Closed Thread
Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a quick check in. Natties, Dr S didnt even let u test?

EmilyS, sorry to hear. I thought testing is the deal you have with them or else u move back to the previous clinic? It sounded like Dr M will deal with two perth ladies on the same day. Lol. If you want, you can try your luck with your GP to get some blood done. While my GP didnt say the most comfort word, she was willing to write me anything i requested so far (ha...after few yrs of searching, finally found someone easy going). My FS let me do a series BTs but i didnt see CD 57 and CD 58 on the list. I will wait on those with Dr M consult. Did u get your preg bt today to check hcg level?
    Last edited by bbhope; 30-01-2014 at 15:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - yes that was the deal! I spoke to the nurse after and she said that she could maybe book my in for the scratch on the day the other dr is in and he will do the NK biopsy then too. Yeah I think I will try my GP and just be forceful. Same day...we can have some discussions afterwards then! Yeah it came back at 11, they are now saying they dont think it was a pregnancy at all and it was just the HCG booster lingering. Hope you are having a good day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MrsEmily- grrr to your FS . Sadly that is a typical reaction and there are very few pro-immune FS' out there. My DH formed the opinion that they want us to fail so we keep coming back and lining their bank accounts . Yay for having Dr M lined up for Feb 20! Definitely give your GP a try in the meantime and yes, you'll have to be assertive.

Nattie- have PM'd you the email address.

Pihu- PM'd the email to you too. I hope you're feeling better today. Your bitterness about the last FS and the time wasted is totally valid. Once I found out my embryos never had a chance without immune treatment, I felt exactly like you do. Same as @MrsEmilyS , I would let myself have sad "pity party" days, and once it was out of my system I'd clear my head, get back in control and work on the next step.

bbhope- ah the initial fee has gone up, it was $250 when I started with Dr M. All this treatment is so expensive... we spent over 75K in the past 3 yrs. Fortunately we got about 30K back in rebates, but its still a huge amount out-of-pocket. The studies I read on endo scratching showed efficacy in the 2 cycles following the scratch. My friend who is doing IVF now had a scratch and was told it lasts 6 months, but I'm a bit dubious about that. I hope your session with counsellor goes well and that both you & DH can see some light ahead.

Kiwi- hope you're recovering well from the OHSS and you're not going totally mental in the TWW

Soclose- hope those meds get your AF back in order. So annoying when you want her to show and she goes MIA!

AFM- going in for my next (and hopefully last) intralipids this Sun. Anyone else going to be at Hurstville?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (30-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEmilyS View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Pihu - sorry you are feeling rubbish, I go through phases like that too. Then I just try and allow myself to be sad and try and give myself a time line to be sad ( a day or 2) then try and concentrate on the next step and be positive...as hard as that is.

So I went to see my FS in perth today. The nurse had told me he does test for NK cells. Anyway he has refused to test, he said that even if it shows up high he wouldnt treat me for it as the treatments are too dangerous. He reffered to stomach ulcers and some degeneration of hip so you cant walk. Have any of you ever heard of this before? I am sure its just a one of case or a problem for people with ulcers. He wouldnt run anymore tests either. I took a list of things I wanted testing for (which I was kindly helped out with by @SimpsonDesert ) but he wouldnt have it. It just seems like he is happy for me to keep plugging my money into the same old protocols, its very frustrating.

I have booked at appointment with Dr M for the 20th Feb so I am guessing I will have to wait until then to get tested, I was just hoping to get many of these things tested before I saw him to make it easier.
    Hi Emily ...I'm sorry to here about ur pain & thank you so much to give me courage to fight with immune problem. I hope everything goes well with you & get all your reports done before you see dr. M. I'm seeing him on 18 evening. I wish you all the best with your appointment & treatment. Big Hugh from me 😚☺️Take care!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pihu For This Useful Post:

MrsEmilyS  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    MrsEmily- grrr to your FS . Sadly that is a typical reaction and there are very few pro-immune FS' out there. My DH formed the opinion that they want us to fail so we keep coming back and lining their bank accounts . Yay for having Dr M lined up for Feb 20! Definitely give your GP a try in the meantime and yes, you'll have to be assertive.

Nattie- have PM'd you the email address.

Pihu- PM'd the email to you too. I hope you're feeling better today. Your bitterness about the last FS and the time wasted is totally valid. Once I found out my embryos never had a chance without immune treatment, I felt exactly like you do. Same as @MrsEmilyS , I would let myself have sad "pity party" days, and once it was out of my system I'd clear my head, get back in control and work on the next step.

bbhope- ah the initial fee has gone up, it was $250 when I started with Dr M. All this treatment is so expensive... we spent over 75K in the past 3 yrs. Fortunately we got about 30K back in rebates, but its still a huge amount out-of-pocket. The studies I read on endo scratching showed efficacy in the 2 cycles following the scratch. My friend who is doing IVF now had a scratch and was told it lasts 6 months, but I'm a bit dubious about that. I hope your session with counsellor goes well and that both you & DH can see some light ahead.

