+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nothing wrong with FPFS but feeding baby to sleep can create a sleep association problem that means they won't be able to put sleep cycles together.

With DD I would always offer a top up feed before bed but then swaddle her after the feed so she would wake up a bit and put her down awake. If she cried I would body rock her and if that didn't work pick her up for a cuddle

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

loulou21  (07-05-2014),Piyamj  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Nothing wrong with FPFS but feeding baby to sleep can create a sleep association problem that means they won't be able to put sleep cycles together.
    I disagree. my kids were always fed to sleep, and over time they naturally extended their sleep to incorporate more than one sleep cycle.

Your theory just sounds like it has come from one of the sleep 'training' books.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (20-11-2013),Mod-Nomsie  (23-11-2013),mrstuilawa  (23-11-2013),Piyamj  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    I disagree. my kids were always fed to sleep, and over time they naturally extended their sleep to incorporate more than one sleep cycle.

Your theory just sounds like it has come from one of the sleep 'training' books.
    Not at all. DS was fed to sleep and couldn't put two sleep cycles together. My friends who have fed to sleep have had this problem and also had big problems with sleep regressions at 4 and 8 months. This "theory" comes from personal experience. I'm pretty sure there would be some babies who are able to be fed to sleep and sleep really well but for many it causes issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe your timeline of expectations is different to mine. I don't expect my kids to sleep independently by 4 or 8 or 12 months, and understand that 'sleep regressions' are part of kids developing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe your timeline of expectations is different to mine. I don't expect my kids to sleep independently by 4 or 8 or 12 months, and understand that 'sleep regressions' are part of kids developing.
    I'm with you. I too do not expect my kids to not need me for feed/sleep till 2yo ish.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look I rock my 10 month old dd till she is almost asleep and I lie with my almost 3 year old if he needs me to till he goes to sleep. DD did go through a sleep regression but never experienced 2 hourly waking. She also has never had much of a catnapping problem - I would suggest this May be because I have been quite big on getting her to fall asleep in her cot. So when she wakes after a sleep cycle she is not expecting a boob in her mouth to go back to sleep. My friends' experiences would suggest this is normal.

However absolutely do what works for you. If you want to feed to sleep go for it, doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    Last edited by duckduckgoose; 20-11-2013 at 10:36.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Duplicate
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 20-11-2013 at 11:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fed to sleep and Dd sleeps all night we had a mild sleep regression.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow what interest this topic generated. I also swaddle after the feed to see if that prevents the association of feed immediately before sleep. My issue with feed play sleep with my baby (I'm aware many babies do great with F-P-S) is she is hard to put down for a nap and when she does nap it's rarely more than one sleep cycle. Whereas if she feeds before sleep she may nap longer, perhaps with a more full tummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still feed dd (6 months) to sleep. Sometimes she has bad nights but mostly she only wakes once or twice for a feed. I don't expect her to sleep through, hell I don't sleep for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (23-11-2013)