+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stress levels through the day

Been doing some self awareness stuff and realized that i am quite stressed through the day, mostly due to the kids.

For example, the highest levels of stress points are the following times
    - leaving the house and getting somewhere on time
    - taking both kids somewhere at the same time, like shopping / kindy pick up drop off (getting them both in & out of car, through the activities etc)
    - trying to get any housework done, they seem to destroy things when my back is turned or get really needy
    - dinner time prep (same as above)
    - bedtime (settling them both at the same time, hubby works fifo)

I know personality types are different and stress is often self afflicted but curious on how other feel, wondering if i am normal or maybe i need some help?

Do you feel stress while going about your daily activities? What stresses you out about your kids? How do you cope?
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel stress at all those times too - except for the housework bit, I couldn't give a toss about that! Lol

I'm generally not a stressy sort of person but trying to deal with both kids at once does tend to raise my blood pressure a lot. I try to manage it by being organised and giving myself plenty of time to do what I need to do or to get places on time. For instance I start getting into the car 15 mins before I have to actually leave because I know that it takes ages to get the stuff I need, plus put baby into his seat, plus 3yo taking a billion years getting into his seat.

I also try to just go with the flow a lot. On a good day, 3yo has a 7.30 bedtime but if DH is at work and the baby is unsettled, DS1 can just wait and read quietly or something.

I too often think I must be lacking in some skill set that other mums must have, they just seem to be able to do everything! :/

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'm generally not a stressy person either. However having dd join the family has sent me into stress central lately. She is a catnapper, so I'm constantly telling my 5yo boys to be quiet. She is teething, so I stress about her being in pain.

We travel quite a lot, especially now coming into Christmas, we are going to bigger towns to do shopping etc. going long distances with all 3 kids in the back sends my levels soaring as dd will inevitably end up screaming which sets off ds2 and I can't fix it. She doesn't stop crying if I pull over on the side if the road so I just have to keep going. I'm actually stressed now just thinking about it.

I haven't been this stressed since my boys were little which tells me that small babies stress me out!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Electric Boogaloo  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Completely agree with all the stress related points you mentioned during the day OP. Since baby two came along my day is constant stress. Really finding it hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Boogaloo View Post
    trying to deal with both kids at once does tend to raise my blood pressure a lot. I try to manage it by being organised and giving myself plenty of time to do what I need to do or to get places on time. For instance I start getting into the car 15 mins before I have to actually leave because I know that it takes ages to get the stuff I need, plus put baby into his seat, plus 3yo taking a billion years getting into his seat.
    Also completely agree with this!! Trying to get my 3yo in the car while 3mo is crying is so freaking stressful!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

MummyBic  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also completely agree with you as I am the same. I feel as though my stress and anxiety levels are getting worse.

I am generally someone who is very VERY organised and since having DD I struggle with not being organised..

But what can we do to bring our stress levels down?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom88 View Post

But what can we do to bring our stress levels down?
    I think a 24hr nanny and house cleaner would help!! Hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol yes indeed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by baby4us View Post
    Been doing some self awareness stuff and realized that i am quite stressed through the day, mostly due to the kids.

For example, the highest levels of stress points are the following times
    - leaving the house and getting somewhere on time
    - taking both kids somewhere at the same time, like shopping / kindy pick up drop off (getting them both in & out of car, through the activities etc)
    - trying to get any housework done, they seem to destroy things when my back is turned or get really needy
    - dinner time prep (same as above)
    - bedtime (settling them both at the same time, hubby works fifo)

I know personality types are different and stress is often self afflicted but curious on how other feel, wondering if i am normal or maybe i need some help?

Do you feel stress while going about your daily activities? What stresses you out about your kids? How do you cope?
    TIA
    Wow that's me all over. Especially getting somewhere on time! I'm no good at that....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found lowering my standards has helped and just going with a flow a bit more.

Im a bit of an organised control freak and that just makes it all 100x worse.

So yeah i just need to chill out a bit

eta - im pregnant with number 2 atm so ask me again in about 6 months haha