+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Two + kids & car seats

DH & I were talking today, contemplating how we would manage with a second child. We wondered how we would manage more than one car seat. My car would be fine (large sedan) but DH car is a dual cab work ute & already squishy in the back with one car seat. We generally travel in his car (mines just a run around car). DD would be only 3yo at the earliest if a second child comes along. So she would still be in forward facing car seat, can't go into booster until 4yo I believe??

So how does everyone manage their car seats? Do you swap them over between cars?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have seats for both our cars. We have a 5 and 2yo. When the new bub comes she will have a capsule in my car and an infasecure caprice in dps car, then when she grows out of the capsule we will put the infasecure in my car and buy another one for dps car, or buy another one for my car.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We manged to fit three car seats I a Toyota Corolla using slimline seats. Two will be a breeze.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    We have seats for both cars for all 3 kids but DH can onlu fit 2 seats in his car... so he just has to change the seats in his car depending on which kids he is taking with him.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have seats in both our cars and then tend to pass on seats to various grandparents as ours get bigger and other nieces/nephews arrive.

DH has a dual cab navara and he fits a Hi Liner and a SNS Meridian I think (or something but it's not a small seat and he manages just fine. Only time he takes the seats out is if he is going away with the boys, otherwise they are always in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one car seat and 2 boosters in the back of a barina spark. slim ones and works fine. I think the 4 thing is right for a booster but if your 3 year old is taller you may get away with a booster so I have been told. Not sure on that?

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    I have one car seat and 2 boosters in the back of a barina spark. slim ones and works fine. I think the 4 thing is right for a booster but if your 3 year old is taller you may get away with a booster so I have been told. Not sure on that?

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    As far as I know . It's 4yo, AND at height markers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (18-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Legally a child between the ages of 6 months and 4 years has to be in either a forward facing or rear facing seat with an inbuilt 5/6 point harness. An add on H-harness does not count. Considering that I have seen 9 year old children still able to fit in a harnessed seat there are not many children younger than 4 that will be too tall according to the new height marker system (weight no longer counts in seats). Being too tall for any seat on the market is the only legal reason to move to the next restraint type early.

As far as seats and 2 cars most people I know have 2 sets of seats and keep them permanently in their cars. Saved the worry of not installing them properly/tight enough when putting them in in a hurry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Legally your child can go into a booster at 4, but they shouldn't. Harnessing as long as possible is the safest option for your child. Two seats is easy, you can install them next to each other if you get slim seats (Maxi Rider Easy Adjust and Kompressor Caprice for bellybub) and fit a person next to them, there's no need to uninstall them unless you have to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    Nope, it's illegal not to mention dangerous.