+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    825
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Stress levels through the day

    Been doing some self awareness stuff and realized that i am quite stressed through the day, mostly due to the kids.

    For example, the highest levels of stress points are the following times
    - leaving the house and getting somewhere on time
    - taking both kids somewhere at the same time, like shopping / kindy pick up drop off (getting them both in & out of car, through the activities etc)
    - trying to get any housework done, they seem to destroy things when my back is turned or get really needy
    - dinner time prep (same as above)
    - bedtime (settling them both at the same time, hubby works fifo)

    I know personality types are different and stress is often self afflicted but curious on how other feel, wondering if i am normal or maybe i need some help?

    Do you feel stress while going about your daily activities? What stresses you out about your kids? How do you cope?
    TIA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,319
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked
    252
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel stress at all those times too - except for the housework bit, I couldn't give a toss about that! Lol

    I'm generally not a stressy sort of person but trying to deal with both kids at once does tend to raise my blood pressure a lot. I try to manage it by being organised and giving myself plenty of time to do what I need to do or to get places on time. For instance I start getting into the car 15 mins before I have to actually leave because I know that it takes ages to get the stuff I need, plus put baby into his seat, plus 3yo taking a billion years getting into his seat.

    I also try to just go with the flow a lot. On a good day, 3yo has a 7.30 bedtime but if DH is at work and the baby is unsettled, DS1 can just wait and read quietly or something.

    I too often think I must be lacking in some skill set that other mums must have, they just seem to be able to do everything! :/

  3. #3
    Mod-Nomsie's Avatar
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    23,657
    Thanks
    6,899
    Thanked
    7,026
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'm generally not a stressy person either. However having dd join the family has sent me into stress central lately. She is a catnapper, so I'm constantly telling my 5yo boys to be quiet. She is teething, so I stress about her being in pain.

    We travel quite a lot, especially now coming into Christmas, we are going to bigger towns to do shopping etc. going long distances with all 3 kids in the back sends my levels soaring as dd will inevitably end up screaming which sets off ds2 and I can't fix it. She doesn't stop crying if I pull over on the side if the road so I just have to keep going. I'm actually stressed now just thinking about it.

    I haven't been this stressed since my boys were little which tells me that small babies stress me out!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

    Electric Boogaloo  (19-11-2013)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked
    863
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Completely agree with all the stress related points you mentioned during the day OP. Since baby two came along my day is constant stress. Really finding it hard!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked
    863
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Boogaloo View Post
    trying to deal with both kids at once does tend to raise my blood pressure a lot. I try to manage it by being organised and giving myself plenty of time to do what I need to do or to get places on time. For instance I start getting into the car 15 mins before I have to actually leave because I know that it takes ages to get the stuff I need, plus put baby into his seat, plus 3yo taking a billion years getting into his seat.
    Also completely agree with this!! Trying to get my 3yo in the car while 3mo is crying is so freaking stressful!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

    MummyBic  (20-11-2013)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    22
    Reviews
    0
    I also completely agree with you as I am the same. I feel as though my stress and anxiety levels are getting worse.

    I am generally someone who is very VERY organised and since having DD I struggle with not being organised..

    But what can we do to bring our stress levels down?

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    825
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom88 View Post

    But what can we do to bring our stress levels down?
    I think a 24hr nanny and house cleaner would help!! Hahaha

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    22
    Reviews
    0
    Lol yes indeed!

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked
    104
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by baby4us View Post
    Been doing some self awareness stuff and realized that i am quite stressed through the day, mostly due to the kids.

    For example, the highest levels of stress points are the following times
    - leaving the house and getting somewhere on time
    - taking both kids somewhere at the same time, like shopping / kindy pick up drop off (getting them both in & out of car, through the activities etc)
    - trying to get any housework done, they seem to destroy things when my back is turned or get really needy
    - dinner time prep (same as above)
    - bedtime (settling them both at the same time, hubby works fifo)

    I know personality types are different and stress is often self afflicted but curious on how other feel, wondering if i am normal or maybe i need some help?

    Do you feel stress while going about your daily activities? What stresses you out about your kids? How do you cope?
    TIA
    Wow that's me all over. Especially getting somewhere on time! I'm no good at that....

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanks
    3,680
    Thanked
    1,949
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found lowering my standards has helped and just going with a flow a bit more.

    Im a bit of an organised control freak and that just makes it all 100x worse.

    So yeah i just need to chill out a bit

    eta - im pregnant with number 2 atm so ask me again in about 6 months haha


 

Similar Threads

  1. How do you de-stress?
    By vue in forum General Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 30-05-2013, 12:22
  2. What do you do for stress?
    By MissRose1 in forum General Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 09:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Cots on Bubhub
Looking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery shops
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!