+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd is nearly 12 months. We've had sleep issues but not like it is now. She has been in and out of hospital and had surgeries too. ..so I'm not sure anyone can help us!!
    I think my paed will happily set up the referral to nurture Brisbane. I wonder how long it takes to get in.

I'm really interested in knowing how you go!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi just wanted to say I went to the Ellen Barron centre last year with my son and they definitely do not do CC or CIO. The nurses were fantastic and would definitely go back if I needed to.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (20-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    Hi just wanted to say I went to the Ellen Barron centre last year with my son and they definitely do not do CC or CIO. The nurses were fantastic and would definitely go back if I needed to.
    Can you tell me what they do? Is it like a hands on thing? Do you have your own room? Where does the baby sleep?
    Sorry for all the questions!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Can you please keep us updated when or after you are there? I may still need to consider it if dd doesn't move into her own bed at some stage (we co-sleep).

How long does it take to get a place and is there a minimum age?
    No problem! I only got my referral in 1.5 weeks ago and they told me I could go dec 2, which also worked for me as I could get my ex to take time to help look after my toddler. The ages they cater for are birth to 18 months. I'll have to pay $500 excess fee as we have fairly low level PHI, but I'm going halves with DD2's dad so hopefully be worth it. I'm pretty desperate so definitely worth it to me. It is very similar to Ellen Barron apparently but due to it being private, shorter wait list times

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissHannah For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (20-11-2013),Tamtam  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awesome thanks for the info. I am really keen to hear your experience with the centre! In the meantime I am trying to get my dd settled during the day and if we can get day time sorted I might have some luck with night time. I just don't know how I can get her to sleep by herself at night. She fights it so hard from around 7pm. Doesn't fight so hard during the day, which is weird.

If I can get in this year I won't be up for the excess with my phi as I have already been in hospital twice and paid the excess for the calendar year...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Can you tell me what they do? Is it like a hands on thing? Do you have your own room? Where does the baby sleep?
    Sorry for all the questions!!

Yes it's hands on, 'responsive settling' is what they call it. You have your own room and bathroom and the baby sleeps in a room attached to yours so in one room you have your bed, the bathroom off that and the babies room off your bedroom too but all in the same room. Lol that probably doesn't make sense!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am almost at my wits end today...seems we have taken 1 step forward 2 steps backwards. She was having 2 x day sleeps by herself for the past 2 days. Today - nothing! Gosh this is hard second time around with a bigger kid to entertain and cater for

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am almost at my wits end today...seems we have taken 1 step forward 2 steps backwards. She was having 2 x day sleeps by herself for the past 2 days. Today - nothing! Gosh this is hard second time around with a bigger kid to entertain and cater for
    Big hugs. I spoke with the nurture Centre today. Really really helpful and lovely on the phone. No vacancy til 16 December but I put my name on the cancelation list! Are you still interested?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Big hugs. I spoke with the nurture Centre today. Really really helpful and lovely on the phone. No vacancy til 16 December but I put my name on the cancelation list! Are you still interested?

I am but it's going to be a huge juggle for us so close to Christmas. Dh will need to take time off work to look after dd1...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am but it's going to be a huge juggle for us so close to Christmas. Dh will need to take time off work to look after dd1...
    Well hopefully it will work out I noticed on your other thread that you're having feeding issues. .. I've been there too! I hope things get calmer.. we might end up meeting!!