Closed Thread
Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SeasideGirl View Post
    PreciousHeart,

I'm new here and sorry to butt in on your comment, but I have powdered Inositol here (I have insulin resistance and a doc once told me it might help) I don't even know if I've taken it, but if it would help with cellulite, I'd make a paste and coat it on lol!

I just wanted to know what dosage you were told to take. I wasn't recommended it by Dr M, but I with the IR it can only help and better looking legs are totally a bonus!
    Thanks
    hi seaside, i take metformin for PCOS and insulin resistance. Been taking it for donkey's years before started ttc but heard it can help with it. Also have MTHFR and Dr M put me on 5mg folic acid as well as the steroids and Clexane. Are you taking these too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kiwi76,

Yes Ive been on Diabex XR 1000mg nightly for about 6 months now. Honestly I don't notice any difference at all. I use a blood glucose monitor and my levels are barely any different!

Still, like you I have heard its good for during preg so continue to stay on it. Dr M also told me not to go off it for at least the first 12 weeks, I know some uninformed docs will tell you its dangerous to take in early preg, but its not true.

Im also on 5mg Folic, Caltrate, D, Vit E along with the clexane, progesterone and pred (all of which Ive done before with no success) but have now added in the Intralipids/IVIG as per Dr M. - hopefully that makes all the difference!

We're planning to do first Intralipid infusion early May and then start TTC naturally - apparently it covers us for 3 months TTC and then IVIG Infusion at first BFP (assuming we get one).

How long have you been with him? I see you had BFP in Jan (CONGRATS!) was it your first time using his protocol and did you do IVIG and/or intralipids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks precious yep have been taking coq10 for over a year and magnesium also.. Dr G has said we can do 3 clomid cycles before moving to Ivf again... At this stage though I am really thinking I don't want to do Ivf again. It doesn't really give us more chance since we only got one good pgd embryo last time.. But then there is the issue that day 3 testing does not give 100% results so there is the chance that we threw away 5 good embryos last time. We are onto doc number 2 so not willing to change clinics.. Really don't know what to do.... Acupuncturist seems to think that my pulse changes to a preg type pulse after ovulation which he thinks the sperm is meeting egg and my blood flow is the issue.. But then the only time I got preg was my first Ivf which ended in a chemical..

I am just really over all these drugs and the way they make me feel and sometimes I guess enough is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Nattie I'm so sorry. Hang in there. Your determination will get you there.

Hi seaside girl welcome . We sound a bit the same. The only thing we are really adding in next cycle is intralipids. Lets hope it's the key to our success.

Hi everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask though what is the go with dhea eg how long do u take it for etc?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nattie, DHEA supposed to help with egg quality and best to take foe least 3mths before a ivf cycle. I took it for 6wks before I did my cycle so not sure what made diff for us this time. No doubt combo of everything.

hi Seaside, i take my metformin with brekkie and then lunch or dinner. It took 7yrs for the bad tum from it to stop. Is that why you take it at night? I will keep taking it through preg and prob for rest of my life even though no longer PCOS symptomatic. Too scared to stop.

This was first cycle with Dr M. Also first cycle we had fresh wiggles for ICSI so that must have made a diff. All the Drs said frozen tese sperm just as good but after 4 failed ICSI cycles i had my doubts.

I did intralipids before egg collection and then another on bfp but since tested for extremely high antiphospholid antibodies so switched to ivig. Seems my body is hyper reactive to "foreign cells" of which unfort it thinks baby is! I'm 10wks and doing best to stay positive till 24wk mark when Dr said can breathe little easier. Saw your sig and looks like same issue for you with - can't imagine what all those miscarriages must do to you maybe intralipid or ivig will make the difference for you fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @francesthecat sorry I missed your msg yesterday, the longest I have stimmed for is 14 days, pretty much a regular occurrence for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cheifs,

Thank you for that, it will be 14 days of stimms if I have EPU on Wednesday. So it's bout 3 days longer than other cycles.
    I'm just over thinking everything, and are getting worried bout complications and the many things that can go wrong.
    But this time I'm on pregnal boosters so that should keep AF at bay.

On wards and up wards Im telling myself. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I did pregnyl shots last cycle and it def kept AF away, sucks not being able to poas early, but it let me relax as I didn't second guess any symptoms, just told myself it was the pregnyl, which it was!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear Nattie!

Just got back from holiday. Missing a lot of posts here. Will catch up.

Bertie: Oh...it sounds depressing about the success rate as i only have one FET cycle left. BT results ordered by Dr M were back when I was away. No idea what the numbers mean. All the CD markers seem to fall within the normal range except anti dsDNA. Does this mean i have lupus? I was tested positive for ANA previously. I dont know what is the difference between anti DNA and anti dsDNA. The former was tested normal by my FS.