Closed Thread
Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella978 View Post
    My advice to those who are waiting to hear back from G, be persistent! I called daily until I got what I needed! You are paying good money for a service so don't feel bad about hassling them!

Also, with the email address be aware that it is manned by G and she does take it upon herself to reply on behalf of Dr M when sometimes it is quite obvious she hasn't spoken to him. It's good for chasing up appointments, results and scripts but for any medication or really important questions I'd be very careful (a few ladies have had issues that could have been dangerous if they hasn't been on top of it and so knowledgeable).
    Thank you Bella. This just confirms what I thought. Emails I am receiving are not consistent with emails sent earlier and instructions are confusing to say the least. I'm so confused I don't even know why I'm taking some meds or for how long etc because the emails are answered with very short and like I said quick replies that don't seem well thought through. This worries me a lot. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pihu View Post
    Hi nattie...if I'm not wrong than you have found around 20 mm NK cell in your biopsy right? I had some unbalanced T cells as well as had 40 mm NK cd 57 in my fist biopsy thn after one year it came back to normal 10. & dr. M prescribed me intralipd & clomid. Was just wondering that should I ask him about other medicines.

I also don't understand that is this NK level gets changed or once you have normal count than it won't increase.

Can someone plz explain me that.
    Yes my CD57 NK were 20mm2, T cells 12mm2 CD56 NK >500mm2. I am also on Dex I think for the NK cells? And Provera as I have progesterone issues.

YAY Just called G and she sent my forms for those additional tests for DQ Alpha and HLA similarities yesterday yay

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Yes my CD57 NK were 20mm2, T cells 12mm2 CD56 NK >500mm2. I am also on Dex I think for the NK cells? And Provera as I have progesterone issues.

YAY Just called G and she sent my forms for those additional tests for DQ Alpha and HLA similarities yesterday yay
    Thanks nattie...he didn't prescribed me DEX. Should ask him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pihu View Post
    Thanks nattie...he didn't prescribed me DEX. Should ask him?
    I am no doctor lol but I have read that treatment for NK cells is usally intrepallids and Dex or Predisone (sp?).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am no doctor lol but I have read that treatment for NK cells is usally intrepallids and Dex or Predisone (sp?).
    Heheh...no worries! Thanks ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Thanks SD. Going bit stir crazy and still not sleeping. yesterday was 4dp5dt and was wiped out and felt nauseous with some cramping. convinced myself it was implantation sign

What progesterone and dose did Dr M put you on? I'm on crinone till preg test - 2 applicators AM & PM - double what FS put me on. Then if BFP, I move to pessaries but no idea how many a day....or for how long.

and with the steroids and clexane when you got bfp did that change?

Dr M said if BFP to also shift to IVIg. It's way more exxy than intralipids so interested what your intralipid program was once you got your BFP?

it takes so long to get response from G I just wanted to suss out in advance what to do if we get miracle BFP next week.

thanks so much. Hope you and bump are doing well xo
    Hi Kiwi,

Gah, the symptom spotting does your head in doesn't it?! I hope they turn out to be great signs. All well with me & the bump thanks .

Dr M had me on 400mg pessaries AM and PM (so 800mg per day). I started in the TWW and continued until 13 weeks. At 13 weeks, it dropped to one per day. Then at 14 weeks I stopped. If you have any complications such as spotting or bleeding, he'll get you to increase to 3 or 4 per day.

My steroids went from 25mg to 30mg on FET day, then stayed on 30mg until 13 weeks when I was allowed to start weaning. No change to clexane dose, this is the medication you'll be on the longest. I'm still jabbing daily and have to continue until 30 weeks.

After BFP I had intralipids at 6w, 13w, 20w & 26w. Plus I had one 5 days before FET, so it was 5 infusions all up.

When you get your BFP, you'll need to ring Dr M with your HCG and Prog (P4) levels, and get them to book in your 6w infusion. He normally asks for weekly HCG & P4 results up until the 7w scan, I did the BTs with my clinic and called his office with results each time.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-01-2014),Pihu  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elarwood- have PM'd the email to you

Pihu- glad you're feeling better. Some other ladies weren't on dex either (only pred), but I too believe that any positive NK cells require at least one of the steroid treatments. Never hurts to double-check if you're worried. If you don't need any dex or pred, think yourself lucky! They have awful side effects.

Nattie- yay for getting the extra BT forms! Really surprising that Dr S didn't give you the NK biopsy upfront. I find that calling at or after 2pm is best, never seem to get through to G in the mornings.

Soclose- there is another lady Deb who sometimes handles Dr Ms emails too. I've been lucky and had good responses... its worrying that the busier they get, the sloppier they are becoming. Hope you get the medications sorted out soon.

Hi Bella

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    Hi Kiwi,

Gah, the symptom spotting does your head in doesn't it?! I hope they turn out to be great signs. All well with me & the bump thanks .

Dr M had me on 400mg pessaries AM and PM (so 800mg per day). I started in the TWW and continued until 13 weeks. At 13 weeks, it dropped to one per day. Then at 14 weeks I stopped. If you have any complications such as spotting or bleeding, he'll get you to increase to 3 or 4 per day.

My steroids went from 25mg to 30mg on FET day, then stayed on 30mg until 13 weeks when I was allowed to start weaning. No change to clexane dose, this is the medication you'll be on the longest. I'm still jabbing daily and have to continue until 30 weeks.

After BFP I had intralipids at 6w, 13w, 20w & 26w. Plus I had one 5 days before FET, so it was 5 infusions all up.

When you get your BFP, you'll need to ring Dr M with your HCG and Prog (P4) levels, and get them to book in your 6w infusion. He normally asks for weekly HCG & P4 results up until the 7w scan, I did the BTs with my clinic and called his office with results each time.
    Were you on Provera as well? Dr M has only prescribed me to use pessaries once I am pregnant which is strange as I know with IVF you use pessaries after egg collection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    Elarwood- have PM'd the email to you

Pihu- glad you're feeling better. Some other ladies weren't on dex either (only pred), but I too believe that any positive NK cells require at least one of the steroid treatments. Never hurts to double-check if you're worried. If you don't need any dex or pred, think yourself lucky! They have awful side effects.

Nattie- yay for getting the extra BT forms! Really surprising that Dr S didn't give you the NK biopsy upfront. I find that calling at or after 2pm is best, never seem to get through to G in the mornings.

Soclose- there is another lady Deb who sometimes handles Dr Ms emails too. I've been lucky and had good responses... its worrying that the busier they get, the sloppier they are becoming. Hope you get the medications sorted out soon.

Hi Bella
    Hi simpsondesert... Thanks ☺️. I know all those side effects. I was on pred for more thn year & still struggling side effects of stopping steroid. I don't know why he didn't give me any steroids may be bcu my level came back to normal. But I have read somewhere that it keeps changing. I don't know how it's works. That is also fact that I conceived twice before having steroid but after starting it didn't conceived once even IVF failure too..

I have my next appointment in feb so let's see what he says at that time. I'm going to take clomid in my coming cycle. You take care ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were you on Provera as well? Dr M has only prescribed me to use pessaries once I am pregnant which is strange as I know with IVF you use pessaries after egg collection.
    No Provera for me Nattie. Just pessaries from ovulation day onwards.

Pihu- oh silly me... of course you know the side effects, I remember now you were left on the steroids for all that time . Getting confused easily these days, sorry. You take care too xo

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (31-01-2014)