Closed Thread
Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 911
  1. #551
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,410
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,179
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pihu, sorry to hear that you are feeling sad. I have had too many of this episode lately. I was so angry with the world why it has to be me who fall into the 20% miscarriage catagory. A miracle has been given to us and was taken away from us in such a short period of time. Given that my career isn't going the way i wanted, I hate every day of my life right now. Just vent, we are all here to give support. I am finally seeing a counselor this week (again, kind of a pain for not being in the medicare system. Another expense out of pocket......). I am getting through all of these on my own at the moment. DH doesn't want to hear anything about it. It hurts him deeply and the way moving forward is to give up having a child........

    SD, I thought endo scratch needs to be done a month before the transfer. 3 months buffer is OK? Dr. M fee is $300. It seems like price has gone up. It is still cheaper than the FS that we saw here in Perth. $360 + $160 follow up for no outcome. IVF fee in general is more expensive here than the east coast for whatever reason, although it doesn't proportional to their quality of service. eg: donor coordinate fee is $500+$100/6 months with 18 months waiting period. At IVFA, $100 with 4 months wait. $0 (?) at Fertility first with no waiting period. Tests such as cgh is sent to sydney and hence can't do fresh transfer but to wait for next cycle. There is possibility of damaging the embies in transit (some unfortunate ladies encountered that!).

    It seems like the FS fees at IVFA depends on their qualification. DH's FS charges $200 while my FS ~$140. Interstate phone consult has no rebate which charges an affordable fee of $65! While i can get rebate for the consult (full amount), the out of pocket certainly is more than $65. I must say, though, it is kinda awkward doing phone consult.

    Baby dust everyone!

  2. #552
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,942
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    567
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    FYI for those of you who have reached the safety net in one year the GAP for counselling is like $5!!! I also think most IVF clinics offer it for free?


    BB Hope - I hope you feel better soon xo

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

    Pihu  (30-01-2014)

  4. #553
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Pihu, sorry to hear that you are feeling sad. I have had too many of this episode lately. I was so angry with the world why it has to be me who fall into the 20% miscarriage catagory. A miracle has been given to us and was taken away from us in such a short period of time. Given that my career isn't going the way i wanted, I hate every day of my life right now. Just vent, we are all here to give support. I am finally seeing a counselor this week (again, kind of a pain for not being in the medicare system. Another expense out of pocket......). I am getting through all of these on my own at the moment. DH doesn't want to hear anything about it. It hurts him deeply and the way moving forward is to give up having a child........

    SD, I thought endo scratch needs to be done a month before the transfer. 3 months buffer is OK? Dr. M fee is $300. It seems like price has gone up. It is still cheaper than the FS that we saw here in Perth. $360 + $160 follow up for no outcome. IVF fee in general is more expensive here than the east coast for whatever reason, although it doesn't proportional to their quality of service. eg: donor coordinate fee is $500+$100/6 months with 18 months waiting period. At IVFA, $100 with 4 months wait. $0 (?) at Fertility first with no waiting period. Tests such as cgh is sent to sydney and hence can't do fresh transfer but to wait for next cycle. There is possibility of damaging the embies in transit (some unfortunate ladies encountered that!).

    It seems like the FS fees at IVFA depends on their qualification. DH's FS charges $200 while my FS ~$140. Interstate phone consult has no rebate which charges an affordable fee of $65! While i can get rebate for the consult (full amount), the out of pocket certainly is more than $65. I must say, though, it is kinda awkward doing phone consult.

    Baby dust everyone!
    BB...I can understand your situation. We all are in the same boat. I'm feeling the same way. I have stop attaining parties since last 2 years..all other friends had their babies in last couple of years. It's not that I'm not happy with their happiness but just asking myself why it's me that has to face this hard time.

    I know that it matter of time & we'll all get there sometimes ☺️. I hope u'll feeling better soon love 😃👍.

  5. #554
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Thanks SD and Pihu. I've been having lots of issues with AF since last year. dr M is trying to regulate them but it doesn't seem to be working so far. Everytime I have a question about it I email and mostly get a reply quite quickly (surprisingly lol). I'm sure it is G answering the questions as its way too quick for her to ask him about it. Was just curious. I've had lots of strange bleeds on and off while on the active pill since my biopsy and hysteroscopy in December. None of it makes sense but anyway I'm off the pill now and on progynova (I thought that was odd) and provera (never been on that before).

    Thanks!
    Hi soclose..can u plz give dr. M's email address too ☺️

  6. #555
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,410
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,179
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    FYI for those of you who have reached the safety net in one year the GAP for counselling is like $5!!! I also think most IVF clinics offer it for free?


    BB Hope - I hope you feel better soon xo
    The clinic only provides one free session during the cycle and one after. Then, it is $160 (i think) per session. I am saving the "after" session when it is mandatory for using donor (still hoping that we don't have to get to this point). Anyway, the clinic counsellor and i don't really "click". She was more concerning about how hubby felt than my feeling while i was the one seeking help. Few people recommended this particular counsellor here in Perth so I am giving it a go.

  7. #556
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked
    74
    Reviews
    0
    Pihu, it's ok to feel depressed as this stuff we are all going through is really tough. Probably the toughest thing i've ever had to face as it's completely out of your control and seems unfair and the light at the end of the tunnel is so elusive. It's hard to not feel hopeless and overwhelmed sometimes. And even harder when DH reacts differently because he is going through the issues in his own way.

