Page 74 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This clomid cycle didn't give me positive result 😭😭😭😞😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Can those of you who have had IVIg be able to tell me what It was treating? also anyone got antiphospholid antibodies? And did you get any side effects from The ivig? I'm worried that it is a blood product. In HK its also $3200 ouch!!!
    Hi Kiwi, I had intralipids (not IVIG) but their action is similar in having an anti-inflammatory effect on the immune system. I'm not certain how IVIG helps with APAs, everything I've read indicates that APAs are treated by blood thinners, which you're already on. You might have better luck getting Dr M's answer by email. I'll PM the address to you.

Pihu- very sorry the first clomid cycle hasn't worked. Fingers crossed for next month!

Hi to everyone else and sorry I've been MIA. Everything is fine, just super busy. I'll be back to catch up properly soon xo

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

kiwi76  (01-03-2014),Pihu  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post

Yes on 40mg daily Clexane plus now added a baby aspirin. Still on Dex 2mg till wk9 then switch to Predict 25mg, 2 x 400mg prog till who knows when.

Ive been researching APAs and literature is mixed about whether ivig helps or not. Seems common treatment is the Clexane aspirin and steroids. Don't know if Hk RI is scaremongering me or not but he said if i don't do ivig urgently i have 90% chance of losing baby.

Waiting for Dr M to give me a time to discuss. Doing my best to be logical and calm but boy it's tough. I'm in southern china - not great with all these complications.

Thanks everyone for making sure i don't feel alone in this. DH away and he is livid about cost and scaremongering so not very helpful.

Hi Kiwi, I have looked into IVIG too but only done intralipids so far. IVIG was originally used for natural killer cells but has since been used very effectively for APA. Either way IVIG is stronger than intralipids and to do it in Sydney it would still costs $2,300 for 15mg or $3,200 for 20mg with Dr M and then airfares on top. Either way I would go with what Dr M recommends as he won't push you towards it unless he really thinks you need. Good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

kiwi76  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Anyone else taking dex? And when in their cycle did the doc prescribe? Mine was prescribed from cd14 but I am worried if I ovulate earlier should I take it earlier?
    i asked about Dex for my next cycle and Dr M said to take it 2 weeks before hand to build up in your system but I am planing an ivf cycle and not a natural cycle where it's a given you have a fertilised embryo. For iui he also recommends 2 weeks before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Strange... He prescribed it for me for my first clomid cycle from day 14-28...
    Last edited by nattie84; 28-02-2014 at 19:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie, when trying naturally he said to me that he only starts from ovulation as there is only a 20%chance of falling preg each month whereas its a lot higher if you are using assisted reproduction. That's why we got told day 14-28 and then wean if bfn, otherwise we would possibly be on steroids for a really long time without being preg which is not that good for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by timetoshine View Post
    Nattie, when trying naturally he said to me that he only starts from ovulation as there is only a 20%chance of falling preg each month whereas its a lot higher if you are using assisted reproduction. That's why we got told day 14-28 and then wean if bfn, otherwise we would possibly be on steroids for a really long time without being preg which is not that good for you
    Ok thanks.... Now I have another question lol I am going crazy... So I am cd12 today and still no pos opk so started taking my temp yesterday.... Temp went up slightly today (.1) but really hard to know cause the clomid is giving me night sweats so I have two options... 1) assume I ovulated yesterday and start the dex and provera 2) assume I haven't ovulated and wait for ovulation. Aah I don't know what to do and don't want this cycle to be a waste. Can anyone help me out? I might also add that I have never ovulated earlier than cd15 even on injectables with Ivf so highly unlikely I have ovulated?
    Last edited by nattie84; 01-03-2014 at 13:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a similar thing happen, my opk was dark but not quite as dark as the control at cd 13, so I started taking the Pred, then I got an actual positive opk on cd17. I would say a couple of days early doesn't really matter with the dex but not sure about the provera as I didn't take that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It depends on when you took the clomid to when it is more likely to make ovulation occur. ie. I used to take it CD5-9 and would ovulate on CD18 (the guide said that I would ovulate between CD12-18 but mine was still at the latter stage. I used OPKs to detect the surge too.

I don't know about the extra drugs but I know with some things if they are taken too early can hamper ovulation. Hopefully one of the other ladies know more about when it is fine to take the other things you're on.

When I took clexane I took it from ovulation, but managed to not need steroids and other things so not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies... I took the clomid from day 2-6... I think I will ask the doc for blood tests next month cause this is ridiculous... I am currently cd12 I don't think I have ovulated but who would know those opks aren't the best predictors and u can't really rely on temps either if the clomid is making me hot and cold lol