+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much do you spend on your kids Xmas presents?

And what are you buying them?

I'm sure some people loathe these threads but I love them. Plus it helps give me inspiration?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    About $200 each.
    I like to buy books, PJ's.
    They are all getting WII games.

The boys are getting remote controlled cars and lego and my DD is getting a dress and onsies. My DSD is getting a smiggle bag and mind craft light.

They are getting beanies, gloves and scarves for our trip to Japan. And the boys are getting a backpack each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure of the exact value but
    DD4 is getting an ipad mini plus accessories so prob about $400 all up as her main present and then stocking fillers probably up to $100 in value
    DS2 is getting a ride on tractor and car race track so prob only $200 in value and then the same $100 value for stocking fillers

then as a combined present they are getting a jumping castle/slide so $300 and dvds and board games so prob an extra $5-600 all up including the slide.

so all up prob over $1300 but they are worth it and we buy bits and pieces all year so its not a big strain come xmas time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't usually have a budget as such but as he had a huge birthday and DH built him a big cubby I won't be going crazy like last Xmas! So far I have:

Big interactive dinosaur train dinosaur
    Disney Planes Lego
    Disney Planes remote control plane
    Pretend food for the cafe in his cubby
    Pretend microwave and coffee machine
    Clothes
    Pool toys

plus some smaller cars/planes/train type things and puzzles for his stocking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sandpit with canopy
    Inflatable castle

About $600 in total.

Can't wait till it all arrives I love all these toys I never had as a child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually about $200 on each child (step children and our little boy), plus a joint gift that's a lot more. Plus about another $100, we do Christmas on Christmas Eve with the step-kids and again on Christmas Day for our boy.
    DSS 1&2 are both getting Lego, drawing stuff and books. DS is getting Lego, a bike, and some smaller stuff like pjs eyc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dss $200 he gets cash plus I will get a few stocking fillers, maybe a new outfit

Dd1 & dd2 around $250 they got Lego, monster highs, zelfs, art packs, DVDs ect plus a few new outfits, undie & singlet sets and a new bag for next year ( normally not a fan of school stuff for Xmas but they wanted an adventure time one so at $50 each I thought why not)
    They also got a few joint presents game boards and outdoor little toys

Dd3 about $80 but $50 was for an activity table and the rest were toys on clearance at toys r us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It depends. this year I've spent alot more...ds will be 3 in march.

Trampoline: 250
    Bike with training wheels: 40 (may keep for his birthday)
    Buzz lightyear action figure:50
    games: 40
    Octonauts thing: 25
    Piano mat: 30
    truck with car carrier :20
    Helicopter :12
    Tractor: 15
    pjs: 50
    Stocking fillers: 30

So maybe 600? I get the big items with dfs tax, then anything else I layby from about sept onwards. I know its ott but meh.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't totalled it up but DS is getting a Leap Pad and a few games for it, two sets of duplo, a huge playdough set, some books and dvds. Then he is getting a heap of different craft things for his stocking.
    DD is getting some books, and a few toys for throughout the year.
    I am sure I will pick up a few more things before Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I spent over $2000 on my 2 kids.

I must say that we have no other family so everything comes from me and so I didn't really go overboard although I wanted to.

They are getting a wiiU and a ps4. 12 games. 2 controllers per console. 2 big lego sets each. Beach stuff and school gear.