+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My secret shame

I can't keep this in any longer.

Everyday I......

Eat chicken in a can! Ewww it sounds gross just writing it but honestly, it's delicious! I actually crave it and have to stop myself eating the whole thing. On fresh bakery bread. With proper butter.... Yummy!

I would be so embarrassed if anyone IRL ever found out- I even try to hide it from DH. I told him once I liked it and he bagged me out for ages. It's not that yuck is it? It's just like eating tinned tuna right? Right?

Please don't leave me hanging out here all by myself. Do you have a secret shame of your own? Come on, we won't tell anyone....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always wondered what they taste like when I see them in the supermarket

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My immediate thought was ohhhh now that sounds gross but then just as you said its really no different to eating any other tinned meat.
    Btw can i ask is it shredded chicken or like a whole chicken i was watching some youtube clip from the states where this guy was eating whole chicken from a can. And they did not look appetizing (sp)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its shredded chicken, similar to tuna... I will admit to using it once or twice in the past... LOL just don't Hubby!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bumblebeez00 For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've never tried it and can't say it looks that appealing to me but my secret shame is....

Anchovies and tinned mussels!!

I don't eat them often but I do put them on home made pizzas and I eat the leftovers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yum I LOVE canned chicken.I put avocado,topped with canned chicken and cottage cheese on cruskits. DELICIOUS!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Sweetened condensed milk in a tube. OMG I love that stuff. I can suck down a whole tube in minutes - totally grosses out DH lol
    Same, it's so good! Especially in iced coffees or straight out of the tin. Mmm....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (20-11-2013),My Beloved Ones  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    My immediate thought was ohhhh now that sounds gross but then just as you said its really no different to eating any other tinned meat.
    Btw can i ask is it shredded chicken or like a whole chicken i was watching some youtube clip from the states where this guy was eating whole chicken from a can. And they did not look appetizing (sp)
    Oh mmm, I know the clips you're talking about and yep it looked disgusting!! I wouldn't eat that lol.

If you get flavoured chicken- my favourite one is chicken and mayo- yep it's shredded. If you get just chicken in spring water it's small chunks of chicken which doesn't taste as nice.

But omg, the chicken and mayo *drools* I may or may not have had two chicken and mayo sandwiches for lunch today...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok - I'll admit a few embarrassing things I'd never want anyone to know.

Prior to having jaw surgery I have at times licked the bowl of a really yummy dish when it's finished.

I also pee sometimes in the shower -OMG!!

I paint over my toenails old chipped polish sometimes with new polish without removing it.

I've been using the Day Care's suncream on DS2 for the last fortnight cos I've run out and keep forgetting to buy new stuff :/

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (20-11-2013),Miados2007  (20-11-2013),My Beloved Ones  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Sweetened condensed milk in a tube. OMG I love that stuff. I can suck down a whole tube in minutes - totally grosses out DH lol
    Omg yes!!! I have to fight DS for the rights to the leftovers in the can.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (20-11-2013)