+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got an elephant tour with my package.I REALLY want to go as I adore elephants!!But I despise animal cruelty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I'm a bit worried because people at work told me that they hit the elephants on the trek to make them walk That makes me really sad!! I LOVE elephants and I think I will smack anyone who would do that in front of me!! It makes me not want to do it!!! Scooter sounds fun,dont know how DH will handle it though Soooo excited!!! 2months to go!!!!!!!!
    I beg you please don't ride the elephants, that was probably the reason I hated Phuket so much seeing all these elephants being kept in captivity - to train/domesticate elephants they take the babies from their mothers very early and pretty much beat them into submission - I was lucky enough to visit the elephant nature Park in Chiang Mai where they rescue the Thai elephants , the stories they told me were pretty horrific so please avoid any tourist type elephant ride /photo/trek as it's the tourists who drive these ******** to keep mistreating these beautiful animals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I beg you please don't ride the elephants, that was probably the reason I hated Phuket so much seeing all these elephants being kept in captivity - to train/domesticate elephants they take the babies from their mothers very early and pretty much beat them into submission - I was lucky enough to visit the elephant nature Park in Chiang Mai where they rescue the Thai elephants , the stories they told me were pretty horrific so please avoid any tourist type elephant ride /photo/trek as it's the tourists who drive these ******** to keep mistreating these beautiful animals
    I agree!! I have felt so horrible ever since I heard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I personally didn't enjoy the elephant ride but the ones up at fantasea looked nice and I recommend the show it was wonderful although I don't like the tigers in the glass rooms that was a bit sad , we always take private taxi cars as they are more comfortable than tuktuks and the drivers can tell you so much about the place and help book cheaper tickets to outings. They will make a few stops at places such as the govt jewellery shops and other outlets as they get points to buy stuff for bringing tourists to these shops but I found them all worthwhile and always a drink offered at every place. Plus y can trust the taxis with your shopping so you don't have to lug it around. I love the island tours and march is good weather for them and the speed boats are the best way to go (you visit a few islands and get refreshments and fruit on board and the a local kayaks you thru a cave into a lagoon and then you visit a floating village for lunch. The best shopping centre is pacific fair ( sorry if I got the name wrong its been awhile) its 6 story's of shopping heaven and is between Phuket and patong. Oh yes and if a person comes up to you and try's to offer a free ipad or accomodation its a scam , they waste your time trying to sell time shares. I just tell them I don't speak English ( answer them with something german as they dont bother with german tourists lol) or that I am not interested. I can't wait to go back there again its always a good time.
    Last edited by lulu 2; 20-12-2013 at 00:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and every tom, d!ck and Harry will try to sell you a suit, so just tell them you ordered some yesterday, otherwise they will pester you sooooo much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also The Sea Canoes out at the Islands is a must! It was an amazing experience ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also The Sea Canoes out at the Islands is a must! It was an amazing experience ☺️