Closed Thread
Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @nattie84 are you taking it in the morning? I asked dr m about sleeplessness with the prednisolone (I know it's not as strong as dex) and he said to take it morning and mid-morning to help with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am taking it twice a day morning and night... So he said u can take it morning and mid morning?? Guess I shouldn't change now but it would have been nice for him to tell me that before...

I am really over doctors ATM they **** me right off..

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I had read on the earlier threads that some ladies had had trouble sleeping so we're splitting it like that. So when he told me that's what I needed to take I asked him about that side effect and that's what he said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been on Dex for almost 9wks (switch to pred tomorrow) but I had same thing - no sleep and eating like a horse. Switched to 2 tabs brekkie and 2 lunch and it's helped me go from 2hrs sleep to 4/5 which I'll take Still eating like a horse but oh well. There's no harm in switching when you take them now if it helps you cope better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey dex ladies! have taken dex 3 times now for 2 weeks each time - first time I took it, it felt the strongest.. I took it 0.5mg 7am, 9am and 12pm noon. That made me feel crazy and jittery but sleep was kind of ok but often woke at 3am.

The next time I took it 2 x0.5mg with breakfast then the other 0.5mg at 10pm at night… oddly this helped and felt less taxing on me than the 3 doses in the morning… so I'm going to stick to that routine next time… maybe it's just that everyone's different re their adrenals?

I hate it, I put on 3 kgs each time I take it and then can't lose it for over a month… make sure you supplement with magnesium and eat potassium rich foods too as well as your high folic acid doses and calcium - these steroids can cause cleft palate in the baby and I have googled and found that a deficiency in magnesium and potassium and folic acid can cause cleft palate, so the deficiency dex causes could be related?

I take folic acid all through pregnancy too as it aids with the health of the placenta - taking folic and a multi help prevent placental abruption, dying off in 3rd trimester etc - esp important when you're older, like over 35 and especially around and over 40. I think eating protein is very important for this too...

All the best with your cycles - could you all let me know your uterine NK levels per mm2 (mine is 30mm2 - NK57) and your dex dose? I'm to be on 2mg at BFP, 1.5mg prior from day 1. Interested to know what everyone else is up to and why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi Precious, I am on 0.5mg morning and night.. If I get a BFP the three times per day

NK Cells Biopsy: CD57 NK were 20mm2, T cells 12mm2 CD56 NK >500mm2, CD163 macrophages present 340mm
    Blood Tests: elevated NK cells (16.3% CD56) , low T cells

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there a different kind of folic acid? I just take the black mores pregnancy gold for folate. Dr m said that was fine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefs girl: i took generic folate (200mg) for yrs. My doctor back in th US said that it is good for women health in general. Then i switched to blackmore folic acid with iodine when TTC (500mg). Higher dose. Then switched to elevit a month before my first ivf cycle. 800mg folic acid. Even higher dose. I figure elevit has pretty much all i need in one pill. The only concern i have is the iron level in elevit. Too high for non pregnant women. It is poison if overdose. So i only take it every other day. On Non elevit day, i take Blackmore. They recommend folic acid 500mg for TTC 800mg for pregnant.

I am now a drug junkie. Lol. My FS wants me to take vit D (i have defiance), Vit E, fish oil, coq10 (high dose). I wish i was doing it before my cycle to make sure egg quality is in its best. No plan to do another fresh cycle. We need some time to think about the donor option. Still not yet comes to term with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know if they let you off with a taxi driver back to the hotel after the general?

Hubby is unlikely to accompany me to syd from perth. I might try to find out what is covered by the priv insurance to spend a night at the hospital. We are on top level but are planning to switch down soon due to now having medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hospital won't let you out to take a taxi, you'd need to have someone there. If you have top cover your excess wd prob be about the same as a hotel in Sydney!