+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    As a feminist I wholeheartedly agrees with her that we need to put the slogan to rest.

It diminishes the importance of fatherhood and works against our own best interests.

Even in this thread I have read so many time about the importance of mothers - yet fathers are not even mentioned.

It's time to break the cycle, praise fatherhood and maybe we will get a balance parenthood as a result
    My husband tells me being a mum is the hardest job he admits I do know way more about our son and his needs then he does.

My husband is the best father he has been involved from day 1 in every way he can but even he admits he couldn't do what I do.

I'm confused as to what being a feminist has to do with this issue?

Asha 26, William 13 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can check Catherine's FB page Caviar.

It is posted on there too, along with further conversation.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Feminism is about believing in gender equality. As such I believe being a father is as tough as being a dad.

I honestly can't see the difference after breastfeeding days are over. And even then, my baby is still BF and I don't think my husband's role is any easier than mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a parenting forum though, and interestingly there's hardly any men around. Kind of says it all really.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MermaidSister For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (20-11-2013),Ellewood  (20-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidSister View Post
    This is a parenting forum though, and interestingly there's hardly any men around. Kind of says it all really.
    I think that's a lot more about preferred communication methods and how they choose to spend their time on the internet rather than as a sign they are not as involved as parents. In fact I wish I spent less time on the net like my husband does!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidSister View Post
    It's also a pregnancy forum.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-11-2013),FearlessLeader  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    The byline clearly says Catherine Deveny. And as @Renn says it is clearly her writing. I don't know where people are getting Miranda Devine

ETA Catherine Deveny is also mainly known as a writer and journo, she's not a comedian. She may *think* she's funny sometimes but it's not her job
    She is actually a comedian. Her own website declares her a writer, comedian and social commentator. She's written and performed stand up for years. Quite funny, too, at times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Replace it with "Parents" and I say - yes. Yes it really is the most important job in the world. Although I don't think of it as a job - it is so much more than that. I can understand how the mother thing evolved, for many of us, we are with our kids 100% of the time for their formative years. But parenting is an equal responsibility. I think of all my friends over all my life, the one who ended up with issues, and I can pretty much say all of the ones I can think of had issues with one, or the other of their parents.

So yes - the most important.
    Yes, I agree with this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I think that's a lot more about preferred communication methods and how they choose to spend their time on the internet rather than as a sign they are not as involved as parents. In fact I wish I spent less time on the net like my husband does!
    This is true. men are less likely for a variety of reasons to join a parenting forum and express their feelings about parenting.

There are oodles of fantastic dads out there. But I guess as with most things, the losers ruin it for the good ones.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My husband is a fantastic dad, and husband. But there is a clear divide in my household tonight - dh sick, been asleep since midday whilst I did everything. Now im sick, yet I'll still have to get up and feed DS3 and deal with DS2's night terror and then do school and normal day stuff tomorrow...

I love being a SAHM but jesus I wish I could have a sick day when im vomiting non stop.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (20-11-2013),Ellewood  (20-11-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (19-11-2013)