Closed Thread
Page 39 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pihu- The infusion is usually finished around 10.30pm. Roughly the timing is like this:
    2pm- admission to ward
    3.00-3.30- cannula goes in and start Hartmanns solution
    5.00-5.30- Dr M comes and switches from Hartmanns to Intralipids. You'll have a chance to chat with him and ask him any questions. He comes by again about half an hour later to check on you before he leaves.
    9.30-10.00- Intralipids finish, nurse switches back to Hartmanns to flush last few mLs through the lines.
    10.00-10.30- Nurse removes cannula. Free to go home after 5-10 mins.

The latest I have left is 11pm.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (09-01-2014),sootymay  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    Pihu- The infusion is usually finished around 10.30pm. Roughly the timing is like this:
    2pm- admission to ward
    3.00-3.30- cannula goes in and start Hartmanns solution
    5.00-5.30- Dr M comes and switches from Hartmanns to Intralipids. You'll have a chance to chat with him and ask him any questions. He comes by again about half an hour later to check on you before he leaves.
    9.30-10.00- Intralipids finish, nurse switches back to Hartmanns to flush last few mLs through the lines.
    10.00-10.30- Nurse removes cannula. Free to go home after 5-10 mins.

The latest I have left is 11pm.
    Thanks heaps SimpsonDesert!! Looks like it will be long day on Saturday ☺️

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pihu For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nidhulaine + Pihu..... I actually found that they gave you plenty of food, that I didn't eat any of the snacks that I had taken (though DH polished off most of them for me!!) Firstly was afternoon tea - choice of sweet or savoury. Then dinner with dessert. And later on supper. Yes, I was out of there just before 11am. I don't know about others but I was a weirded out as I could actually feel the cold liquids actually going up my arm. I kept a jumper over that arm to keep warm, while the rest of me was fine. Hope it works for you both xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Nidhulaine  (10-01-2014),Pihu  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Simpson for all the Sharkey's info, I will look into it, thanks so much for the detail you went into on it, very useful!... Nidhulaine and Pihu, great you are having your intralipids, hope it works out for you both, I am bummed out that I've had two now for no reason as didn't get to transfer an embryo either time - can think of other things to do with $1200 I must say. MGC hi and hope you are well, same to timetoshine, soclose, sooty and pihu and everyone else too... was up from 3-5am pondering my fate, what a journey we are all on, it's so hard and I wish really hard that every single one of you on this thread have a baby this year, I really do, it's just sad and it sucks, you all deserve a baby and to be happy and set free from this endless turmoil.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (10-01-2014),elarwood  (10-01-2014),MGC Bertie  (10-01-2014),Nidhulaine  (10-01-2014),Pihu  (10-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (09-01-2014),sootymay  (10-01-2014),StillHope  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I'm writing seeking some advice from the wise and experienced ladies on this wonderful thread.
    After 4 dismal IVF cycles with my own eggs I went to South Africa to use donor eggs in Dec.
    I did a long down reg to mitigate against my endo, and followed Dr M's protocol of intralipids, Dex, Dox and Clexane to treat my MTHFR and elevated NK cells.
    Despite transferring 2 good quality blasts we got a BFN.
    Our doctor at CFC was really critical of the Dex and it freaked out my DH somewhat.
    I'm wondering if I should repeat Dr M's protocol, even with our lack of success, possibly look further afield for more testing, or ease back and follow my local FS who recommended Pregnisolone pre-transfer.
    The cost of travelling to Sydney for the transfusion and the negative feedback from the SA FS - and the ultimate negative outcome - has made me lose the faith somewhat in Dr M ahead of our planned return trip to Cape Town in March.
    I'd appreciate some advice from some of you wise TTC warriors!
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feather, I am sorry to hear of your recent bfn even with dr m's treatment. Did you have overseas bloods done through him or only local bloods? Just wondering if you have been tested for all possibilities as I know some of the ladies on here are on more hard core meds than that. Helenmac is our leading warrior who started this thread and she had to seek help from Karen pace in USA as well as dr m as his treatments weren't strong enough for her issues, and a few others on here are seeing her also. I would prob recommend further testing but don't give up on immune treatment! If you have high nk cells and mthfr you will def need immune treatment, you just need to work out what is going to be the right balance for your body and issues. All the best! Hopefully some of the others can give more specific advice

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all doing ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Would you mind me joining this thread?. We are in our 16th IVF cycle andI'm almost at the end of my tether with all the bad luck we've had with an ectopic (right tube removed), 2 chem pregs and 3 miscarriages. I was tested for Nk cells after my 6th failed cycle and it showed elevated NK cells and I have since fallen pregnant each cycle whilst using the prednisone and once with intralipids and clexane, but sadly have lost each one. Looking forward to reading more on this thread and wondering if it's ok if I jump on the facebook page if someone would be happy to give me the details. I'm going to give it my best shot before we end up having to give up on my poor old eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I'd never heard of the Sharkeys Healing centre. Something else to research. I've really blown up since our last treatment in Nov and "feel" my body is quite out of whack from the Dexmethasone I'm suspecting, but hey, maybe it's the Humira or all the estogen etc as well...or probably just everything. Eye infections (have never had in my life) swollen feet, sore heel, super bloated stomach, overweight etc.
    Simpsondesert - what sort of money does it cost to buy a course of detox? Do they consult with you personally, or you choose the programme you think suits best, is there a consultation fee, how does it all work? Sorry, for all the questions - I'm spending so much money already, that I don't want to get carried away spending more unless it's really worth it. Did you find it worked well?

