+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default FET Query

Hello all, just looking for some info on some options for an upcoming FET. My ovulation is all over the place, like between Cd19 and CD34, and OPK'S never work for me, but I do ovulate.
    I have one 5 day frostie left and want to ensure it's put back at the right time. Can someone advise what my options are with a medicated FET and how it works?

This current pregnancy looks like its not going to progress, so I am looking to the future.
    Thanks
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi emski, I posted a similar question about FET . I've been stressing about this too and wanting to know too.

I've done one day 6 frozen blast transfer but it was a chemical and the quality of the blast was not as good as the 2 we have. I did a natural transfer and the FS did regular blood tests until the LH surge was detected so have never used a OPK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ah ok... I was hoping I could do ovulation induction of some sort so I didnt have to endure 20 or so days of BTs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a medicated fet which resulted on my 6 week old twin boys. I took the pill for about 19 days from cd1 and then letrozol twice daily for 5 days then used a trigger shot to time ovulation.

So sorry that your current pregnancy is not progressing well, this whole journey can be so cruel at times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thank you wishful, that sounds more like what I need... I have factor V lieden which means I am not supposed to take the pill due to clotting issues, maybe I could offset that with Clexane? So many hurdles!
    Congrats on the twins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em, I've done 2 types of medicated FET's. The first type involved taking oestrogen tablets from CD1, with BT's at around day 8, then daily around expected ovulation time. I didn't have any trigger, I ovulated on my own with this. With this type of cycle, after ovulation progesterone pessaries were introduced twice a day and BT's to monitor up to and including transfer. After 2 of these cycles, I was switched to another type of medicated FET, which involved using Gonal F to stimulate ovulation at a much lower dose than for a full stimulated cycle. Bt's were regular from around day 8-10 up until O. I injected up until ovulation on about day 15, then used 3 doses of pregnyl for support before and after transfer.

It still involves lots of BT's but hope that helps