+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I can remember as a kid I had one of those sponges for the bath ... Like a foam type one not a washer or loofah.

Anyway I used to love putting it in my mouth.... The WHOLE thing. Makes me feel gross now as I'm sure I would've shared that sponge with my three sisters!!! (And who knows if it was ever washed) :/
    Omg me too! I thought I was the only person weird enough to do that lol.

I haven't told anyone this but when I was pregnant with my 2nd when in the shower I would have this overwhelming urge to eat/taste the bar soap. So I satisfied the urge by rubbing soap all over a washer, rinsing it off (the scent and some taste remained) then shoved the whole washer in my mouth and chewed till my jaw was sore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia81 View Post

I haven't told anyone this but when I was pregnant with my 2nd when in the shower I would have this overwhelming urge to eat/taste the bar soap. So I satisfied the urge by rubbing soap all over a washer, rinsing it off (the scent and some taste remained) then shoved the whole washer in my mouth and chewed till my jaw was sore.
    Sorry but...ROFL .!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Isn't there a medical term for that? I'm pretty sure I remember reading it in one of my baby books. It was like 'if you are craving soap, washing detergent, etc... This is...' Lol.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    Isn't there a medical term for that? I'm pretty sure I remember reading it in one of my baby books. It was like 'if you are craving soap, washing detergent, etc... This is...' Lol.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.
    Pica?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post

It is called Pica- it means craving non food items such as soap, dirt, chalk etc and I even once read about a woman who craved sponges during her pregnancies and would eat natural sea sponges bought from a health shop as they were not harmful.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's called pica. Didn't matter what it was called lol it is embarrassing!

I never actually licked the soap bar or ate any of it - didn't progress that far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have pica when I'm pregnant.....you will find teeth marks in the soap :s I don't actually eat it though but I would use an entire cake of soap in one shower because i become obsessed with it haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems to be surprisingly common. So don't worry! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vegemite & peanut butter on toast - has to be Vegemite first then crunchy peanut butter on top

Can only eat tinned spaghetti or baked beans heated with heaps of Worcestershire sauce and pepper

Worcestershire sauce on toast

A big handful of cheese melted and eaten with a spoon

Could eat a jar of pickled onions in one sitting!

Baby cucumbers dipped in peanut butter

Love raw cake batter or cookie dough

Mayonnaise on chips

Nutella out of the jar

Hmmm...can't think of any others!