Feather - I'm now seeing Karen Pace as have heard excellent things about her and that she is very thorough in going over everything with you and her testing. This is probably our last try with ED in SA, hence why I wanted to throw what I could at it with consulting with her, even though we won't be able to financially do everything she may recommend, ie IVIG, LIT etc.. that as someone else said, is going to amount up to a cost of a cycle itself and we can't do that unfortunately, the Humira alone that I am on now is $1800 for 2 injections (that's all I'll need of that med -thank goodness) and then she is going to re-test 3 weeks after the last injection and decide what to do thereon, bearing in mind our financial constraints. She is lovely - maybe that could be an option?
    Last edited by sootymay; 10-01-2014 at 05:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Thanks Simpson for all the Sharkey's info, I will look into it, thanks so much for the detail you went into on it, very useful!... Nidhulaine and Pihu, great you are having your intralipids, hope it works out for you both, I am bummed out that I've had two now for no reason as didn't get to transfer an embryo either time - can think of other things to do with $1200 I must say. MGC hi and hope you are well, same to timetoshine, soclose, sooty and pihu and everyone else too... was up from 3-5am pondering my fate, what a journey we are all on, it's so hard and I wish really hard that every single one of you on this thread have a baby this year, I really do, it's just sad and it sucks, you all deserve a baby and to be happy and set free from this endless turmoil.
    Yeah its a lot of money precious heart and apparently cheaper in Melbourne. This will be my 4th intralipids, the other 3, I had during my pregnancy that I lost at 12 weeks, I even had one on the Sunday and on Monday I had the NT scan and was back in for a D&C all within 24hrs. I only trying naturally this month so this may also be a waste of money. It all seriously adds up and I know no one would but a price on getting a baby but I am here working through the school holidays in an office job to get extra cash for Neupogen and a possible FET next month. Just imagine all the money we would have if we had an easier path to pregnancy!

hopefully precious your next intralipids will be the one and they do work as I couldn't carry past 6 weeks without it but I complete get what your saying about the cost of all this stuff

I also have myself signed up for an endo scratch on Wednesday but I couldn't get Sacks as he's out of country till Friday and we are going on holidays on Thursday so I now get to look forward to yet another strange man at my lady bits. This will be my 4th scratch, 2 were fine but one really hurt so I am already dreading Wednesday.

might bump into u sat Pihu

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (10-01-2014),sootymay  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feather- welcome to our group and sorry to hear of your last DE cycle failing. I used dex myself on Dr Ms protocol, as have several other ladies who are currently pregnant. It is stronger than prednisolone, and if Dr M says you need it, then trust him. He will transition you to pred at a certain point in the pregnancy so you are not on dex the whole time. Based on what you've mentioned here, this is what I can suggest:
    - I second Timetoshine's suggestion of further testing (Chicago bloods) if not already done. There are more complex immune protocols if something else is detected.
    - Your endo could be contributing to the BFNs. I had it too and opted to have it fully removed via laparoscopy to maximise my chances. My FS (who has a particular specialty in endometriosis) told me that the endo tissue outside the uterus sends signals to the uterine lining and this has an adverse effect on implantation. Some women can conceive with endo, but I was fed up failures and chose to eliminate it as a factor. Also, there is a longer version of the long down reg cycle that involves 3 months suppression with zoladex, that may be something you could look into if surgery isn't an option.
    - Have an endometrial scratch in the cycle before your next transfer. It stimulates the lining and makes it more receptive to implantation.
    - Even though you're using DE, there is still only a 25-50% rate of normal embryos in couples with no known genetic issues. I researched this heavily when I was doing my PGD cycle. So your immune protocol could be spot on, and now you just need a chromosomally normal embryo, which generally you could expect within 3 transfers.

Alittleray- hi and welcome! I have no idea how you've endured 16 cycles... you are one strong IVF warrior. Have you made contact with Dr M's office? I have no doubt he can get to the bottom of your losses and get you a sticky BFP. To join the FB group, send a PM to me with your FB name and email address, and I'll make the request to add you.

Sooty- we came across Sharkeys years ago when still TTC naturally. There's 2 ways you can deal with them:
    1) Have a personal consultation and use their personalised herbal formulas.
    2) Order only the pre-IVF program (no consultation or herbs).
    I have done both, and I honestly believe these programs contributed to our fantastic quality embryos. Over 4 stim cycles, I had 30 mature eggs and 20 fertilised. Of those 20 embies, we got 17 blasties, 2 were transferred fresh and 14 were good enough to freeze. So you can imagine how dumbfounded we were when cycle after cycle none of them would stick... thank goodness for Dr M!
    Not sure how useful it would be for you since you're using DE. The focus is on eliminating toxins and free radicals from the inside out, which results in healthier eggs and sperm, and theoretically- healthier embryos. Ballpark figure for 3 months on the pre-IVF program at today's prices is about $750 for one person. Personally, I think you'd be better off saving the $$ and do a DIY detox (unless you want to try again with your own eggs).

Nidhulaine- hope the scratch goes well and the new FS is gentle with you. I also joke that half the medical population in Sydney have seen my lady bits .

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (10-01-2014),PreciousHeart  (10-01-2014),sootymay  (10-01-2014)