+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I make 29k a year in my estimate, it'll end up being less due to being casual and not being paid holidays, public holidays, time off for my son (who has ASD) apps and both kids sickness. But as I get full rate, this won't change come tax time.

Child support is assessed as being 5k a year.

Rent is $20,540 a year ($395/week).

I'd get an additional $409.08/fortnight if I were an Australian Resident. Which is more than I've had taken off me since becoming single, but it still doesn't justify reduced payments for FTB-A and RA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think it sucks BO The thing is partnered they have the opportunity for two incomes or one good income (because there is the other at home watching the kids meaning they don't have to work school hours). You can't exactly split yourself into two people, have your kids watched for free and work jobs with non-family friendly hours which usually come with better pay. I feel like you can't get ahead and our society allows it, especially considering you have no access to parenting payments.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (21-11-2013),MermaidSister  (22-11-2013),Stiflers Mom  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On the rates- my income and CS are about the same as what someone calculated here, and I have two children, but I get nowhere near $580 for FTB and RA combined- that's how much I received when I was partnered.

Now, with an income around 40k (from work) + a bit of PPS, and CS assessed at 6k per year (approx.), my FTB & RA amount is about $350 per fn- over $200 less than what it used to be, and a lot less than what is shown in the calculations here. It seems the CS reduces it hugely...CS which currently isn't being paid...

It's also quite funny that I don't qualify for the full rate of Rent Assistance, again due to CS. I believe you only need to be paying $200/fortnight or thereabouts to access the maximum rate- I pay $900/fn yet I am in receipt of about $50/fn less than the maximum rate. Love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is ludicrous, they really treat single parents awfully, they need more help than a parented family...not less