Closed Thread
Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope, dr m told me any ana 1:320 or over is a concern

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nattie: thanks for posting your story. Best of luck this/next month!

kiwi: how is the bub doing?

timetoshine: thanks for the reply. I read that above 1:40 is significant. Mine is 1:80. I'll see what Dr. M says during my appt. As you said that he is only concerned if it is above 1:320.

AFM, I was rather sad to find out that i am tested positive for ANA. It is so weird that I have this "gut feeling" all along. Out of the blue, I went in few days earlier to test my HCG and found out that I miscarried. I just had the gut feeling that the problem is me not the embryo. So positive ANA isn't a surprise but now beating myself up for it. What's the chance?!? Only 5% in the whole population has ANA positive.......hubby is so unlucky to be the 1%. All FS think I am "normal" all along and had been focused on DH issue. I feel like it is all me to blame for wasting DH precious sperms. It seems like it will be another week to waste at work as I'll be too sad and can't wait for Dr. M appt at the end of the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Hi ladies, i have been reading your posts but cant really do personal on my phone.

Quick question, if you tested positive for ANA, how high is high from Dr M standard? That's when he will start concerning about it. Thanks. Xx
    hi bbhope,
    i am also a Dr M patient and my ANA's are 1/640 so very high. Dr M told me from 1/80 is significant especially for miscarriage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Good morning lovelies! Does anyone know what the difference between pred and dex? Ie reasons for prescribing one over the other.
    Been ages since I have been on but actually asked Dr M this one a couple of weeks ago. Apparently most people will respond to prednisolone but some won't and he can tell from the results of the uterine NK biopsies whether you will.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

nattie84  (17-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB, I don't know the level Dr M starts treating but would have thought it wouldn't hurt to put you on steroids and clexane next time anyway and intralipids ...most of these immune issues seem to be dealt with a combo of these and your gut instinct is probably right.

i had my intralipids in HK last week and after 3 painful goes with the cannula, Dr finally got one in! I knew it was going to be painful as the Dr can barely stand up but I'm grateful to be able to get it done 2hrs from "home" vs 10 hours.

Also had first OB appt. Asked him about spotting and irritation and he said prob just prog pessaries and nothing we could do about it. He didn't do an exam or swab though so not sure if they just do things differently in HK or not. The highlight was first scan! Saw the dot that is our baby! No heartbeat yet but back on Fri to see if we get one. Scan showed no ectopic for which I'm grateful and no twins which was sad but again grateful to still have one. Maybe the spotting was from the twin. Also did another hcg and it came back 4268 so has def doubled.

Now I'm just trying not to panic every time I see blood down there and still being boring resting up. Im still waking at 4am so trying to catch up when i can. Poor DH struggling a bit with me being less active etc but small price to pay.

BB - when did you start realizing something was going wrong? I'm just so sad for you but you can't blame yourself for not knowing about the ANAs. This whole process is a step by step and unfort seems most of us don't get the right advice and help the first time up. So thankful for this thread as don't feel so blind! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ouch Kiwi! I had the same thing! two jabs in one hand and then the other, ouch!

Can anyone help shed some light on clexane? Dr M has prescribed this for me if I get a BFP. The nurse at Hurstville thought it was strange that I wasn't prescribed it before that. LOL so sick of everyone thinking they know everything and stressing me out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is ANAs girls ????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie I didn't start on clexane until after my BFP - I think I was about 5 weeks along at the time. I had been on pred since day 2 of the cycle which held my immune system in check, and aspirin was added after transfer to aid implantation. I'm now 33 weeks and still on both aspirin and clexane to ensure a healthy placenta and decrease my risk of developing a clot.

Pihu - ANA stands for AntiNuclear Antibodies. To put it very basically, these antibodies can get the wrong message from the immune system and attack things they shouldn't - like an implanting embryo, simply because it's recognised as foreign.

Having an elevated level of these antibodies usually indicated an underlying autoimmune issue - these can be anything from a range of blood clotting disorders, to things like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (17-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Nattie I didn't start on clexane until after my BFP - I think I was about 5 weeks along at the time. I had been on pred since day 2 of the cycle which held my immune system in check, and aspirin was added after transfer to aid implantation. I'm now 33 weeks and still on both aspirin and clexane to ensure a healthy placenta and decrease my risk of developing a clot.

Pihu - ANA stands for AntiNuclear Antibodies. To put it very basically, these antibodies can get the wrong message from the immune system and attack things they shouldn't - like an implanting embryo, simply because it's recognised as foreign.

Having an elevated level of these antibodies usually indicated an underlying autoimmune issue - these can be anything from a range of blood clotting disorders, to things like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
    Thanks arlais for explaining to me. Do we need to do any particular test for this ?? I don't know wether dr. M did check this on me? 😴

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pihu View Post
    Thanks arlais for explaining to me. Do we need to do any particular test for this ?? I don't know wether dr. M did check this on me? ������
    I'm not a Dr M patient, so I don't know if it's a standard test he does or not. It was just a blood test my FS ordered during my assessment cycle before going through IVF. Later on my OB sent me for another blood test to determine why my levels were so elevated - that's how I came to find out I have a blood clotting disorder (Prothrombin Gene Mutation).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (17-02-2014)