Closed Thread
Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck sooty if you decided to test today. I hope you have good news to share!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Sooty if you decided to test today. I so hope you have good news to share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry double post. Phone playing up it seems!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Just a quick question for those that I have been on Dex. I have been on it now for 2 weeks and I have been feeling really tired, nauseous and have had digestive issues/heartburn. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so did it subsided? I am due for my embryo transfer on Monday but I"m feeling so awful I'm considering weaning off. I have never had any troubles with Prednisolone on previous cycles but this time Dr M has put me on Dex which is apparently slightly stronger. I'm also taking Estradot patches, progynova and clexane. I have taken these previously so don't think they are the issue. Unfortunately my FS doesn't believe in immune therapy so he would not offer any advice on this when I saw him this morning. Left it up to me!

Sooty I remember you were wired, did that subside after a few weeks? I'm hoping to start feeling better soon as it's hard enough going into a cycle let alone feeling nauseous all the time. Anyone had any experience like this before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PreciousHeart- Its great that your friend has made it to 12 weeks, I too hope everything will be OK. By the time she could get an appointment with Dr M to even request the bloods, she would be 16wks+. All of the women I know with immune issues had their losses very early and always in the first trimester.

Libelle- sounds like the spotting could have been implantation bleeding, the timing is right as the implantation window is 6-12 dpo. I hope you're not going too insane waiting for Thursday to come around. Lots of sticky vibes to you!

Helen- your news is so exciting! Cannot wait for your SA cycle to begin and for #2 to finally be on his/her way

Sooty- welcome home! Hope you can transition back to local time without too much fatigue. Waiting very anxiously for news of your BT results...

Soclose- has AF turned up yet?

Abundance- I had the opposite experience with dex. I was constantly hungry and had great energy levels. I have had nausea when on estrogen therapy though, so perhaps the patches and the progynova are the culprits? I hope you feel better soon.

Hi everyone else

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Libelle - so glad the spotting has stopped - I think that sounds like a good positive spin to put on it too Thinking of you over the next week... it's so hard isnt it.

Abundance - I didn't feel nauseous at all... I feel for you - that would be difficult... but if you can, try and stay on it. Are you taking it on a full stomach and spacing your doses? I space mine, as my theroy is, its better for the body and been in the system in more controlled doses. The full on wired feeling has pretty much been in stages. 1st week, wired & moody - quite foul really (even the cats & dogs got evil looks) 2nd week, wired to the hilt, , waking up at 2am ish & wide awake - had to get up, endless energy and on a real high (not like a druggy high.. just a weird high feeling), 2nd/3rd week - still waking up at 12, 2, 3, then 4.30am.... was possibly the time difference too though.

I also ate like a horse the first 3 weeks - Like huge amounts.. DH has never seen anything like it... I've settled down a bit now with the eating and with the "wired/high" feeling, though DH says its still there and reckons I'm off with the fairies 1/2 the time. One of the girls said it can take a month to settle back down... so if you go by the last 3 weeks, it is getting better - thank goodness. But I must admit, even though we had the most fabulous time.... been like that on holiday didn't mean I ever really relaxed and got "in the moment" with alot of the things we did... a shame.. but hopefully it will pay off - and one day we can go back, med free for a holiday !

AFM - I had my blood test this morning.... now I'm waiting for the call. And of course, I'm feeling AF cramps now... or not ?!

Will let you all know when I can. Its ALMOST like waiting for a job interview phone call - yes / no ? Heart pounding, waiting waiting.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (25-11-2013),SimpsonDesert  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance - sorry to hear you are feeling so sick… I have just weaned off 1.5mg per day of Dex as my transfer was cancelled - I was on it for 3 weeks then weaned off over 8 days.. I never really felt nauseous from it, just really manic, like I was on speed, jittery, hungry, snappy, talking at 100 miles an hour and then when I weaned I got a bit depressed, crying at things in the evenings and tired for a few days. It could be the concoction of stuff you are on - I do find the IVF drugs are nasty, especially the more you take them I think - this last cycle I put on 3kgs and was bloated in 2 weeks I looked bloody pregnant, I got asked twice if I was!!! Grrr… so I'd blame the other meds myself but maybe go to your GP to ask as you need a professional opinion. I think once you're off the stims you will feel better but make sure you're not allergic to dex etc??? It is a very powerful drug, can't say I miss it!!! I did feel a bit heartburny in the first few days and cause I have stomach ulcer kind of issues sometimes I made sure I ate a lot of food with each tablet. Make sure you do that as it is REALLY harsh on your stomach. Are you eating a substantial amount of food with each pill? Hope that helps?

Sooty - waiting eagerly for your news!!! hold off on those pee sticks, I spent about $50 bucks last time on those damn things and it was either the trigger or a chemical who knows but it wasn't worth the 50 bucks and all the squinting that's for sure!

Soclose - how're you tracking, how long have you been waiting now??

Helenmac - all the best with prepping for your SA trip, so exciting for you!

Libelle - hope al is well with you and no more scares!

Simpson Desert - thanks so much for that info, it makes me feel heaps better, I'll let her know!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you today sootymay!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a negative for me. Thanks for all your support.
    Meltdown hasn't come yet... watch this space.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty I am so sorry to hear your news. I've been there so many times and know there are no words of comfort that will truly help. I'm sorry but I can't remember if you had any frosties? Big big hugs for you today xxxx

Abundance I haven't had the dex yet but I was thinking the same thing ie; making sure you had food in your tummy. Hope it subsides soon. I think I would definitely stay on it.

High SD and PreciousHeart thanks for asking about me.

I had baseline bloods and they are very menopausal . No AF coming for me at the moment! I'm stressing this afternoon about which doctor deals with this - my FS or Dr M?? I was meant to ring G on day one so she could schedule my biopsy but AF won't come without meds but my FS doesnt know about the biopsy with Dr M so I can't really get him to do it I dont think! I'm not used to having two doctors. I think I'm going to have to tell my regular fs what Dr M is doing. I'm waiting for G to call me back. I sent her an email of my blood results. I'm hoping Dr M can help so I don't have to bring my fs into it just yet! These things stress me to no end. I should be used to it by now lol.

Big hi to everyone.