Closed Thread
Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So close - I was able to book a phone appt for 23 jan yesterday as I've done my bloods for Dr M. G said to call her before hand to get her to chase up results. I am due to start a CGH cycle on 27 jan, but will depend on what the results are if we go ahead.

Sootymay - big congratulations on finding a new donor. All the best with treatment with new RI.

Leebec- welcome! Your situation is similar to mine, I've done 5 egg collections & 9 transfers. My last 3 cycles I've done intralipids twice but resulted in 1 ectopic & 2
    chemicals (each with 2 cgh tested embryos). It's such a long, horrible journey & like you we keep going as we know the prize at the end is worth it!

hi to everyone else. It's going to be a good year for all of us!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-01-2014),soclose  (03-01-2014),sootymay  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elarwood, Soclose - thank you for your well wishes

Soclose - I know exactly what you mean and hear your frustration loud and clear. I think I'll have to be polite on here without really saying what I want to say about trying to get anything done via G.
    I don't understand how they can treat their patients the way they do. I've even heard recently of 2 ladies chasing up paper work over and over again, for important dates coming up and the last I heard was they never got them - how bad is that?
    All I can say, is what everyone else said to me, is just keep on phoning her. As annoying as it is, and I can tell you, I would have to really grit my teeth and put on a big happy voice once I did get through to her and just do it over and over and over... sometimes I'd phone 3-4 times a day... don't get too excited though, as it didn't always mean I would get an answer either. There were times I was bordering on tears, I was so upset and angry about the process. Its not good, when we are already under a lot of pressure and trying to phone at times that don't always suit us either... ie I always had to get someone to cover the phones, whilst I'd go outside to phone so the office wouldn't hear what I was talking about. Sorry for the long blab... I really feel for you.
    Last edited by sootymay; 03-01-2014 at 10:32.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-01-2014),soclose  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies quick update from me.

I had a scan this morning and there is now no sign at all of the twin or its sac. So the heartbeat must have stopped very soon after my scan on the 23rd and that pregnancy failed as it seems to have been reabsorbed by my body already.

the other one is going really well though and tracking along just fine at 9 weeks 3 days.

the blood clot is now only small and sonographer didn't think it would cause problems going by the size and position.

so I am really relieved with the outcome. Although its sad to know I have lost a twin I know it was struggling from the outset and had very little chance of being viable or forming a healthy foetus. At least this way I have not required any medical intervention and my body seemingly just knew what to do.

i will now focus on the little one growing strongly inside and try and relax and start enjoying things more. I have been on edge for weeks now!

Stillhope thanks for asking after me. Hope all going well for you!

Libelle

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libelle For This Useful Post:

Leomum  (03-01-2014),MGC Bertie  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Libelle how bittersweet for you. I'm so sorry for you but so so happy to hear your little bubba is a little fighter. Take care of yourself.

Thanks Elarwood and sooty. I've calmed a bit now lol! I'm just use to my clinic running so smoothly and efficiently. Gosh I'm like this now and I haven't even started my immune treatment. Things could get ugly haha!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (03-01-2014),MGC Bertie  (03-01-2014),sootymay  (04-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs Libelle

I've heard of that happening quite a lot, apparently one twin can aid the implantation of the other but then succumbs itself. It would have been a great blessing for you to have twins, but even though one will never make it earthside I'm sure you will always remember that special little one who let go so the other could thrive x

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (03-01-2014),PreciousHeart  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM.... I did a HPT this afternoon, and it only has the faintest of faintest second lines. DH can't even see it. I know that this is just the left over of the Pregnyl shots, as they stay in your system 4-8 days and this is day 5 after last Pregnyl. I'm sort of not surprised at the result - I knew that no symptoms meant no baby. Haven't had time to cry with DH yet, as my brother arrived at the door that very instant, and now him and DH are watching some action movie!! At least I know I tried everything, with two transferred this time and doing Intrallipids, Clexane, Prednisolone, Aspirin, plus all the normal stuff.

Have made appointment in a couple of weeks at Fertility First, as they have no waiting list for donor sperm, so we can put together some options what to do next. My sister was going to donate her eggs, but just before Christmas found a boyfriend, and now "has to talk to him" about it, so we may end up in SA for DEs sooner than later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soclose and Arlais thanks so much for your thoughts and support.

Arlais you have put that so beautifully, you brought tears to my eyes. What an incredibly sensitive and poetic way to reflect my situation.

I could only ever get a response like that on this forum, where would I be without you ladies!

Libelle

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Libelle For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie

I just saw your post. What day are you today post egg collection? Is it possible you tested too early? Your signature says BT 6/1?

If there is a faint line it could still have worked. It does not mean its only the pregnyl.

Please don't give up hope just yet! And not everyone has symptoms that early. I know it's tortuously cruel but hang in there for the blood test results next week if you can!

Libelle

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Libelle For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Libelle View Post
    Soclose and Arlais thanks so much for your thoughts and support.

Arlais you have put that so beautifully, you brought tears to my eyes. What an incredibly sensitive and poetic way to reflect my situation.

I could only ever get a response like that on this forum, where would I be without you ladies!

Libelle
    I had a twin which didn't survive my mum's pregnancy that I came from. To this day I don't know how far along she was when my twin was lost - but it surprised the hell out of my parents when I told them I knew I had a twin sister when I was a small child and asked where she was. They had never discussed it around me, yet I even knew what her name was going to be. It's a connection that's never lost...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (03-01-2014),MGC Bertie  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Libelle....today is 11dpt3dt, so it's definitely the first good day for testing. No, I guess I haven't given up hope yet - maybe that's secretly why I haven't burst out crying yet!! I will test again Sat and Sun - perhaps in the morning now, since I've read that's actually better to do it.

Arlais... they do say the connection of twins can be very strong. that's a lovely story.