+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Computer Geek Help please ...

Please bear with me while I try to explain ...

I need to create an electronic form that when you answer a question, a whole list of other options appears (that aren't visible unless you tick a certain field).

For example:

Do you require a vehicle for your site visit: Tick Yes Tick No

If you tick no, nothing happens and you go to the next question, if you tick yes another list of fields such as "Do you require a 4WD?" etc appears.

I'm not sure which program to use and unfortunately don't know what this is called to google a "how to"?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is this going to be a form displayed on a web page or can it be done in excel? And how do you want the answers to come back to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's for internal use, for a job safety form before going to site. It's not for a website, it can be done on excel (or pretty much any standard office program) and it generally gets pdf'd and saved into a project file. I'm not sure if it's even possible outside the website environment, but I'd get major kudos if I could find out. You rock happygrl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should be able to do it in excel using "IF" statements and drop lists, eg

cell A1
    Do you require a vehicle for your site visit?

cell a2
    create a drop list (see http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Drop-Down-List-in-Excel)

Cell b1
    type:
    IF(A2="yes","Do you require a 4WD","")

I'm not entirely sure how to add a second conditional drop down list in b2 - I'll be able to figure it out with a bit more time (it's been a while since I used excel like this).

It might actually be easier using a "mailto" form on a webpage that has the questions and emails the answers when it is submitted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try google "survey monkey" its an online survey tool. Not sure of cost bur we use it at work. It lets you setup conditional questions like you described.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Addiegirl For This Useful Post:

hongkhoa  (06-10-2014)