Closed Thread
Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 911
  1. #521
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,180
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    FX kiwi and good luck for the tww. It seems like a long flight back for you.

    Mel, Congrats on the pregnancy.

    Not so much going on. My FS ordered a lot of BTs to check implantation issues. It must be at least 10 vials drawn. Some tests will be sent to Sydney. I wonder how long it will take to get the results. I'm tempting to book in a phone consult with Dr. Sacks for 2nd opinion while waiting for the results to come in. I am with IVFA so maybe it is easier to go with Dr. Sacks. Anyone with him here?

    FS wrote day 14--25 for NK cell biopsy and endo scratch. I know that endo scratch is probably the right timing. It might be a bit too early for the NK cell biopsy as mentioned earlier. It needs to be later than day 26. I plan to do NK cell biopsy first and then endo scratch sometime later. I don't want to do both at once. I want to make sure that NK cell biopsy comes up clear before the transfer. It looks like this is going to be a long journey. I have no luck to find anyone in perth to do the NK cell biopsy just yet (without me cycling there).
    Last edited by bbhope; 27-01-2014 at 20:01.

  2. #522
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked
    569
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    FX kiwi and good luck for the tww. It seems like a long flight back for you.

    Mel, Congrats on the pregnancy.

    Not so much going on. My FS ordered a lot of BTs to check implantation issues. It must be at least 10 vials drawn. Some tests will be sent to Sydney. I wonder how long it will take to get the results. I'm tempting to book in a phone consult with Dr. Sacks for 2nd opinion while waiting for the results to come in. I am with IVFA so maybe it is easier to go with Dr. Sacks. Anyone with him here?

    FS wrote day 14--25 for NK cell biopsy and endo scratch. I know that endo scratch is probably the right timing. It might be a bit too early for the NK cell biopsy as mentioned earlier. It needs to be later than day 26. I plan to do NK cell biopsy first and then endo scratch sometime later. I don't want to do both at once. I want to make sure that NK cell biopsy comes up clear before the transfer. It looks like this is going to be a long journey. I have no luck to find anyone in perth to do the NK cell biopsy just yet.
    i am with dr sacks. If you have immune issues I recommend dr gamal Matthias, he isn't an Ivf doc but he is aggressive with immune treatment.

  3. #523
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,180
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Nattie. It seems like 2nd opinion with Dr. M is probably the best bet. I can only hope to get a copy of my BTs from the clinic. I have no idea if i have immune issue but no harm booking in for a phone consult with Dr. M in few weeks time. It is a norm in Perth to wait up to 2 months for an appointment. I hope it isn't the case for Dr. M..... does he have two clinics (as far as i gather the conversation on this thread)?

  4. #524
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Hi ladies...sorry to barge in here but bbhope suggested I ask my question here as you are all very knowledgable in nk cells.
    My fs in perth has agreed to test me for nk cells and I have a consult with him on Thursday this week. I know from my reading that usually they will test on day 21 of your cycle. I don't cycle naturally so I am a bit worried how they will go about it. I read that you can't have the ivf drugs in your system when they do the biopsy so I wouldn't be able to use them to cycle. Have any of you been in a similar situation? The nurse at the clinic was suggesting I could be tested whilst on the pill?! Also are there any symptoms of high nk cells I should look out for?
    Thank you
    Emily

  5. #525
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked
    569
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Thanks Nattie. It seems like 2nd opinion with Dr. M is probably the best bet. I can only hope to get a copy of my BTs from the clinic. I have no idea if i have immune issue but no harm booking in for a phone consult with Dr. M in few weeks time. It is a norm in Perth to wait up to 2 months for an appointment. I hope it isn't the case for Dr. M..... does he have two clinics (as far as i gather the conversation on this thread)?
    he has two clinics but you can still wait over a month for an appt.

  6. #526
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,180
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    he has two clinics but you can still wait over a month for an appt.
    Where are the two clinics? I gather kugarah. The other?

  7. #527
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked
    3,365
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One is at Bankstown the other is Miranda

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

    bbhope  (27-01-2014)

  9. #528
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked
    569
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    quick question ladies.... I just want to make sure everything has been tested before embarking on another journey of drugs and possibly IVF if they don't work.

    I have had a full immune work up and the major issue is believed to be high NK cells. Dr M has recommended Clomid, Dex, Provera and Intrepalids. Question is I have been doing some reading and worry that we should also test my husbands blood for both DQ alpha and HLA similarities to ensure there is nothing else getting in our way. Does anyone know the main indicators? It seems that I was tested for HLA-DR and it was normal but no tests for my husband.. Not sure if I should schedule another appointment with Dr M to discuss??

  10. #529
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,607
    Thanks
    1,534
    Thanked
    1,039
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    bbhope- My advice would be to book a phone consult with Dr M while you're waiting for the BTs your FS is doing. He works from Miranda and Bankstown, but there is still up to 2 months wait for an appointment, possibly less for phone consult only. Dr M can then work with what you already had done, plus order his extra BTs. It will speed things up working that way. When you get the NK biopsy they remove a chunk of your lining for testing, so it doubles up as an endo scratch when you do it the first time. The timing for biopsy needs to be AFTER 7dpo but before next AF. My clinic would monitor my natural cycle for ovulation then book in the biopsy when O was confirmed.

