+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bike trailer for kids

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has used a bike trailer for their kids. Just wondering what the pros and cons are and any particular brands that are good! Not sure whether to get a seat on my bike or a trailer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We just bought one last week and have used it about 4 times and the kids love it! It comes with a mesh cover and rain cover, so it has even been used on a rainy day.

The pros for us is that we can sit two kids in it, as opposed to just one on a bike seat. The kids find it really fun and relaxing being driven around in it. Other pros would be it was super easy to assemble, quick release pins/assembly/disassembly attachment and a spare attachment so you could can put it on another bike (have another bike with a coupling). Plenty of reflectors and a bright orange flag and is easy to tow. Room behind the seat for a few shopping bags is another little bonus.

Cons would be limited leg space for older kids (5 yrs +) though our tall 7 year old can fit in it, but gets a bit uncomfortable after a while.

We're really happy with ours so far, it handles really well, doesn't tip when you're turning corners and the kids absolutely love it! I have a rule that ours is only to be used on bike paths, so the only time it gets taken on the road is to cross the road etc. Very happy we bought it and it was under $100 so not very expensive either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your response. I was thinking the same, that we would only use it on bike tracks. I think it would be the only safe option. Can I ask where you got yours from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got one from Aldi last week. Have used it a few times, and have loved it! It's very lightweight and sturdy. DS3 is nearly 13kg, and quite tall and fits nicely in it, though its probably not big enough for two of him. It handles really well. No problems with cornering, and goes well over bumpier tracks (we don't have great walking tracks everywhere here).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We got ours from Aldi last week too. We have always wanted one and were looking at the Big W ones as well, but the Aldi ones appealed to us more.

So far, so good.