+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BUMP

Any more feedback about the Nuture Centre? I'm thinking about asking for a referral. Honestly DD's night sleeping isn't really that bad. I just desperately need help in establishing routine, esp with naps, encouraging solid feeding, and stopping BF-ing to settle. I don't have much support, living away from family, so I thought this would be my best bet at sorting out our issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am due to go next week so I'll keep you posted. But if you are considering it book now, you can always change your mind. It took a 7 week wait to get in for next week.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

alexis243  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    I am due to go next week so I'll keep you posted. But if you are considering it book now, you can always change your mind. It took a 7 week wait to get in for next week.
    Thank you! Please do let me know.
    I'll call up tomorrow morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh 10-12 weeks wait. I was hoping for a little less than that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis243 View Post
    Oooh 10-12 weeks wait. I was hoping for a little less than that!
    Ah man so the wait list is getting longer. That sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've just finished my stay at the centre. It was fantastic. The nursing staff are lovely and so supportive. They don't promote CIO or CC strategies but there is crying involved when you are patting bub and they don't get their way - like when they want to be picked up and you refuse obviously bub gets upset.

When you first arrive a pediatrician checks bub to make sure there aren't many medical issues. Throughout your stay a doctor comes to check mum, just a few questions to see if there are any issues (I guess to identify pnd and conditions like that?).

They hold classes/info sessions on different topics like baby massage and baby led weaning. Some babies are there for feeding issues.

They have beautiful volunteers that help out with bub. They play with them while you eat lunch in peace, or if you need a shower etc. they are so lovely, just beautiful grandmas that love babies (and obviously have blue cards etc!).

The rooms are very big and everything is quite comfortable. The food is pretty good too, plenty of it! And last, but not least there is a massage therapist that comes on the Friday and the nurses and vollies watch bub while you get a massage! (Costs extra, but it's worth it and you've earnt it by the end of a tough week).

Back to the sleeping - they have a camera on bubs cot the whole time so they can see if bub is awake or asleep and if you need help in the middle of the night they can see you are trying to settle bub and can come in and help. This is a great idea because then they aren't knocking on the door in the middle of the night checking on you.

There is a family room too where most mums hang out, eat dinner and chat and also a play area for the babies that are awake. It's a very friendly and welcoming environment.

I highly recommend this centre. We have had great success with stopping dd2 from bf to sleep. She isn't good with strangers and very clingy so didn't do too well when the nurses tried to pat and shush her to sleep. But when I did it we had more success. Her biggest issue is waking after one sleep cycle and not being able to resettle well. But we are working on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay I got my booking moved up to next week!

I'm just about to do my online admission, did anyone else do theirs online? I'm asking because I can't actually find it. Is the admission on the north west hospital page rather than the nurture clinic page?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane nurture centre sleep school

Hi, I just finished my week at Brisbane nurture centre. It was a 10 week wait to get in but I got in in 4 weeks due to a cancelation. It wasn't the quick fix I was hoping for but it defiantly helped improve things. The nurses are so amazing there. They do responsive settling, so putting baby down awake at the first signs of tiredness and listening to cries if baby is distressed you pat them in cot. It has defiantly helped me find ways to settle my baby that don't involve an hour of rocking ect. I highly recommend it if you need help.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clinic

This clinic is 100% controlled crying. I left after one night. They could not explain or justify the cortisol increase in babies when left crying and just told me that I'd obviously done my research, when I asked them, genuinely what their response was.

I would never go back, they made us sign a bit of paper to say we'd follow SIDS guidelines, when they didn't!!! Put the baby in the middle of the cot, put my baby in a pram without strapping him in (was far too young and he was mobile and rolling) I got him out. At which point I was told 'I don't think we can help you.' They kept trying to settle the baby by shhhing and patting. Eventually every single time they gave up and said I'd need to feed him to sleep. They also praised when bub rolled onto tummy and said they thought he'd sleep better (again, against the guidelines they made us sign).

A seven week old baby was next to me and cried for 20 minutes before. I stopped counting. They wouldn't pick it up.

Furthermore my bub is light sleeper and we were in a room right next to trolleys being wheeled in and outside. When we got home after leaving bub slept for ages, as he was so exhausted, so in that sense it worked.

They also call you the morning of check in to make sure you're not sick. When their staff turned up with colds! Bub got sick from them!

If anyone doesn't think it's controlled crying they just need to google responsive settling. It's just another name for the same thing.

What it has taught me is that I would never do that to my child. Pick up your crying baby, follow your instinct. Love and cuddle them. Best thing I ever did was to go to this clinic as I realised I needed to follow my heart first ant ignore all the paraphernalia we keep getting told by medical professionals. It is not evidence based any best for your child. Hugging and loving, being gentle and responding is.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Proonami For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-09-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Loved it

Went with my 10month old and loved it. Very patient. Worked at my pace. Felt so much easier having someone there to say that cry is okay or time to go in now. She's an amazing sleeper now.