Kiwi- hope you're recovering well from the OHSS and you're not going totally mental in the TWW

Soclose- hope those meds get your AF back in order. So annoying when you want her to show and she goes MIA!

AFM- going in for my next (and hopefully last) intralipids this Sun. Anyone else going to be at Hurstville?
    Thanks SD.. I'm feeling bit better today.

Thanks everyone for your support 😚😊

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pihu For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SimpsonDesert could you also PM Dr M's email address please? I rang yesterday to book in LIT & G said she'd call back. Obviously haven't heard anything.

After being through 9 cycles this last few years, I finally went on meds as suggested by my FS wazza (he prescribed them). Before taking them I was a complete mess, crying constantly, couldn't get out of bed for days etc - very depressed all the timw. I didn't want to go on anti-depressants however I'm glad I have as I no longer cry everyday etc & they have helped to take the edge off the emotional roller coaster whilst TTC. I put it down to just another IVF med & a healthy mind will help with success. Thought I'd share with all, something to think about if you are finding it tough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My advice to those who are waiting to hear back from G, be persistent! I called daily until I got what I needed! You are paying good money for a service so don't feel bad about hassling them!

Also, with the email address be aware that it is manned by G and she does take it upon herself to reply on behalf of Dr M when sometimes it is quite obvious she hasn't spoken to him. It's good for chasing up appointments, results and scripts but for any medication or really important questions I'd be very careful (a few ladies have had issues that could have been dangerous if they hasn't been on top of it and so knowledgeable).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

soclose  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks SD. Going bit stir crazy and still not sleeping. yesterday was 4dp5dt and was wiped out and felt nauseous with some cramping. convinced myself it was implantation sign

What progesterone and dose did Dr M put you on? I'm on crinone till preg test - 2 applicators AM & PM - double what FS put me on. Then if BFP, I move to pessaries but no idea how many a day....or for how long.

and with the steroids and clexane when you got bfp did that change?

Dr M said if BFP to also shift to IVIg. It's way more exxy than intralipids so interested what your intralipid program was once you got your BFP?

it takes so long to get response from G I just wanted to suss out in advance what to do if we get miracle BFP next week.

thanks so much. Hope you and bump are doing well xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson and soclose – thanks for the email address

Simpson -yay for last intrepallids - I will be at Hurstville on the 15th

Bbhope – he did finally… the most frustrating thing is that when I requested my bloods from Dr S I noticed that my NK cells were borderline yet he didn’t say we should biopsy and let us waste $$$ on an IVF cycle with PGD!!!! $7k wasted…. Its only after I got the bloods (to take to Dr M) that I realized and pushed for the biopsy…. Frustrating that if I had just stayed with my original FS (before Dr S and Dr M Lol) we would still be plotting along cycle after cycle for nothing (as she doesn’t believe in the NK Cells).

Pihu – glad to hear you are feeling better xo

Bella – thanks I will call again today…. Sooo frustrating when time is of the essence!! Any idea what the best time to call is??

Kiwi – being wiped out is a good sign!! When I was early preg I was going to bed at like 7 every night… Dr M has prescribed me Provera, Dex and clomid and clexane injection once I get BFP, starting crinone once I get a BFP, what other meds are you taking? What are you having IVG for?
    Last edited by nattie84; 31-01-2014 at 08:05.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Simpson and soclose – thanks for the email address

Simpson -yay for last intrepallids - I will be at Hurstville on the 15th

Bbhope – he did finally… the most frustrating thing is that when I requested my bloods from Dr S I noticed that my NK cells were borderline yet he didn’t say we should biopsy and let us waste $$$ on an IVF cycle with PGD!!!! $7k wasted…. Its only after I got the bloods (to take to Dr M) that I realized and pushed for the biopsy…. Frustrating that if I had just stayed with my original FS (before Dr S and Dr M Lol) we would still be plotting along cycle after cycle for nothing (as she doesn’t believe in the NK Cells).

Pihu – glad to hear you are feeling better xo

Bella – thanks I will call again today…. Sooo frustrating when time is of the essence!! Any idea what the best time to call is??

Kiwi – being wiped out is a good sign!! When I was early preg I was going to bed at like 7 every night… Dr M has prescribed me Provera, Dex and clomid and clexane injection once I get BFP, starting crinone once I get a BFP, what other meds are you taking? What are you having IVG for?
    Hi nattie...if I'm not wrong than you have found around 20 mm NK cell in your biopsy right? I had some unbalanced T cells as well as had 40 mm NK cd 57 in my fist biopsy thn after one year it came back to normal 10. & dr. M prescribed me intralipd & clomid. Was just wondering that should I ask him about other medicines.

I also don't understand that is this NK level gets changed or once you have normal count than it won't increase.

Can someone plz explain me that.