+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I set alllll clocks. . Microwave, stove, phone etc fast between 10-15min fast.. kinda helps..
    lowering stress... hmmmm let me know...
    Sometimes I manage to talk calmly, breath and walk away instead of rousing at dd 7yo to pack her school bag as we r trying to walk at the door at 8:30!! Soooo glad this is the last week of homework tooo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I found lowering my standards has helped and just going with a flow a bit more.

Im a bit of an organised control freak and that just makes it all 100x worse.

So yeah i just need to chill out a bit

eta - im pregnant with number 2 atm so ask me again in about 6 months haha
    Yes after number 2 was the point things got stressful for me, big time. Juggling the needs of both children, baby and toddler, plus household tasks, is a nightmare. No time to think about myself. Definitely lowering expectations and being kinder/easier to yourself makes it better. Just surrendering and thinking, you know what, it won't get done, oh well, actually makes it a lot easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your first post describes me exactly. I'm also extra stressed because my dd2 has a cows milk protein allergy, won't take a bottle, won't take prescription formula so that just leaves me, the only one that can settle her by breastfeeding and having to cut out all dairy from my diet. She is also more sensitive and fussy than dd1 and any little thing can upset her easily, which stresses me out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Yes after number 2 was the point things got stressful for me, big time. Juggling the needs of both children, baby and toddler, plus household tasks, is a nightmare. No time to think about myself. Definitely lowering expectations and being kinder/easier to yourself makes it better. Just surrendering and thinking, you know what, it won't get done, oh well, actually makes it a lot easier!
    Whats the age gap between your children? I think that makes a huge difference. Ill have a 3.5 year gap

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I feel especially stressed from about 3pm. I'm usually quite even before then and find going out with the 3 kids okay. I find getting out of the house helpful for stress normally but if we're going somewhere in the arvo it's harder for me.

I think it's a combo of low blood sugar and the kids getting tired and ratty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whats the age gap between your children? I think that makes a huge difference. Ill have a 3.5 year gap
    My gap is 2yrs 9 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gap is 2yrs 9 months
    Oh boy im scared now.

Hope things get easier for you xxx

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gap is 2yrs 9 months
    We have exactly same gap between our kids
    Last edited by baby4us; 22-11-2013 at 23:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh boy im scared now.

Hope things get easier for you xxx

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks, I am sure it will get easier as bub gets older and bit more happy to entertain herself! I look at people at the moment with two children old enough to walk and play together and get so jealous! Still tough of course, but not having to carry bub around all the time would help a lot.

Don't be scared, just be prepared. I do things like get the older child's lunch and snacks ready the night before so whether we are going out or staying home its all done. And my own lunch too, which usually gets eaten standing up holding the baby or while putting DS down for his nap!

Also I get all our clothes laid out the night before and everything by the front door ready to go out.

When bub has her first little morning nap I rush around dressing and putting sun screen on DS, putting bags in the car ready to go out, cleaning up after brekkie (only DS's mess as i never get time to eat more than a banana), and then attempting to play with him for five mins to stop me feeling guilty about lack of one to one time!

The pace is a bit overwhelming, hence the stress, but i am getting used to it and finding ways to manage it like the things I mentioned above. If you can baby wear then do it, unfortunately my bub doesn't like it and only likes being carried. Would be much easier if she was in an ergo or something with both hands free!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty much the same but the worst time for me is the whole dinner, bath, bed evening thing! I dread it every day. Im so tired at these hours and with issues at mealtimes every night I just loath it. Hate it!!!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app