Closed Thread
Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome my heart! Yes Dr M does do phone consults but I would advise to book now as you will have to wait a few months to get in. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

myheart  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup. I booked mine 3 weeks ago and my phone consult is the 17th april.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

myheart  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timetoshine View Post
    Little ted, I'm not really sure how to go about it but what a great idea. If you do speak to your ob (dr b?) about it, he does know about dr m and seemed quite interested when I briefly mentioned the immune treatments I was taking. Would be wonderful if there was someone in newy who knew about immune issues as well as getting it more widely accepted. The only problem I see with research is that proper trials would need to be done with the drugs and testing to check immune system along the way and a lot of the more advanced testing is only done in the us...
    Would be great to boost awareness as a first step. I think you're right - to do proper trials it would need to be done in conjunction with someone like Dr M as he seems to get the largest portion of immunology patients (I had the paper work here ready to see him too if brushed aside again).
    Dr B has been great and made some good calls so far. My gp said quite honestly that she was not very educated in this area as it's relatively new findings and wasn't in her training. Even if it could be entered properly into gp and obst. training programs so that it can be considered.

Will think more about it during semester break...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick note. I think the smoking gun would be just test for ANA. Perhaps dig deeper if it is positive. I suspect it is impossible to screen for all of them at once. ANA is such a simple test. It is kinda a lucky draw as I know some Drs test ANA as pre-IVF treatment assessment and some don't. I know a lady who got lucky to put on pred when she tested positive for her first cycle and carries on the pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes - I agree. Would love to see it added to pre-pregnancy blood tests and regular mc blood tests - it was left off my first lot of mc bloods due to not enough education.

Does it help show up the NK cells too or are they only through the biopsy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Yes - I agree. Would love to see it added to pre-pregnancy blood tests and regular mc blood tests - it was left off my first lot of mc bloods due to not enough education.

Does it help show up the NK cells too or are they only through the biopsy?
    Blood tests give an indication and biopsy gives more accurate results.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

i had two early blasts transferred Monday hoping, one at least is a sticky bean.
    No idea on any frosties, one dropped off at day 4 and the other 2 were behind.
    I have no bothered for an update, what will be will be.
    As Monday morning, nothing was at freezer grade, so we took the two. I would have frozen one if it was ready.

Im such a sad case, I POAS today to see the pregnal booster on FER to see what it looks like. Yep if I keep doing that its gonna mess bad with my head. But in another week, if AF has not shown up. With a BFN I've ALWAYS got AF when due no matter how much crinone or pessaries. So have no idea if it will keep,it away.
    Only time will tell.

Just also wanted to say thank you to you wonderful ladies, for your fantastic support. This cycle has been extremely hard, massive risks just hoping nothing going to go wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to this thread and have been so totally engrossed and amazed by the stories and information shared by you all! What a wonderful community.

I am looking for a little advice...we have been TTC for 2 and a bit years now with just 1 chemical pregnancy to show for all that action! For the past year we have been seeing a gyno who ran a whole raft of blood tests plus did a lipiodol flush on me and 'was really disappointed' (?) that we hadn't fallen pregnant as he could not see any reason why it wasn't happening. So due to my age (40) and the fact that dh works FIFO roster we have been referred to fs for ivf.

During 6week wait to see fs (appointment is 3rd April) I bought and read dr beers book and all sorts of bells were going off in my head! I have suffered from eczema all my life, have fibromyalgia and for the last couple of years have been really reactive to food breaking out in hives and urticaria., plus unexplained fertility.

With this exciting revelation I booked myself an appointment with dr m (1st May) and subsequently sent an email to my gyno requesting he send a copy of all test results to him. Now after reading some if the posts on this thread I was somewhat prepared to receive some flack for my decision but nothing could have prepared me for the reaction I received! Not only did our gyno send me a return email full of underlines and capitals for emphasis he also called hubby, who is currently at work in NW WA, and chewed his ear out for 15 mins advising him the protocol isn't tested, not worth the time and money etc etc etc, you've all heard it before no doubt.

So my quandary is this...am I jumping the gun by making an appointment with dr m before having further testing completed by fs?

My gut feeling is that dr m could really help us but not having thru an ivf cycle before I wonder if it's necessary for me to have further testing done before making the decision to see dr m. Has anyone been a client of dr m's and TTC naturally?

Tia for your thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rubylou88

Do what you think is best for you.

Our fs always tells us we are young and it will happen. But tell that to our bank account. I have a translocation so we have to have our embies geneticly tested so there is nothing wrong with them.

Do you think we are wrong to have an appt. With dr m to ensure we have checked all our boxes before doing our next transfer? (Rhetorical )

If you are barking up the wrong tree im sure dr m will tell you that at your first appt. Dont stress.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

Rubylou88  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree! Most FS are skeptical of the unknown if they don't know about the treatment etc many ladies in here have proven that all they need is his immune treatment. I wish I had found dr m at the start of my journey to speed things up..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Rubylou88  (26-03-2014)