Closed Thread
Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, progesterone levels for half-way through TWW came back today as being nice and high - 113.4, so FS happy with that to stay on one pessary morning and night. It's good to hear, since in previous cycles when they've only checked it at the end at the preg BT, it had dropped to almost nothing. Glad I had it checked half-way :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear mcg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic MGC. Mine never got tested from FS. He just said 200 mg morning and night. Finally dr. M asked for a test and I will find out the result on Tuesday. I hope they are also ok.
    That must be a relieve for you to know its all good

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Soclose - to answer your question this is my protocol:

5-MTHF 1mg Thorne supplement (2 per day)
    InNatal (multivitamin) (1)
    Baby Asprin 100mg (from day 1)
    Metformin (2 per day with dinner and continue up to 10 weeks) start at least 1 month prior to cycle.
    Prednisolone 5mg (1 a day)
    Clexane 40mg (double on BFP) commenced from day 1
    Humira 2 injections over 6 weeks (wait 2-3 months before transfer)
    IVIg 25g (2 weeks prior to transfer)
    Neupogen (2 weeks prior to transfer and continue up to 10-12 weeks)

On BFP send bloods o/s to check NK cell activity and TH1/TH2 ratio to see if more IVIg is required.
    Last edited by helenmac; 29-12-2013 at 14:24.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

soclose  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - this is such a busy forum now after been away for awhile. It's so hard to keep up with everyone, but so much wonderful information out there, even if I am finding it all a bit overwhelming understanding all the medical terms and issues.

A HUGE HUGE HUGE congratulations to all the pregnant ladies recently. Helenmac, Stillhope, MGCBertie - awesome news, it gives me hope

Thanks for all your support too. I'm just starting to look at donors again now. Thankfully I've seen about 5 I really like this time, I'm just waiting on full profiles to come back.

I've decided to consult with Karen Pace in the U.S this time around, along with Dr M as required. I just want to be 110% sure I have done all I can before embarking on another trip to SA. I am sure it was embryo quality that gave us the BFN, as was Dr M, but I just want everything checked out and a through explanation of what's going on, which I don't feel I get from Dr M - having said that, maybe he doesn't feel like I need it for my issues? I also really struggle with dealing with G and the continuous chasing up that is required... I am sure, I'm going to have to again in the future, but for now if I can bypass her, I will .

I thought, maybe I should mention, that it has been interesting reading on here about the side effects of coming off Dex/Pred. I'm not sure if mine are side effects, but it does seem very unusual and coincidental that since coming off, I have had eye infections, calf muscles are still twitching (there were 2 cramps about 2 weeks after) by ankles are sore a lot of the time when walking around home in flat shoes (I wear heels to work, but have never had this before at home) my hair is falling out heaps as well! I don't like to sound like a hypochondriac, but it just seems odd, when I never get sick at all, and then when on immune meds, still don't, but as soon as I'm off them, I start falling apart !! (I made sure I weaned off them slowly as well, slower than Dr M suggested).

Hi to everyone else - its such a wealth of information and for me, a lot of it is over my head to be honest, some of these blood clotting, immune issues etc blow me away. You all seem so educated on it all, I take my hat off to you all.

Also, for those Melb ladies that may not be aware already, Dr Nick Logistas (Melb IVF, obstetrician as well) does Intralipids here for $150, opposed to $600 I believe in Sydney with Dr M.

Happy Sunday / holidays xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

soclose  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Helenmac for that info. Always interested in reading everyone's protocols. I didn't realise you couldn't go to transfer for that long after humira. Sure hope I won't be needing it! I hope you are feeling a little better today. Congrats again on your bfp

Hi sooty. Hey you're not alone I get overwhelmed and confused with it all too! So much to take in and understand. I rely heavily on this forum to guide me through. So many knowledgable ladies here. I also feel your pain with G lol. It's like pulling teeth some days!! I am definitely finding emails are much easier than waiting for a return phone call. Good on you for seeking advice from the US doctor. Can I ask who exactly she is? How did you hear about her? I was thinking maybe this was the doc Helenmac also went under? Again, I'm hoping I don't have to go there! Good luck with your donor search. I'm sure you will find the perfect one for you.

Hi to everyone else. Am patiently waiting for the new year to get biopsy results and to be honest will be glad to see the back end of 2013!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to add Sooty, when I weaned off the pred last cycle my hair fell out in mammoth proportions. It was crazy. My hair was so luscious and thick while taking it and then when I stopped it went thin and wiry. It's only starting to come back now two months later. I also had awful pains all through my back and chest. Thought I was having a heart attack. It was scary but it stopped after a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soclose - Humria removes all inflammation and you need 'some' inflammation for implantation to occur so the best time to transfer is between 2-3 months after the last humira injection.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

soclose  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Chiefsgirl so sorry to read in your signature that you just had 2 embies not work out... Are you on protocol with Dr M? Hope you get to do another transfer soon
    Pall four of my cycles this year were a bust. 7 embies transferred in all and nothing took. I had to wait a while to get in to see dr m, so my first appt is at the end of jan. after reading all three nk cell threads and just finished reading the body baby friendly book, I am convinced I have some sort of issue going on which is stopping implanting/attacking the embryo. I'm now just trying to be patient till my first appt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefs girl - It certainly sounds like immune issues are at play. Soon you will have some answers and and a plan to put those issues to rest! Wishing you the best with Dr. M. Have you tried pred or clexane in any of those transfers?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (29-12-2013)