Closed Thread
Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by timetoshine View Post
    Nattie, when trying naturally he said to me that he only starts from ovulation as there is only a 20%chance of falling preg each month whereas its a lot higher if you are using assisted reproduction. That's why we got told day 14-28 and then wean if bfn, otherwise we would possibly be on steroids for a really long time without being preg which is not that good for you
    Hi ladies, thanks so much for your personal experiences of when you start taking dex... to me this advice from Dr M is completely contradictory and just does not make sense - if you have ANY chance of getting pregnant, what's the difference if you are trying naturally or with IVF/IUI.. surely a 2 week difference of taking dex is highly significant (over 3 weeks is considered 'long term' use) and if it's ok not to take it from day 1 when trying naturally, then why do you need to take it from day 1 doing ivf??? Do you get what I'm saying? Surely it's about the environment of the uterus, so why is it not ONE protocol of when to start for everyone? So either, day 1-14 on dex is not essential or, if trying naturally, you are being put at a disadvantage only starting at day 14 ovulation. What the?!

I find this annoying because I took dex twice doing an ivf fresh cycle for 2 weeks each time and did not get a fertilised embryo to transfer, so effectively I took it for no good reason and it is unhealthy to take it... if it's ok for naturals to start at ovulation and wont impact implantation in a natural cycle starting then, WHY oh why did I take it when I didn't need to???

Confused about next cycle, whether to start it 1 week prior to transfer instead of day 1, it just doesn't make sense and I don't want to wreck my health with freaking steroids based on contradictory advice.

Has anyone started dex at ovulation and had a BFP, timetoshine were you natural or IVF, can't rememer??? Can you tell I hate steroids?

Great to read all your news girls, hope all goes well Kiwi, you are really having a tough time girl I really feel for you, it's just not fair, you're doing amazingly coping with it all I pray your little baby hangs in there... Pihu keep trying, it will happen!!! Hi to everyone else!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I'm not up-to-date on here, but just found this very interesting website on LIT and thought some of you may be interested in it

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/fo...topic=233469.0

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Gentay  (04-03-2014),PreciousHeart  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Precious heart I agree 100% very annoying!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (03-03-2014),PreciousHeart  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Precious heart I was natural. The reason for only starting then when trying naturally I believe is cause if you get a bfn you would try again next month and the next and the next, so you could be on steroids for a really long time without being pregnant plus once you finally are pregnant. I think one lady here was on them for 6 months cause her fs had her taking them the whole cycle? Whereas with ivf you don't cycle every month so you get a bit of a break that way. Having said that, we have always been lucky enough to fall pregnant first try so i probably could have taken it from the start of the cycle. our problem was making it stick. It is frustrating but we all have different issues and all using different ways of conceiving so makes sense the meds also vary xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks timetoshine! ok yes I can understand that, re being on it non stop like Pihu was a while ago... hope you're well!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to hear time to shine it gives us hope xo on a positive note I got a positive opk today and had a temp dip so I didn't ovulate early as I first thought yay starting dex and provera tomoz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck nattie! Hope this is the month for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck nattie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!! Let the two week crazies begin haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hi ladies, thanks so much for your personal experiences of when you start taking dex... to me this advice from Dr M is completely contradictory and just does not make sense - if you have ANY chance of getting pregnant, what's the difference if you are trying naturally or with IVF/IUI.. surely a 2 week difference of taking dex is highly significant (over 3 weeks is considered 'long term' use) and if it's ok not to take it from day 1 when trying naturally, then why do you need to take it from day 1 doing ivf??? Do you get what I'm saying? Surely it's about the environment of the uterus, so why is it not ONE protocol of when to start for everyone? So either, day 1-14 on dex is not essential or, if trying naturally, you are being put at a disadvantage only starting at day 14 ovulation. What the?!

I find this annoying because I took dex twice doing an ivf fresh cycle for 2 weeks each time and did not get a fertilised embryo to transfer, so effectively I took it for no good reason and it is unhealthy to take it... if it's ok for naturals to start at ovulation and wont impact implantation in a natural cycle starting then, WHY oh why did I take it when I didn't need to???

Confused about next cycle, whether to start it 1 week prior to transfer instead of day 1, it just doesn't make sense and I don't want to wreck my health with freaking steroids based on contradictory advice.

Has anyone started dex at ovulation and had a BFP, timetoshine were you natural or IVF, can't rememer??? Can you tell I hate steroids?

Great to read all your news girls, hope all goes well Kiwi, you are really having a tough time girl I really feel for you, it's just not fair, you're doing amazingly coping with it all I pray your little baby hangs in there... Pihu keep trying, it will happen!!! Hi to everyone else!!!
    Hi PreciousHeart
    If you are trying naturally and managing to get implantation than you need the steroids to prevent u miscarrying. If you are doing ivf you need the Dex earlier because you cannot achieve implantation at all. There is also a bit in Beers book about the differences between women who never get implantation and women who consistently miscarry. Dr M must believe either from your history or results that u can achieve implantation. I have seen other Dr M patients try naturally and get pregnant and then only try the drugs. We are all very different and need very individualised protocols

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

nattie84  (03-03-2014),Pihu  (03-03-2014)