    Nattie- I only had the "local" BTs done and used intralipids for my first cycle with Dr M. If I had gotten BFN, the next step was going to be the "Chicago" BTs (incl. HLA, LAD, etc for me & DH) and stronger meds. Lucky for me it worked first go and I didn't have to worry about the extra testing. You can do them up-front if you prefer, but it is very expensive organising the specialist courier and paying for the BTs. Dr M doesn't insist on them unless you've been using immune treatment already and still not UTD (like Elarwood). In your shoes, I'd try the natural TTC with the protocol you've been given first, then re-assess getting the Chicago BTs if still no luck.

    MrsEmily- there are no obvious symptoms of NK cells except recurrent implantation failure. As mentioned above to bbhope, the timing of the NK biopsy is important and a standard day 21 test is only suitable for women who ovulate around day 14. I'm not sure how it is handled for non-ovulatory cycles... I would think they need to make you ovulate with clomid or FSH + trigger, then do the biopsy after that. But I'm just speculating, no first hand experience sorry.

    Elarwood- Bummer about the HLA matches, but better to know this before you waste anymore CGH embies. Yes there's a couple of girls who had LIT, Helenmac and Lite Fantastic. I agree there is no point transferring until you've been treated, good thinking to do the cycle and the testing, then freeze all until you're ready.

    MGC- I remember Dr M telling me what to do "After BFP" and I had thoughts just like yours. Was so skeptical and never believed I would get that far. Great to hear he'll bring the extra meds on board and good luck with the new BTs! Thanks for the tip on the answering machine too.

    Kiwi76- so pleased to hear your medications got sorted out and you had recovered enough to have your fresh ET. Congrats on being PUPO!! Stick embies stick

    Mel04
    - congrats on your pregnancy! Very sorry to hear about the tough road to get here though. I was nervous about weaning off steroids too, but it is a slow process. I started at 13wks and was finished at 24wks. Like Bella, I was on a much higher dose than you (30mg/day). With only 10mg, I'd cut down by 2.5mg every 2 weeks.

    Timetoshine- hope you are loving every minute with your gorgeous DS!

    Hi to Bella, Soclose, Scruffy, Chiefsgirl, Pihu & everyone else

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

    MrsEmilyS  (28-01-2014)

  12. #530
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked
    569
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    bbhope- My advice would be to book a phone consult with Dr M while you're waiting for the BTs your FS is doing. He works from Miranda and Bankstown, but there is still up to 2 months wait for an appointment, possibly less for phone consult only. Dr M can then work with what you already had done, plus order his extra BTs. It will speed things up working that way. When you get the NK biopsy they remove a chunk of your lining for testing, so it doubles up as an endo scratch when you do it the first time. The timing for biopsy needs to be AFTER 7dpo but before next AF. My clinic would monitor my natural cycle for ovulation then book in the biopsy when O was confirmed.

    Nattie- I only had the "local" BTs done and used intralipids for my first cycle with Dr M. If I had gotten BFN, the next step was going to be the "Chicago" BTs (incl. HLA, LAD, etc for me & DH) and stronger meds. Lucky for me it worked first go and I didn't have to worry about the extra testing. You can do them up-front if you prefer, but it is very expensive organising the specialist courier and paying for the BTs. Dr M doesn't insist on them unless you've been using immune treatment already and still not UTD (like Elarwood). In your shoes, I'd try the natural TTC with the protocol you've been given first, then re-assess getting the Chicago BTs if still no luck.

    MrsEmily- there are no obvious symptoms of NK cells except recurrent implantation failure. As mentioned above to bbhope, the timing of the NK biopsy is important and a standard day 21 test is only suitable for women who ovulate around day 14. I'm not sure how it is handled for non-ovulatory cycles... I would think they need to make you ovulate with clomid or FSH + trigger, then do the biopsy after that. But I'm just speculating, no first hand experience sorry.

    Elarwood- Bummer about the HLA matches, but better to know this before you waste anymore CGH embies. Yes there's a couple of girls who had LIT, Helenmac and Lite Fantastic. I agree there is no point transferring until you've been treated, good thinking to do the cycle and the testing, then freeze all until you're ready.

    MGC- I remember Dr M telling me what to do "After BFP" and I had thoughts just like yours. Was so skeptical and never believed I would get that far. Great to hear he'll bring the extra meds on board and good luck with the new BTs! Thanks for the tip on the answering machine too.

    Kiwi76- so pleased to hear your medications got sorted out and you had recovered enough to have your fresh ET. Congrats on being PUPO!! Stick embies stick

    Mel04
    - congrats on your pregnancy! Very sorry to hear about the tough road to get here though. I was nervous about weaning off steroids too, but it is a slow process. I started at 13wks and was finished at 24wks. Like Bella, I was on a much higher dose than you (30mg/day). With only 10mg, I'd cut down by 2.5mg every 2 weeks.

    Timetoshine- hope you are loving every minute with your gorgeous DS!

    Hi to Bella, Soclose, Scruffy, Chiefsgirl, Pihu & everyone else
    Thanks Simpson. I am trying to be positive but if natural doesn't work we are only doing IVF one more time and July is the only time work wise that I can do IVF so we may not have time for more testing... I wish he had discussed this with me at my appointment.... grr I am soo over doctors


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-06-2015, 00:10
  2. High Natural Killer Cells #2
    By lissyloulou in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 940
    Last Post: 17-11-2013, 16:30
  3. High Natural Killer Cells
    By helenmac in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 937
    Last Post: 21-05-2013, 17:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Ro and Co
Ro and Co kids cooking classes and parties are a fantastic way for children to experiment with food. The classes and parties are designed to be both educational and fun, giving your child the skills they need to be confident and creative in the kitchen.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!