Closed Thread
Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Elarwood- Oh wow the HLA tests are being done locally? Awesome! Quite cheap too

Nattie- hope Dr M can mail you out the BT request form without needing to see him.

bbhope- When I had my BTs with Dr M they did say CD 56, 57, etc. There were a whole heap of numbers (don't remember them sorry). NK biopsy is an endo scratch PLUS sending the removed tissue for testing. Endo scratch alone is simply removing the tissue and discarding it (no testing). The key thing is that the lining is "injured" to stimulate receptivity to an implanting embryo. If the results take a long time and you can't have FET within 3 months... then it would be a good idea to get a new scratch in the month before your transfer. I hope everything is OK with that cyst and great that you've made an appointment with Dr M. I actually find his fees are cheap at $250 for first consult and $150 for follow-ups. My FS was much more expensive!

Pihu- sorry you are feeling down. We all go through our low points when everything seems hopeless. I only had one round of immune BTs with Dr M too. Just because there are others that can be done, doesn't mean you need them right away. Have faith in Dr Ms methods- the UTD & graduate lists are testament to how successful he is and how often he gets it right! I'm really concerned that allowing so many negative thoughts to consume you is not healthy and perhaps you might need to chat with a counsellor? My naturopath has a saying that an infertile mind will create an infertile body... it is so important to think positive and believe that you will hold your baby someday. I hope you can get a new perspective and better outlook.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (29-01-2014),Pihu  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Hi Pihu its normal to worry but don't be depressed I am in a similar position. When I went to see dr M I even summarised my history and he didn't read it, he just asked his questions but seemed pretty thorough. I have my plan of what we are going to do but then I freaked out that I didn't ask for some extra tests and now have to call to find out lol.

I think all doctors are the same we just have to keep educating ourselves to as the right questions.
    Thanks nattie...I have got headache because of these thoughts. I'll try to keep my self normal. Thanks heaps for your reply ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post

Nattie- hope Dr M can mail you out the BT request form without needing to see him.

bbhope- When I had my BTs with Dr M they did say CD 56, 57, etc. There were a whole heap of numbers (don't remember them sorry). NK biopsy is an endo scratch PLUS sending the removed tissue for testing. Endo scratch alone is simply removing the tissue and discarding it (no testing). The key thing is that the lining is "injured" to stimulate receptivity to an implanting embryo. If the results take a long time and you can't have FET within 3 months... then it would be a good idea to get a new scratch in the month before your transfer. I hope everything is OK with that cyst and great that you've made an appointment with Dr M. I actually find his fees are cheap at $250 for first consult and $150 for follow-ups. My FS was much more expensive!

Pihu- sorry you are feeling down. We all go through our low points when everything seems hopeless. I only had one round of immune BTs with Dr M too. Just because there are others that can be done, doesn't mean you need them right away. Have faith in Dr Ms methods- the UTD & graduate lists are testament to how successful he is and how often he gets it right! I'm really concerned that allowing so many negative thoughts to consume you is not healthy and perhaps you might need to chat with a counsellor? My naturopath has a saying that an infertile mind will create an infertile body... it is so important to think positive and believe that you will hold your baby someday. I hope you can get a new perspective and better outlook.
    Thank you very much simpsondesert...you are so right. I was knew that will get inspiration from you guys. I'm really very thankful whoever create this helpful thread. Take care ☺️

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pihu For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post

I myself was in a bad state after our second IVF failure. Having gotten pregnant first go and sadly having a chemical pregnancy I believed that my second IVF would be the one. After much debate with myself that I was ok I went and got a referral to a psychologist. Before seeing her and during I could not talk about my situation without getting upset.

Obviously everyone is different but I believe that she has helped me to deal with everything. I am in such a great place now but if I do IVF again I will definitely go back and see her.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (29-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I myself was in a bad state after our second IVF failure. Having gotten pregnant first go and sadly having a chemical pregnancy I believed that my second IVF would be the one. After much debate with myself that I was ok I went and got a referral to a psychologist. Before seeing her and during I could not talk about my situation without getting upset.

Obviously everyone is different but I believe that she has helped me to deal with everything. I am in such a great place now but if I do IVF again I will definitely go back and see her.
    Thanks nattie sharing your experience with us ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question ladies - does anyone know if G is just admin only or is she also a nurse??

Stay strong Pihu. It is indeed a hard road we travel but we are here for support and our determination will take us to the end

Thanks for the roll call update SD. Hope you're feeling good!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (29-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Question ladies - does anyone know if G is just admin only or is she also a nurse??

Stay strong Pihu. It is indeed a hard road we travel but we are here for support and our determination will take us to the end

Thanks soclose ☺️.have no idea about her. Did u had to face any difficulty?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pihu For This Useful Post:

soclose  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Soclose, I am feeling pretty good! I'm not sure if G is also a nurse... I've only had dealings with her in an admin capacity. Whenever I've asked a medical question, she has always consulted with Dr M then called me back.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

soclose  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks SD and Pihu. I've been having lots of issues with AF since last year. dr M is trying to regulate them but it doesn't seem to be working so far. Everytime I have a question about it I email and mostly get a reply quite quickly (surprisingly lol). I'm sure it is G answering the questions as its way too quick for her to ask him about it. Was just curious. I've had lots of strange bleeds on and off while on the active pill since my biopsy and hysteroscopy in December. None of it makes sense but anyway I'm off the pill now and on progynova (I thought that was odd) and provera (never been on that before).

Thanks!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (30-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks SD and Pihu. I've been having lots of issues with AF since last year. dr M is trying to regulate them but it doesn't seem to be working so far. Everytime I have a question about it I email and mostly get a reply quite quickly (surprisingly lol). I'm sure it is G answering the questions as its way too quick for her to ask him about it. Was just curious. I've had lots of strange bleeds on and off while on the active pill since my biopsy and hysteroscopy in December. None of it makes sense but anyway I'm off the pill now and on progynova (I thought that was odd) and provera (never been on that before).

Thanks!

I didn't know you could email him!? Can u plz pm me the deets!