Closed Thread
Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi F, Dr M told me that it only takes a few days to work but prob want to have it ideally 7-10 days before ET. You can prob have it further out but I'm not sure what the cutoff is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather View Post
    Hi all,
    Here's a question for Dr M patients. We need to travel to Sydney for intrallipid from my home state, before we head over to Sth Africa for donor egg IVF. But in the weeks preceding our departure I have work commitments which make it impossible to get there for a weekend transfusion, other than a month out. Alternatively, I have asked to have Intrallip upon arrival in Cape Town, which would essentially be 7 days before transfer. Will this be enough in advance? Thoughts/ advice much appreciated please.
    7 days before transfer is fine but if you really beg them I am sure Dr M and G could accommodate u doing intralipids on a week day. I discovered I was pregnant and did them on a Tuesday but it was a once off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by timetoshine View Post
    Pihu, dr m would've tested you for it, it's one of the standard things he looks for.

My level is 1:1280 and I had previously tried aspirin and progesterone with a view to starting clexane at 5-6 weeks but this did not work for me, I had a chem. dr m had me on clexane, pred from ovulation then progesterone at much higher level than my fs was willing to prescribe from bfp. Also intralipids from bfp, but he also found extra problems than just the high ana that my ob and fs found
    Thanks TTS...I missed ur reply...you guys are too good & half doctors now..thanks so much to help me out 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, I had my apt with dr m this afternoon. I have Ana of 1:160 and elevated nk cells in both blood and uterus. He said they were just slightly elevated but didn't give me the ratio (I asked for the number but he just said that he didn't do a single number it was a ratio with T cell results).

So, I'm on
    -20mg prednisone 3 weeks before transfer upped to 25mg after transfer
    -intrapallids 7-10 days before transfer
    -doxycycline from 5 days before transfer
    - clexane after egg collection but not on transfer day
    -progesterone from transfer. He said to take in addition to what my FS gives me. He doesn't care if it's crinone, pessaries or pregnyl, so I'm thinking I might do pregnyl and his pessaries? Otherwise I don't know how to work out the pessaries and work!
    -Stop dhea after egg collection

I have never done pessaries before ( only crinone and pregnyl) so sorry for the questions, but how do you use them? With the crinone you use an applicator to put the cream up there, but with it seems it's not like that with pessaries as you have to lay down for half an hr afterwards? Do you then take it out? He also didn't say how much to take or when, but the script says 400mg as directed. I'm assuming that wd be 400mg morn and night? That's why I thought if I asked FS for pregnyl then I wouldn't be trying to put so much up there?

I got out dr beers book, so it seems I have cat 3 and cat 5 issues but they aren't at the more serious end? Is that right? He seemed very calm about it all. Said it was probably 50:50 with immune/nk and egg quality issues. He didn't suggest trying naturally so it's back on ivf for me!

Sorry for the essay, I just don't know what to think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl: i cant answer all your questions. Pessaries are messy. You just insert them like a tampon without the applicator. Your body heat supposes to melt it and absorb it slowly. Then you lie down for half an hour (i found an hr is the best). Even so when u go peeing, most of them come out as small chunks. If you poo soon after, you potentially can push the whole thing out, which you might wonder if you absorb at all and need another one in. There are oily so I would put a light pad or pretty messy on the undie. The ones i got from the syd clinic seemed easier to absorb. I got new ones from Perth and the outer layer of wax seems thicker which i didnt seem to absorb them as easy.

By the way, who did your NK cell biopsy? What day did u do it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bbhope. I thought that is what it would be. It's difficult timing wise for me as I go to the gym every morning around or 6am depending on the class or pt session I have and some mornings don't get home till 7am. I have to leave for work at 730 so laying down for half an hr or more is difficult!

Dr m did my biopsy on cd23. I think he likes to do it as his lab results are done differently. Ie the nk results aren't a number it's done as a ratio with the T cell results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefs girl, I used to set my alarm for an hour early, put the pessaries in go back to bed. It meant broken sleep but was the best way for me. I did 400mg morning and night and then had to increase to 3 times a day after some bleeding. It was hard with work etc! Good luck for your next cycle, I'm glad dr m found something, you will be on your way to bfp soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and you don't take them out, they just kinda dissolve and come out but by bit :-/ hence the panty liners suggested by pp

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies - thanks for the advice regarding the window for Intralipid.
    i don't live in Sydney, it's a massive trip to get there, the weekends before we leave for our cycle are busy with not-negotiable work commitments ...... but travelling to South Africa is such a large investment I feel it is essential to lay the foundation. Hmmmm. The catch is the Cape Town can only do the transfusion 6 days prior to the scheduled transfer, on the day after we arrive.
    Thanks again for your help....will keep pondering this one. Cheers, F

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefgirl: did u also go under with lap done? Is it easy to book in with Dr M for the biopsy? I mean after the start of the period then make an appt. Sometime you just don't know next cycle in advance especially people like me have to fly in and fly out of Sydney.