Closed Thread
Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay nattie! I looked for you when I came out but the waiting room was full and I didn't want to say "is any one here nattie84?" Hahaha

Quick one for me as I'm still out-8 vials of blood taken and a hystoscopy and biopsy next Tuesday for me! He also prescribed dhea- where do I get this? Do normal chemists stock or do I go to a compounding chemist? He was going to give me a list of supplements to take, but when I told him what I take He was happy- I told him u ladies gave me his list hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Yay nattie! I looked for you when I came out but the waiting room was full and I didn't want to say "is any one here nattie84?" Hahaha

Quick one for me as I'm still out-8 vials of blood taken and a hystoscopy and biopsy next Tuesday for me! He also prescribed dhea- where do I get this? Do normal chemists stock or do I go to a compounding chemist? He was going to give me a list of supplements to take, but when I told him what I take He was happy- I told him u ladies gave me his list hahaha
    Lol I was wearing the pink shirt sitting across from the reception desk

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should have been brave and asked!

it was a lot to take in after waiting so long, organising the biopsy for next week and then rushing off to try and get bloods done tonight. The clinic across the way wouldn't do them as there were too many and they have to be done a special way, but I went to the lab at Kareena private and got them done there. It's going to be close to see if they get them and the biopsy results in before my next appt on 19 feb - thanks so much for the heads up about the waiting and pre booking the next appt, all going well I might be able to start another ivf cycle in march

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    I should have been brave and asked!

it was a lot to take in after waiting so long, organising the biopsy for next week and then rushing off to try and get bloods done tonight. The clinic across the way wouldn't do them as there were too many and they have to be done a special way, but I went to the lab at Kareena private and got them done there. It's going to be close to see if they get them and the biopsy results in before my next appt on 19 feb - thanks so much for the heads up about the waiting and pre booking the next appt, all going well I might be able to start another ivf cycle in march
    It's all good I wasn't sure either lol. Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if Dr M's protcol is outlined anywhere on here?
    Meds/supplements/treatments etc as I am having possibly my last FS appt before heading to SA for my donor cycle and would love to query /suggest things to my FS. Shes pretty open minded, but I need to get my scripts organised today
    Thanks
    Em xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bbhope - my FS did biopsy (at wrong time) but Dr M was ok just relying on the blood tests he ordered for me without another biopsy.

Nattie - cash only or Gwyneth will send you to the ATM by the hospital where they charge high withdraw fees. $150 for follow up consult. She might also let you do phone banking transfer. I had to pay $650 for intralipids on the spot as they sent me to hurstville private same day as my follow up appt with Dr M so because I don't carry that much cash i did an internet transfer on the spot.

I had my egg collection yesterday and got 18 eggs with 12 mature. Biggest crop since my first cycle in US in 2011. Paid for it though with immense waves of pain in chest ribs and shoulders from fluid buildup and internal bleeding from being nicked during. Hopefully pain all worth it. DH great result as 4 months on his reversal has finally opened up and they got some fresh stuff. It's being sent to lab for DNA fragmentation testing. FS also did tesa needle aspiration so they've fertilized half eggs with each. Will be interesting to see how they grow or not today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski it depends on what your issues are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Nattie,

I just ran a few of the things I've heard of past her like dex etc or higher /longer doses of pred. (I'm on a lot of immunes anyway) but have been advised not to use them due to a clotting issue I have... will see how this next cycle goes with younger eggs!

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back to do a proper catch up!

Kiwi76- welcome to our thread, I'll have to be careful not to confuse you with Kiwi77! Great to see your original Qs have been covered and you've been back to Dr M for your protocol. 12 mature eggs is fantastic!! Best wishes for a great fert rate and strong embies .

bbhope- hugs on your recent loss . It is very proactive of you to seek further testing after only one transfer. Great that your Syd FS has agreed to let you have them! There is a list of basic tests in my TTC diary, post #26 http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...urn-soon/page2. These will cover clotting factors and some auto-immune issues. Dr M does even more than that list, so seeing him would be best so you can have the comprehensive testing all at once. He does accept biopsy results from other clinics, but of course he prefers to do his own. Mine was done by Genea and Dr M didn't need me to repeat it. The BT alone is not sufficient, it has to be uterine biopsy as well.

Pihu- I hope you can find a way to let go of the past 12 months... hanging onto those negative thoughts and feelings is not good for you mentally or physically. Try to look ahead and keep telling yourself you have a fresh start in the right direction, and there's no reason for it not to work.

Soclose- great to hear you have your protocol! Bummer about the 3 month wait though. Sounds like Dr M wants your body to have time to get ready for pregnancy after starting his supplement regime.

Scruffy- so nice that the other girls have more hope after your success! How's things with you and DS?

Helen- AMAZING news!! Huge congrats on your twins .

MGC- did you have your next appointment with Dr M yet?

Chiefsgirl- yay for getting the testing underway. Good luck with your hyst & biopsy next week! Its happening quickly now and very good work having the follow up appt already booked .

Emski- there is no 'blanket' protocol from Dr M. He tailors them according to test results. Some of us posted our protocols in this thread: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...mmune-protocol . Others have posted them throughout the series of NK cell threads (we are up to #3 now- lots of posts to trawl through!). Good luck with your donor cycle!

Hi to Nattie, Elarwood, Preciousheart, Timetoshine and everyone else

AFM- I saw Dr M last week too, on Friday afternoon. What a bad day that was... my appointment was 2.30 and I was waiting until 5.00pm for my turn! Lucky I could watch the tennis in the waiting room. He checked me with the doppler and was happy with bubs heart beat and the placenta blood flow. I've finished the prednisolone now, yay! Staying on clexane a few more weeks and having my final intralipids on Feb 2nd.

I really wish that those of you still waiting for your BFPs will be rewarded soon, and that you'll soon be in my shoes on the tail end of your medications

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (22-01-2014),helenmac  (05-02-2014),Leomum  (22-01-2014),Pihu  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson, you are seriously the best at personals. It's amazing! Bravo

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (22-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (22-01-2014)