+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Well hopefully it will work out I noticed on your other thread that you're having feeding issues. .. I've been there too! I hope things get calmer.. we might end up meeting!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks Hun, today was a bit better... Def 1 step forward 2 steps backward!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Thanks Hun, today was a bit better... Def 1 step forward 2 steps backward!
    Oh gosh I know that feeling. My dd is currently set up with advd player in her room to watch cloudbabies to go to sleep!!!!

My dr called ellen barron Centre and they had no availability til next year. He's writing referrals for both places for me and listed urgent. My dd didn't sleep more than about 4 hours last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    Hi just wanted to say I went to the Ellen Barron centre last year with my son and they definitely do not do CC or CIO. The nurses were fantastic and would definitely go back if I needed to.
    Thats strange cos when I went there in may this year it was called "responsive settling" but they discouraged going in to settle bub and advised to listen to crys so effectively bub was CIO. You can choose between hands on rocking bub in cot, or ssshh pat or responsive settling as above

loved it though and found the support amazing. I would have gone to nurture centre if they were open then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyMac View Post
    Thats strange cos when I went there in may this year it was called "responsive settling" but they discouraged going in to settle bub and advised to listen to crys so effectively bub was CIO. You can choose between hands on rocking bub in cot, or ssshh pat or responsive settling as above

loved it though and found the support amazing. I would have gone to nurture centre if they were open then.
    Yes responsive settling as in listening to your baby and responding accrordingly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMO, its still a form of cc/CIO but renamed "responsive settling" hence why they don't recommend this strategy until over 9 months of age.

bub cries that high pitched cry for 5 minutes, you go in to bub, reassure bub, exit room, close door then listen to bubs cries again. That's cc you set the time/listen to bubs cries and distinguish hysterical, wind down, calling out, protesting etc. it's cc - no two ways about it.

CIO if you didn't respond to bub at all and bub cried for 10 mins winding down to falling asleep, that's CIO. You left bub to cry without responding at all.

Anyway I was comfortable with the method as my DS was 14 months and it worked on him after 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's interesting you had that experience as there was no times set at all for me. As I said I listened to his cries and responded accordingly - no watching the clock at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 2 at nurture centre and the support is amazing. Couldn't be happier with the centre itself. Definitely not CIO, mums are encouraged to react however they want

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MissHannah For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissHannah View Post
    Day 2 at nurture centre and the support is amazing. Couldn't be happier with the centre itself. Definitely not CIO, mums are encouraged to react however they want
    Hi could you tell me if there is a cost involved? I've been referred to EBC and I'm really really anxious about having to do CC. I have heard that the nurture centre have a more gentle approach? I have PHI but no hospital cover so I'm assuming there would be a fee involved to stay at the nurture centre? Also did you just need a referral from your gp? Any info would be appreciated 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemtwins View Post
    Hi could you tell me if there is a cost involved? I've been referred to EBC and I'm really really anxious about having to do CC. I have heard that the nurture centre have a more gentle approach? I have PHI but no hospital cover so I'm assuming there would be a fee involved to stay at the nurture centre? Also did you just need a referral from your gp? Any info would be appreciated 😊
    Those who have been probably know better.
    I have hospital phi so I just need to pay my excess to go. So not sure if you don't. I would think it would cost a lot?? You do need a referral.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemtwins View Post
    My DD2 has mid level PHI and I had to pay a $500 excess. You can call up admissions and they can tell you how much your out of pocket will be. I don't have phi but as Eva is the patient in just a boarder. Yes IMO it's a more gentle approach. It's all about your goals and what you're comfortable doing. You tell them what you'd like to implement and they help support you in that. It's all about what the mum is comfortable doing and making little steps. They do not like leaving baby to cry alone, and will encourage that at the very least you sit beside them and pat them. Happy up answer any other questions :-) I've been extremely happy with the centre and the nurses are simply amazing