Closed Thread
Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd say 80%-90% of the needles DH gave me didn't 'hurt', but then an occasional one would sting a bit more.

If it accidentally hits a vessel a little blood may come to the surface - just grab a clean tissue and place gently on the spot - don't press hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh nattie - it does sound like a rough time. Don't let others down-play your feelings and it is good that you are talking about them.

When we were going through infertility and recurrent mc I didn't hate that people were pregnant but as you said it just makes you sad that it just isn't happening for you. I find that I pull back into my shell when I am going through a stressful time and tend to distance myself from most people - it's just a pattern I've found I do.

Thinking of you x.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

nattie84  (21-03-2014),Pihu  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nattie.... oh that's so insensitive for someone to tell you to suck it up and get on with it. I feel exactly like you, and certainly have melt-down moments, ranging from often to now-and-then!! No-one who hasn't been through IVF like some of us have can pass any judgement at all. I listen to people at work with all their "woes" and think that not one single one has even the smallest amount of stress (emotional, financial, physical) that we do. One lady at work who is pregnant is constantly complaining of everything pregnancy related - morning sickness, some dehydration issue and possible pre-eclampsia. Everyone falls head-over-heals over her "issues", but all I can do is sit there thinking "that is nothing". Yes, I know that those are real issues and potentially quite serious, but it's nothing, compared to what I've been through, and still I'm not pregnant and won't have a baby to show for it :-( Others will never understand, and I really doubt that I'll ever be able to explain it at all anywhere near what I've been through.

Sorry for the rant. It was meant to make you feel better. I was at the IVF counsellor two days ago - cried through about half the session, but only used 4 tissues this time - 2 less than last time, so I must be getting better!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep fully understand Nattie.

In feb this year went to a friends party and for the first ever both me and DH felt like two bumps on a log. Everyone was there with their families and we left early me in tears in the car. I spent two sessions at the IVF c trying to work through it.

No phone calls from Monash today, so things hopefully are still
    on track for ET Monday. Still have slight temp but nothing to crazy so FX this EPU has not caused complications.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your kind messages xo

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opps stuffed up patches 😳 was supposed to be using then two days ago doh !! Will start today. What are they supposed to do ??

Also I'm supposed to do pregnal booster on day 3 ?? I've got no dosage amount ?? What do people normally have mine are on 3 6 and 9.

Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Opps stuffed up patches 😳 was supposed to be using then two days ago doh !! Will start today. What are they supposed to do ??

Also I'm supposed to do pregnal booster on day 3 ?? I've got no dosage amount ?? What do people normally have mine are on 3 6 and 9.

Many thanks
    Is it not the whole amount? I can't remember, but I thought we cracked open the bottle and mixed it up, a new btl each time. I think I had 4. Et, 3,6,9

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances.... as to the Pregnyl injections, you do the whole bottle - like Chiefsgirl said, crack open the vial, mix and inject the whole lot. IVFA did these 3 times (days 3,6,9 after EPU) while Fertility First did these 4 times (days 2,5,8,11 after EPU) so it depends on your clinic.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cheifs & Bertie,

Yep after mixing the bottles I have 3 doses. Just had not looked into the box doh !

5 embies still growing strong at day 3

And after trying to use the mixing needle to inject with lol There is the injection one in the pack. So reading instructions not my strong point

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances.... oh, lol, you'll never get that mixing needle in you since it's flat!! But I've had plenty of mix up with needles over the time - 99% of the time we've got it right, but a couple of mix ups, including a quick trip to the emergency department late at night to get a needle for Gonal F - which they didn't have!! As they only had regular needles, this then meant we couldn't use the pre-filled syringe, so the doctor on call had to work out a calculation of how many units were equivalent to how many clicks, then we withdrew through the end. Totally stressful at 10 o'clock at night, thinking we'd stuffed the cycle up because of one silly needle!! The things we do!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (23-03-2014)