Closed Thread
Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls - thanks for all your support, it made me feel so much better... its so nice to read all the well wishes and thoughts...everyone responds differently and I really appreciate it.

New day today, and already thinking we will probably go back Feb/March - me on my own. Have emailed Dr M to see if he thinks any further testing is in order, as we have a bit of time up our sleeves now.

No frozen, so a new cycle and a new donor probably.... oh dear... that was the hardest part last time and thought we had chosen so well. I'm lucky that DH is behind another attempt.

Best be off to work now.

Love Sooty

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

cappy  (26-11-2013),MGC Bertie  (26-11-2013),SimpsonDesert  (26-11-2013),soclose  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gentay and welcome.

PreciousHeart thank you so much. I sent you a message. You're always so helpful to me. I am so grateful.

Sooty I'm glad you have another plan in place. I did the same when DE didn't work. It's hard though when we use our own eggs for years and when we have young eggs our hopes soar thinking it will just work!! I admire your strength. This road is tough. We have our eye on the prize and we will get it but it can test the best of us getting there. It certainly helps having a supportive partner. It will be interesting to see what Dr M has to say. I hope your first day back at work is kind to you!! Hang in there.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sooty - As I said on the SA donation thread I was so very sorry to read of your BFN. Great that you have a plan in place to work towards and that you'll be going back Feb/March time. Humira will be still in your system too as it's good for 6 months! It was such a shame your donor didn't respond as well as they would of liked. Just out of interest how old is she? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Precious heart- a lady in our fb group started immune treatment at 8wks and is still happily pregnant at 20-ish weeks.

Libelle- I had brown spotting 5dp5dt, thought it was all over so did a hpt and it was positive! Now a beautiful 5 month old

Sooty may. Sorry to hear your news, hope you're doing ok.

Hi everyone else
    Last edited by Bella978; 26-11-2013 at 16:57.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for that info Bella978, appreciate it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soclose - thank you.. you are so right... I thought I had "the hope" in check... obviously I didn't... and like you say... you just expect it to work the first time... well I did - as I had heard so many amazing stories of it working first time. The only thing that is keeping me sane, is the option to go back... otherwise it would be different story. But, having said that... as DH said, if we had 100k in the bank... we would just keep on going. But we don't, so there will be a cut off point, and I guess more pressure next time - Yipee... brace yourself girls !! ____________________________ (gorgeous Bubhub isn't letting me put lines in again.... errrgh) ......................... Helenmac.. I didn't realise that, re the Humira...I still have the other 20mg syringe left.. but of course wont be using that this Saturday... at $900 it can wait till next time. Our donor was turning 22 in January. Not sure if I said.. but this is how unpredictable it all is. I chose her as she has a little boy (that was important to me, as I really wanted her to be in touch with the gift she was giving us, and that she had had a successful healthy child herself) - and the big thing was, her last donation (and the 1st) she had 19 eggs retrieved, a pregnancy on the way for the couple and 15 eggs/embryos frozen !!!!!!! So go work that out ??! ___________________________ Work was good to me and I brain stormed all day... you guessed it...about our next move !! ______________________________ Also.. just a note of warning about Dex and making sure you take the magnesium... I haven't really taken it regulary since the plane trip home (plus I'm down to my last teaspoon). And I'm sitting here in bed...and felt my right leg twitching... then my left calf muscel just cramped up big time... like a rock for what seemed like 5 minutes... it was agony and I felt faint it was that bad... so keep up the magnesium girls... I'm straight down the chemist tomorrow. ______________________________ Dr M has told me to wean off 1 tablet every 3 days. I've made a phone consult with him... he said he wants to "tweak" my treatment.... I'm not sure why, as unless he is going to do further tests (and I did tell him embryo quality wasn't good)... so we shall see! _________________________ Love to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sooty, so glad the magnesium is working for you!!! great news also I emailed Dr M's email address and got an anonymous note back saying to wean the dex by one pill of 0.5mg every 4 days, not 3 days like you… and as you were on the higher dose and for longer too (I never made it to taking 4 tabs) I would wean one tab per 4 days - I've read some scary stuff about coming off it re your adrenals switching back on etc, so just go slow hun… I was even going to go down to one every alternate day once I'd stopped the 4 day thing but I felt fine so stopped after 4 days on 2 pills, then 4 days on 1 pill. Hope you're feeling ok and making good plans I really feel that, so awful and unfortunate, but I do think it was the quality of the embryos, not you, just can't believe what happened in your cycle from a 21 year old, crazy… such an ordeal to go through, I'm so sorry...

Just remember, when you finally have your baby, you will realise "ah this is why everything happened, this is the baby we were meant to have"… this is what we know from having our bub after years of trying and miscarriages… if it wasn't for all that, we wouldn't have HIM, he is so unique. Hold that thought close, your baby is coming (maybe two!)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Preciousheart - thank you for your post and advice on coming off the Dex... I will take that on board, definitely. I have a phone apt today with Dr M - anytime now between 12-2pm.. so am going to ask him about re-testing my blood/NK Cells whilst still on it. If he doesn't, I'm going to go to my GP, with the previous copy of the request slip and get him to do it. I thank you so much for your comments on the embryo quality too. I do agree, as both Doctors over there didn't voice any hope.. so I prob kind of knew, but of course was hanging on to some hope. I agree, it probably wasn't meant to be... for whatever reason. I'm disappointed though as I really loved our donor and wanted her to be part of our childs genetic make up. I loved her kindness and thoughts for us... but obviously not meant to be, for whatever reason. Thanks again, I love what you have said, about our baby will find us, and hopefully it is 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness I just found out it worked! I am finally pregnant! Am so excited I can hardly contain myself! My head is spinning!

I know it's such early days yet but I am going to enjoy this feeling. Took the day off work as I just could not face getting that dreaded phone call from the nurse at work!

Happy with the HCG of 444 - day 16 test (11 days post day 5 transfer)!

I can't wait for my hubby to come home from work!

I can't thank you all enough for putting me onto Dr M and Dr L here in Melbourne!

Libelle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Libelle For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS Libelle, that is such wonderful news, well done and well deserved, so pleased that little scare was just a blip! enjoy enjoy, I'm so happy for you!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (28-11-2013)