Closed Thread
Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Repost.
    Hi ladies, i am actually a perth lady who recently went to syd for the ivf. We are blessed to have a miracle but it went terrible wrong in the end. After a mere 5 days of happiness, we are now grieving for the loss that happened last weekend (havent had a chance to change my signature cos typing on phone). It is a chemical pregnancy. Miscarriage at 5 week.

We are considering the donor but it is not the time yet. We might give up hope and being childless. We have one in the freezer but dont hold up much hope on it as it is a slow developer. Perhaps afraid to get crushed again. It is our embryo so prefer to have it back in me. I want to request all the tests on me before the FET. I know that there is a chance that it wont survive the thaw. I now can see that i might have wasted DH precious sperms as my STIM wasn't very successful (low number of follicles and eggs, bad quality?) but too late to speculate on it now. I see you ladies have a bit discussion going on if dont mind giving some advices.

What kind of tests can be requested in order to rule out implantation dysfunction? NK cell testing? Blood clotting? I am calling in to my FS next week. Telling me incompetent embryo just isnt good enough for me. It is a perfect 5 day blast. I know it might not mean anything but it did implanted.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Hi everyone and happy new year. I found one of the old threads and posted but think it may have closed now so relieved to find this current thread. (Sooty - thanks for your reply. Pleased to catch up on your progress in this thread and let me know what your US spec says)

sorry for the long winded story:

I'm almost 38, DH 52 (vasectomy reversed Oct 13 but no sperm found yet). After IVF4 failed in Oct and seeing these threads, I switched FS at Genea to one who can help with DH issue as he needs TESA for ICSI to try with fresh sperm (all previous frozen TESE sperm used) and also booked in to see Dr M on 17 Dec who ordered some blood tests. my FS also did an endo biopsy to check for NKs on day 14 of my cycle when I ovulated I guess and said my results were normal.

from research and reading this thread, is that the wrong time to do the biopsy? I've seen in Dr Beer's book he recommends post-ovulation around day 26....as levels can change significantly during the cycle. Anyone have any idea?

i haven't been able to get hold of G or Dr M to find out blood test results. I have started ivf5 on provera/lucrin protocol. Last 4 cycles were short antagonist. Not sure how I'll go on this suppressed one but I got mixed up with pharmacist saying 20IU of Lucrin vs 10IU prescribed so mucked that up for first week, My FS says shouldn't make a difference now on correct dose. Started GonalF 2 days ago. I'm overseas so get into Sydney on Monday morning to go straight into Genea for bloods/scan. Fingers crossed I'm not over suppressed. Been feeling pretty flat and depressed with no appetite.

As I haven't been able to get Dr M results have no idea if I have immune issues but last 2 cycles I felt like something wrong was going on. Or think am jus going crazy . After last embryo transfer in Oct, I got AF 4 days earlier than preg test so got tested locally overseas. They also did some screening and said I had negative blocking antibodies which was causing implantation failure. Anyone have this? They said LIT therapy is needed. Does Dr M do this? Heard it can be risky and I'm based in china for the mo so if I do LIT here I can't even ask questions in English....

I'm really anxious about this cycle and want to throw everything at it. Have bad egg/sperm issues and who knows what else. Hence the insomnia and posting at 5am). In the US when I did my first 2 cycles they put me on 16mg prednisolone (standard for all ivfs) so I've started that now too myself on same day as GonalF. What does Dr M usually do?

and if I do have immune issues, when is too late for intralipids before egg collection?

new FS also put me on DHEA. Def noticed the greasy hair and much more falling out. Guess this is normal?

Any advice appreciated from you incredibly knowledgeable and supportive ladies! And apologies if I haven't got the format of my post right or figured out how to use those snazzy symbols. Just so grateful to have found the thread and not feel so alone and overwhelmed so thank you.
    -----

IVF ISCI #1- in US Jun 12 with PGD (18eggs/15 mat/8fert/3 blasts frozen for PGD embryo) - all 3 aneuploid
    IVF ISCI #2 - in US May 13 (15eggs/14mat/6fert/1 day6 blast) -BFN

IVF ISCI #3- in Genea Syd Jul 13 (14eggs/11 mat/6fert/1 day5 morula) -BFN
    IVF ISCI #4 - in Genea Syd Sep/Oct 13 (11eggs/9mat/3fert) 2 day 3 transferred - BFN. - 1 day6 frozen embie that we will save till we knw if I have immune issues.

