Closed Thread
Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Sorry more questions:

- Dexamethasone now 4 tabs per day till week 9 then switching to 25mg of Prednisolone. What week do I start weaning off the prednisolone and how do I wean off?

- continue daily injection of one Clexane until what week?

- 400gm progesterone pessaries morning and night until what week?
    Hi Kiwi, great HCG result, very promising!!

Insomnia and insatiable appetite are the hallmarks of Dex, I would be awake at 4am so just worked my way through lots of trashy TV and worked on some photo books for our wedding and honeymoon! There's no cure for it that I found, just try to be productive!!

I switched to 35mg Pred after coming off Dex at 10 weeks? Was originally prescribed 30mg but I was worried this would not be strong enough? As Bella says weaning is really gradual, but finally coming off all Pred by 24 weeks. Literally by 5 mg per week, but with a plateau in there and some weeks at 2.5mg increments?

Progesterone - again gradually reducing, but off completely by 16 weeks.

Sorry, can't help with the inflammation downstairs, I used 400mg cocoa butter pessaries and not crinone.

Clexane - depends on your personal circumstance, do you have any clotting issues? Stay on your dose and ask your OB his/her opinion at your first appointment.

Congratulations again!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LiteFantastic For This Useful Post:

kiwi76  (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kiwi, definitely aim to get your intralipids in sooner rather than later. Dr M does them weekends only as far as I know. So go for Hong Kong if that's cheaper/easier.

Bummer the BTs are so expensive over there, Dr M is a big fan of regular BTs until about 10 weeks. I didn't need to redo my Chicago bloods after BFP but had my lymphocyte surface markers and Th1/Th2 cytokines tested in Australia at his request.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks LF for the info. I hopefully have a phone consult with Dr M tomorrow to get his instructions. They wouldn't book me in for a time till I paid online and the $ cleared.....still don't have a time yet. The HK BTs are like $2k!!! I actually went back to the Dr today to say I'd had a few of them already and could we just do the critical ones cos so exxy but he refused fiat out!

i am at least booked in for intralipids in HK on Tuesday so that's a relief.

I'm also off to china hospital tomorrow for bloods again so will check the other unpleasant stuff sorted. Imagine its due to the augmentin Dr M had me on so hopefully easy to fix.

Ah so the Dex is also to explain for the munchies. I'm just so hungry all the time! My DH seems to be experiencing early empathic symptoms as he keeps passing out exhausted each evening!

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA I just don't get on the forums much these days and I've been finding it hard to talk about my pregnancy. Still in denial and disbelief! Unfortunately we lost one twin at 9 weeks six days but the other baby measured 10 weeks 4 days (when I was 10 weeks 2 days) so it's thriving and growing really well.
    I've come to terms with the loss but now terrified about the other one! I've hired a Doppler so hopefully that will ease my mind somewhat. I have another scan next week and then the following week my 12 weeks scan then I can finally relax a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @helenmac I'm so sorry for the loss of one of your precious twins, but glad to hear that the other is doing well. I saw it mentioned on one of these threads that the twin you lost sacrificed itself so their twin could thrive and do well, I would think of it like that, the ultimate sacrifice from one twin to another. Hugs to you and your DH.

For the ladies who have taken dhea I have a question. I started taking it half way through my last cycle (jan). In counting the days, it looks like I could possibly start a long down cycle in March, which would mean an epu in middle April. Because of the long month of March, that would mean it would be the 4th lots of eggs since I started dhea. Do you think that would have given it enough time to have worked? Or should I wait till may? I know they say three full months, but do you think it wd have had enough of an effect by then?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, sorry have been MIA, am looking for a donor so that has been taking up all my free time lately!

HelenMAC - huge congratulations!!! so sorry to just read that you lost one twin I really do think that your second twin is going to thrive, try not to stress too much (impossible I know) the doppler is a great idea!

timetoshine - Congratulations on the birth of your son!!!! so very very happy for you!

Kiwi - congratulations on your BFP!!!! re the dex please make sure that you talk to Dr M about it and your weaning protocol, don't go by what any of us have done, it's individual for everyone... with the insomnia, I haven't been on 4 dex yet as haven't got to bfp, but the second time I took it, I took 2x0.5mg @ 7am and 1x0.5mg @10pm, I found this really made a difference with the sleep issues, don't take it all in the morning I reckon, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening... also I took them together rather than separate doses... the first time I took it I took 1 at 7am, 1 at 9am and 1 at 12pm lunch and the craziness from it was worse... anyway up to you, just my experience!

Hello to everyone else, I've been reading along when I can

Can anyone remember a case of girls starting dex when they got BFP rather than during TWW??? just wondering, thought I remembered that being mentioned a while ago?

Hope you're all well!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteFantastic View Post
    Oh Kiwi, definitely aim to get your intralipids in sooner rather than later. Dr M does them weekends only as far as I know. So go for Hong Kong if that's cheaper/easier.

Bummer the BTs are so expensive over there, Dr M is a big fan of regular BTs until about 10 weeks. I didn't need to redo my Chicago bloods after BFP but had my lymphocyte surface markers and Th1/Th2 cytokines tested in Australia at his request.
    Thanks LF. How exciting to be in your last trimester - your due date is day after my wedding anniversary so i'll be thinking of you. What did you do differently b/w Ivf cycles and getting preg naturally? And when did you start to feel all was going to be ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA I just don't get on the forums much these days and I've been finding it hard to talk about my pregnancy. Still in denial and disbelief! Unfortunately we lost one twin at 9 weeks six days but the other baby measured 10 weeks 4 days (when I was 10 weeks 2 days) so it's thriving and growing really well.
    I've come to terms with the loss but now terrified about the other one! I've hired a Doppler so hopefully that will ease my mind somewhat. I have another scan next week and then the following week my 12 weeks scan then I can finally relax a bit.
    Huge congrats HM and sorry for news on your twin but great news on the other! It sounds very strong so hopefully you can relax once you have 12wk scan but till then it sure is nerve-wrackung. When/how did you know you were having twins? And what is a Doppler?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CG and PH and all the other ladies. I got my 2nd beta yesterday and it was 838 so has doubled phew! I got some light red bleeding and cramping though and hoping its just from irritation from pessaries. Local Dr took swab but said couldn't tell as I'd just put pessaries in but no infection came up and maybe just reaction to prog but back on bed rest as caution. I'll be relieved to see Obgyn in HK on Tues, get intralipids done and speak to Dr M.....

CG - I started my DHEA 3 weeks before I started my FSH in this cycle. I have heard 3mths too but I bet it all helps and sounds like you will take it for long enough to make a difference. What dose you on?

PH - thanks for the timing tip. I am trying 2 with brekkie n 2 with lunch. Alas still wired and waking at 2am after 3hrs sleep. Can't be good for anyone so I'm hoping Dr M or Obgyn can help. Not sure about the Dex cases. I started mine before ER.

pS. I'm forum illiterate but how do you add the flashing BFP to your signature?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's great news kiwi!

To edit your signature go to user panel and then edit signature. I don't know how to do it on iPad app. Prob in settings, but those pics never come up for my using the app.