+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I second Monkey'sMummy, Pinky McKay has helped me feel much better about being a new mum and trusting my instincts and what feels right for me and my baby.
    She has a website and is on Facebook :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Feed-play-sleep NEVER worked for mine, although I did try. We ended up feeding to/before sleep for all sleep up until about 11 or 12 months and it worked fine for us.
    She's 14 months now and has a feed in the morning, a feed before bed, and maybe more during the day if she asks for it...I don't offer before naps these days and she sleeps fine.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow great insights from everyone. You're made to feel if you feed before sleep that baby will be stuck on this association, but it's interesting to hear so many bubs grew out of needing this on their own time.
    I must check out Pinky Mckay - I'd heard of her but not read her books.
    Thanks again all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feed to sleep. I love it it's so easy. Bub was falling asleep on my breast anyway so I saw no sense in waking her. I wouldn't introduce a dummy if you haven't felt the need too.

She self settles if she goes down awake unless it's a wonder week ( then she needs patted to sleep).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS has always been a P-F-S, no matter how hard I've tried it's just what he likes. At 15 months he is still doing it

I think doing what's right for you and your baby is important, not what a MCHN 'tells' you to do. All babies are so different, what works for some doesn't for others.

Come to think of it - I don't think I've done any of the things a MCHN would advise!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have done f-p-f-s since dd was born, now at 7mths she has dropped the feed before her morning nap and is starting to drop her feed before her afternoon nap she only just suckles for a couple of minutes and it's enough, much better then having her cry. We still feed to sleep at night which i love and don't see her dropping anytime soon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenfoot83 For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (19-11-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 5 day old looks like he's falling into the fpfs pattern, although he just has about 5 mins before falling asleep, so it's more for comfort than food. Doesn't bother me though. I would ignore your mchn, as Nomsie said, you're the one living with the reality!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hrmmm all i ever did was feed to sleep at that age and it was very much a comfort feed for a minute untill he passsed out. plus its good for your supply. i would keep doing what is working for you!
    from about 8mths i introduced a comforter - bunny rug thing because feeding to sleep was no longer working. it acted as a sleep cue and it smelt of me (i slept with it for a week). Worked great.
    Last edited by Beefie; 19-11-2013 at 12:58.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Beefie For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad I saw this thread, I was wondering the same thing today! My 5 1/2 week old is doing the same thing. I know he is only very young, but I like the sleepy cuddles when he feeds before sleep so dont really want to give them up (unless he does!) but was wondering if long-term it might create a bad habit - or that he wont be able to go to sleep unless I am around. Do others find they can have someone else put bubs to sleep (eg: if you arent around - working etc or get a DH/DP to do it?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waitinghoping my dh puts dd to sleep just fine if I'm not here if boobies are around she wants them, if they're not she's quite happy without them

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

waitinghoping  (20-11-2013)