IVF ISCI #5 - started provera 24 Dec - Lucrin 28th - gonal 9 Jan - fingers crossed!!
    Hi kiwi..happy new year to you too! Welcome to this thread! I can help you with one question regarding biopsy. I had my biopsy on 23rd day of my cycle, you are right that result gets change if you have your biopsy around 14 th day of your cycle. Hope dr. M will direct you to the right path 😃. All the best 👍

Pihu

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kiwi same as Pihu biopsy is supposed to be after ovulation around the time of implantation. I had one with Dr Sacks and one with Dr M and they both did them after around day 22. Both biopsies returned high killer cells but different levels from different drs.

It is never any harm to get fully checked out before spending more money and time on further fertility treatments so if ur in Sydney I would second Pihu recommendation to see Dr M.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I asked my FS about the biopsy timing but he said it didn't matter....I've found the dismissiveness of now 3 FSs about anything non-standard really surprising! Dr M said he'd wait to see what my biopsy results from my FS were before he decides if he needs to do one too. I have a follow up appt with him on Tuesday thankfully. Will keep you posted.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Yes I asked my FS about the biopsy timing but he said it didn't matter....I've found the dismissiveness of now 3 FSs about anything non-standard really surprising! Dr M said he'd wait to see what my biopsy results from my FS were before he decides if he needs to do one too. I have a follow up appt with him on Tuesday thankfully. Will keep you posted.
    All the best for your appointment on Tuesday kiwi 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bbhope...sorry to hear about loss..don't give up your hope. i might not be able to advise you other than NK cell test, because I have the same problem. you must be aware of Dr. Gamal M, he's the best in NK problems. He does uterus biopsy & blood test to find out immune problem. I hope you'll get the right guideline & get succcess soon.

Pihu...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone...

Hope you all are doing well. I need your expert advise regarding one of my report result. When Dr. M did my blood test to check any immune problem..He also asked test for AMH. I was looking at report today and realised that my levels are 10.2 (pool/L) & for normal AMH level reference range is 14.0 -30.0, but dr m didn't mentioned anything about it. Is it normal or he might forgot to tell me about it? Could anyone plz help me with this?

Thanks heaps 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pihu... it really depends on your age. For those of us aged 40+ we would LOVE to have an AMH of 10.2!!! If it says the normal range for your age is 14-30, then 10 is lower than the average for your age, but anything above 9 is what my FS said is good for producing lots of eggs. That's why Dr M hasn't mentioned it, because it's high enough. It probably means it's a good job that you're doing IVF now, rather than in 10 years time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Pihu... it really depends on your age. For those of us aged 40+ we would LOVE to have an AMH of 10.2!!! If it says the normal range for your age is 14-30, then 10 is lower than the average for your age, but anything above 9 is what my FS said is good for producing lots of eggs. That's why Dr M hasn't mentioned it, because it's high enough. It probably means it's a good job that you're doing IVF now, rather than in 10 years time.
    Thanks MGC..i met dr. M on sat @ hurstville hospital for my intralipid & he advised me to try naturally for 4-5 months. He thinks that, I was on 25 mg prednisolone for more thn year could be the reasons that didn't conceived since last 1 year. He has proscribed me clomoid for my next cycle & need to see him after 4-5 weeks & he'll give me progestone as well. I was thinking that if I take progestone while I do clomoid cycle, does it help me? Should check this with dr. M? Very confused 😔 & desperate 😞!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pihu For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi pihu, I conceived naturally and only had to start progesterone from bfp so if dr m wants to see you after 4 weeks of clomid would that coincide with your first possible bfp/af?