no idea how hard it is lol but you'll thank him when u get ur repeat bfp in jan!!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LysnDan View Post
    I'm over ovulation tests already! And apparently it can take a while to ovulate after depo provera wears off! I am so impatient when it comes to this stuff!

Can anyone recommend a reputable ovulation test that they use please?
    I bought the cheapies off eBay. 50 OPKs and 30 HPTs. A total of $10.95 and I got a pos hpt at 9dpo

DH, Me and our two boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Hey lex welcome to our little group :-)
    We do have a roll call at the front if you wanna get to know us a bit better. If you wanna be added just let me know ur deets :-)
    You're a good girl for waiting. I know those docs have no idea how hard it is lol but you'll thank him when u get ur repeat bfp in jan!!! xx
    I had a little looksie
    Can you add me

Lexim (25) DH (31)
    Ds1 '09
    Ds2 '13
    Preparing to TTC after MC - jan '14

DH, Me and our two boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh thanks for the tips ladies

I think the designated driver idea will work best for me + keeping a full glass of something with me. I'm not a big drinker usually but I know what the family are like they are big pot stirrers lol. They will look for any reason to tease!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you also add me to the roll call please?

Stride(26) DH (26)
    Trying for first
    TTC officially from December
    Testing around 26th