Closed Thread
Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hey dex ladies! have taken dex 3 times now for 2 weeks each time - first time I took it, it felt the strongest.. I took it 0.5mg 7am, 9am and 12pm noon. That made me feel crazy and jittery but sleep was kind of ok but often woke at 3am.

The next time I took it 2 x0.5mg with breakfast then the other 0.5mg at 10pm at night… oddly this helped and felt less taxing on me than the 3 doses in the morning… so I'm going to stick to that routine next time… maybe it's just that everyone's different re their adrenals?

I hate it, I put on 3 kgs each time I take it and then can't lose it for over a month… make sure you supplement with magnesium and eat potassium rich foods too as well as your high folic acid doses and calcium - these steroids can cause cleft palate in the baby and I have googled and found that a deficiency in magnesium and potassium and folic acid can cause cleft palate, so the deficiency dex causes could be related?

I take folic acid all through pregnancy too as it aids with the health of the placenta - taking folic and a multi help prevent placental abruption, dying off in 3rd trimester etc - esp important when you're older, like over 35 and especially around and over 40. I think eating protein is very important for this too...

All the best with your cycles - could you all let me know your uterine NK levels per mm2 (mine is 30mm2 - NK57) and your dex dose? I'm to be on 2mg at BFP, 1.5mg prior from day 1. Interested to know what everyone else is up to and why?
    hi precious, I didn't really get specific NK numbers from Dr M. He just said I had moderate imbalance b/w Tregs and NKs. Looking at my bloods that are out of range, it says: CD19 0.6 absolute count and HLa-DR 0.75.

from that he put me on 1.5mg Dex for cycle and then once got BFp, increase to 2mg per day till 9wks. Then switch to 25mg of Pred at 9wks. Just made the switch and its doing crazy things to my nerves. I'm all fidgety and twitchy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Huge relief, clinic called back and told me of a chemist that has supplied it to others, why they couldn't have told me that a cpl of days ago I don't know! Maybe they just didn't realise how hard it is to find somewhere who will get it in for you!

Nattie, are you taking melatonin? I can't remember if I asked ÿou that, apparently that helps with sleep.
    No not taking melatonin..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You might want to ask your FS or gp if they can give you a script for it so you can get it ASAP. Apparently it's amazing for helping you sleep when on dex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    You might want to ask your FS or gp if they can give you a script for it so you can get it ASAP. Apparently it's amazing for helping you sleep when on dex.
    Thanks for the tip!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isnt that mlatonin over the counter? I used to have sleep problem and i just got it at health food store.

Sorry ladies, havent been abe to keep up with the post. On holiday and i suppose to relax but just keep thinking about the biopsy etc. My cycle just doesnt match up with 2 of my business trips to sydney. I could just extend the trip either end but it looks like the right time for the nk cell biopsy has to slam in between so i have to make a special trip out there. @Chiefsgirl: ya, i called G last night (diff timezone), she said that she can order me a bed at the hospital. I told her that AF is not here yet so i can only guess a date. She just told me to call back after AF arrives and know the exact day. I hope it is on time this month so a friday biopsy woukd be good (meaning i only need to take a day leave rather than 2). Ya, we have $250 hospital excess so it is OK except we are planning to switch down premium to save us $250 a month but will be $500 excess so the net price is still $500 out of pocket. Anywhere, hospital stay is unavoidable as hubby cant come with me in early april. I dont want to bug my cousin in syd since i dont wanna do any explanation.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm actually sleeping ok now I guess my body just needed to get used to the meds. But omg since yesterday (10dpo) eating like a horse!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by nattie84; 13-03-2014 at 06:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all, thanks for your results, interesting! Kiwi76 did you not have elevated NK57 in the uterus? I thought dex was only for those ones, huh... interesting. Wow that prednisolone is making you twitchy etc... my Dad takes it sometimes and he goes nuts on it, same thing - is it worse than the dex??? What is your protocol now that you're on the pred? I mean when do you start weaning to get off it all, do you have to have bloods or something or do you already have a weaning protocol?

Re taking melatonin, as far as I know REAL melatonin is strictly script only in Australia unlike USA where you can just buy it over the counter... the melatonin here over counter is mostly homeopathic, not real stuff. I'd be careful mixing all these things up though.. esp if pregnant I don't think it would be a good idea to take it. Take magnesium powder instead, it really helps you sleep and is good for you.

Hope you're all well - ChiefsGirl, I remember sootymay had dilemmas about seizen or something, you could ask her if you have any problems with meds again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh how I hate this two week wait!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh nattie84 I know it's so hard, when is your bt date? Do you have any meditation tracks to listen to? I've downloaded some from iTunes, for specific times of the ivf journey, there is one specifically for the tww, something like that might help?

Are you at work? I found that and walks after work with DH helps me to calm down and pass the time.

Sending hugs to you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey nah no bt unless I get a pos hot cause I am just doing a clomid and dex cycle.. I am working but too tired for any exercise even a walk I need to start my meditation again! Good idea. I am 13dpo tomoz so waiting for sat to test but not feeling any symptoms except for extreme hunger which is prob the dex so not feeling hopeful