Closed Thread
Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Thank you so much everyone for the wonderful wishes! I wish everyone gets to feel like this one day soon! I've spent the day grinning like a Cheshire Cat DH due home from trip soon so that will be great to celebrate together.

Keep reminding myself its just the first hurdle and brace for bad news - but for now its amazing! Told too many friends/fam already who've known about ivf struggle and no doubt most will think too early but heck after everything we all go through I'll cherish any little bit of good news!

Clinic refuses to bring bloods forward so Thu it is. I just keep touching my belly and telling my embies to keep growing and digging in! No nausea today so hope that's not a bad sign....

In my already jumping the gun state, Got response from G already too on protocol but having probs scheduling next intralipids as they say no weekday appts. Has anyone ever had it done during wk? If they can't ft me in I'll have to try in Hong Kong - least will save on stress and cost of travel.

Also Dr M says to increase Dex to 4 tabs a day for 9 weeks before switching to Pred. Anyone else done that? Do we need to worry about steroids and baby?
    Hi Kiwi, I am a dr M patient too and after a surprise pregnancy I managed to get intralipids done on a Wednesday but had to go in the night before on Tuesday as this was when they said u had to stay the night for the health fund to cover it. Just keep calling Gwyneath and tell her you will do any time that ur desperate and hopefully she will be able to work it out.

also I would ask for a script for progesterone pessaries, most Dr M patients take these instead of crionone and they do not irate the cervix, I hated the crionone. The pessaries are stronger to but the downside is they are expensive and take about 2 days to be made up. If u want to stay on the crinone try not to put it as far up as the irritation is from the crionone and your cervix.
    congratulations on your positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,
    I,m sorry I haven't been on the Forum since quite a while. Last time I think, was when I pronounced my pregnancy.
    Anyway, I lost it with about 8 weeks, which was very very sad.

Now I'm thinking about Egg Donor.
    Would anyone of you ever heard about IVF miracle baby clinic in Bangkok, Thailand?
    The website is really well set up, but I'm not sure if I still can trust it or not.
    I know most of you go to SA, but would anyone have heard about the Thailand one?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Thanks LF. How exciting to be in your last trimester - your due date is day after my wedding anniversary so i'll be thinking of you. What did you do differently b/w Ivf cycles and getting preg naturally? And when did you start to feel all was going to be ok?
    Great second HCG result Kiwi, you are definitely UTD

I switched clinics after my third unsuccessful PGD cycle. We'd transfer beautiful hatching blasts that were chromasomally (sp?) normal and get a chem or BFN. So I switched clinics and FS and did a course of Androderm (testosterone) patches to improve egg quality while waiting for my Day 1. Also started Dex two weeks before my next anticipated Day 1, but of course I'd O'd, we'd DTD at the right time (just in case) and two weeks on Dex was enough to stymy those nasty NKC, get implantation and a BFP.

I had scans at 6, 9, 12, 20 and 28 weeks. One more to go at 32 weeks. These were great for reassurance, but even now it's still hard to believe that it might happen for us after 4 years TTC / 3 years assisted. A Doppler was great for us to have at home, I definitely recommend one. You can use it from 10-12 weeks to hear the HB at home before you feel movement. I tried to limit it to once every 2days as it can get addictive

Keep us posted on how you go with Dr M and the HK doctors.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LiteFantastic For This Useful Post:

kiwi76  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good morning lovelies! Does anyone know what the difference between pred and dex? Ie reasons for prescribing one over the other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Good morning lovelies! Does anyone know what the difference between pred and dex? Ie reasons for prescribing one over the other.
    I think dex is stronger than pred. Not sure though??

7. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

nattie84  (12-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by StillHope View Post
    Hello Ladies,
    I,m sorry I haven't been on the Forum since quite a while. Last time I think, was when I pronounced my pregnancy.
    Anyway, I lost it with about 8 weeks, which was very very sad.

Now I'm thinking about Egg Donor.
    Would anyone of you ever heard about IVF miracle baby clinic in Bangkok, Thailand?
    The website is really well set up, but I'm not sure if I still can trust it or not.
    I know most of you go to SA, but would anyone have heard about the Thailand one?

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Hi still hope. I'm not sure about overseas egg donation but maybe ask the girls in the egg donation South Africa thread. Someone there might be able to help you. Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

StillHope  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hi all, sorry have been MIA, am looking for a donor so that has been taking up all my free time lately!

HelenMAC - huge congratulations!!! so sorry to just read that you lost one twin I really do think that your second twin is going to thrive, try not to stress too much (impossible I know) the doppler is a great idea!

timetoshine - Congratulations on the birth of your son!!!! so very very happy for you!

Kiwi - congratulations on your BFP!!!! re the dex please make sure that you talk to Dr M about it and your weaning protocol, don't go by what any of us have done, it's individual for everyone... with the insomnia, I haven't been on 4 dex yet as haven't got to bfp, but the second time I took it, I took 2x0.5mg @ 7am and 1x0.5mg @10pm, I found this really made a difference with the sleep issues, don't take it all in the morning I reckon, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening... also I took them together rather than separate doses... the first time I took it I took 1 at 7am, 1 at 9am and 1 at 12pm lunch and the craziness from it was worse... anyway up to you, just my experience!

Hello to everyone else, I've been reading along when I can

Can anyone remember a case of girls starting dex when they got BFP rather than during TWW??? just wondering, thought I remembered that being mentioned a while ago?

Hope you're all well!
    So nice to hear from you! Are you searching for you ed local overseas? Known or anonymous? Its such an emotional journey but well worth it! I'm so glad I moved to donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA I just don't get on the forums much these days and I've been finding it hard to talk about my pregnancy. Still in denial and disbelief! Unfortunately we lost one twin at 9 weeks six days but the other baby measured 10 weeks 4 days (when I was 10 weeks 2 days) so it's thriving and growing really well.
    I've come to terms with the loss but now terrified about the other one! I've hired a Doppler so hopefully that will ease my mind somewhat. I have another scan next week and then the following week my 12 weeks scan then I can finally relax a bit.
    I've been wondering how you are. I'm so sorry you lost one twin. I hope your scan goes well and your little baby is snuggling in xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, hope you all r doing well ☺️

Can anyone plz advise me about too much of hair-fall after stopping predinisolone? Will I get my hair back like before or pred damaged it permanently? 😔

Take care everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pihu View Post
    Hi all, hope you all r doing well ☺️

Can anyone plz advise me about too much of hair-fall after stopping predinisolone? Will I get my hair back like before or pred damaged it permanently? 😔

Take care everyone
    Hi Pihu. I stopped taking pred last October and mine is only just getting better now. I think it also depends on your hair type. Mine is very fine but was so thick when on the pred. As soon as I stopped it I couldn't believe how much hair I Iost everyday. It's slowed down now but I believe mine is thinner than before. May be different for everyone though. I'm still losing more than before I started on the pred

15. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (12-02-2014)