    I am hopeful that on this 5th cycle we will get our miracle but trying to be realistic too that it hasn't worked so far. Some days I feel more positive than others and some days are much darker and I just get scared it will never happen and after the pain of last week and hospitalization, my ovaries shudder at the thought of doing another cycle.....

    it's this amazing forum of loving and supportive women who all get it that keeps me sane to be honest. And the dream of our own baby to cherish that will give us the strength to keep trying.

    Big big hugs xo

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

    Pihu  (30-01-2014)

  9. #557
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked
    74
    Reviews
    0
    Hi BB, timing everything for hubby issues is tough! We had to do the same as we are overseas and getting DH to Sydney for his TESA to coincide with my egg collection was stressful.

    I agree with SD to get the scratch at same time if it's a month before your cycle. That's what I did. My biopsy was done by my FS at the wrong time for the NK result to be accurate but he did do a scratch which was in time for this just-been cycle so I figure not a wasted effort if it helps implantation right now.

    Dr M might not need the biopsy results to start your treatment if you've already done bloodwork with him. My biopsy results were disregarded by Dr M due to wrong timing but he just looked at my bloods to indicate a NK imbalance problem and MTHFR clotting disorder. That was enough to start me on intralipids and steroids etc. maybe you can see if he'll do the same for you?

  10. #558
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Pihu, it's ok to feel depressed as this stuff we are all going through is really tough. Probably the toughest thing i've ever had to face as it's completely out of your control and seems unfair and the light at the end of the tunnel is so elusive. It's hard to not feel hopeless and overwhelmed sometimes. And even harder when DH reacts differently because he is going through the issues in his own way.

    I am hopeful that on this 5th cycle we will get our miracle but trying to be realistic too that it hasn't worked so far. Some days I feel more positive than others and some days are much darker and I just get scared it will never happen and after the pain of last week and hospitalization, my ovaries shudder at the thought of doing another cycle.....

    it's this amazing forum of loving and supportive women who all get it that keeps me sane to be honest. And the dream of our own baby to cherish that will give us the strength to keep trying.

    Big big hugs xo
    I know kiwi...it's really very hard for all of us to handle. Sorry if I make any of you upset or depress. I'm also feeling the same way...sometimes feels that everything will be alright & if I took at back thn again getting negative thoughts. I just hate my last FS, bcu of his steroids made me feel that I didn't conceived since last 1 year. You can imagine every month pressure. He should had to thought that if I did conceived naturally twice before steroids thn what is causing me now. But every doctors has his own view, but we are not there for their experiments. In sorry if I'm overreacting. Hope you are feeling better soon & this cycle give you positive result.

    Take care 👍😘☺️

  11. #559
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Ladies,

    Pihu - sorry you are feeling rubbish, I go through phases like that too. Then I just try and allow myself to be sad and try and give myself a time line to be sad ( a day or 2) then try and concentrate on the next step and be positive...as hard as that is.

    So I went to see my FS in perth today. The nurse had told me he does test for NK cells. Anyway he has refused to test, he said that even if it shows up high he wouldnt treat me for it as the treatments are too dangerous. He reffered to stomach ulcers and some degeneration of hip so you cant walk. Have any of you ever heard of this before? I am sure its just a one of case or a problem for people with ulcers. He wouldnt run anymore tests either. I took a list of things I wanted testing for (which I was kindly helped out with by @SimpsonDesert ) but he wouldnt have it. It just seems like he is happy for me to keep plugging my money into the same old protocols, its very frustrating.

    I have booked at appointment with Dr M for the 20th Feb so I am guessing I will have to wait until then to get tested, I was just hoping to get many of these things tested before I saw him to make it easier.

  12. #560
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,942
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    567
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEmilyS View Post
    Hi Ladies,

    Pihu - sorry you are feeling rubbish, I go through phases like that too. Then I just try and allow myself to be sad and try and give myself a time line to be sad ( a day or 2) then try and concentrate on the next step and be positive...as hard as that is.

    So I went to see my FS in perth today. The nurse had told me he does test for NK cells. Anyway he has refused to test, he said that even if it shows up high he wouldnt treat me for it as the treatments are too dangerous. He reffered to stomach ulcers and some degeneration of hip so you cant walk. Have any of you ever heard of this before? I am sure its just a one of case or a problem for people with ulcers. He wouldnt run anymore tests either. I took a list of things I wanted testing for (which I was kindly helped out with by @SimpsonDesert ) but he wouldnt have it. It just seems like he is happy for me to keep plugging my money into the same old protocols, its very frustrating.

    I have booked at appointment with Dr M for the 20th Feb so I am guessing I will have to wait until then to get tested, I was just hoping to get many of these things tested before I saw him to make it easier.
    It makes me so mad to hear that... Even with my FS D S who is meant to be the pioneer for NK cells only just let me do the test...


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-06-2015, 00:10
  2. High Natural Killer Cells #2
    By lissyloulou in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 940
    Last Post: 17-11-2013, 16:30
  3. High Natural Killer Cells
    By helenmac in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 980
    Last Post: 21-05-2013, 17:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Vibe Natural Health
Your natural health care team for fertility, pregnancy, post natal and family health care. Our Naturopaths, Doctors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Psychologists,Nutritionists, Pilates, & Massage specialise in women & children's health and wellbeing.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!