Thanks Nidhulaine. I went to the hematologist today who has put me on Clexane to be taken just before transfer and then throughout my pregnancy once I'm finally lucky enough to have one that lasts. Hopefully that may help. If this next round doesn't work I will definitely start looking further into this. My FS seems to think there's nothing wrong with my immune system but who knows what one of these other doctors might say. Really appreciate your help
Hello everyone. I have been reading along, but been enjoying not thinking too much about babies in the past couple of weeks. Will be starting Synarel this Saturday (hopefully) in readiness for next cycle. Just worried that I didn't write down everything Dr M told me two weeks ago and will now need to ring him to work out when I'm meant to do everything, as I'm doing a bunch of new things this time around - aspirin (I think, from Day 1 of AF), Intrallipid (I think, a week before EPU, so that would be a few days after jabs start), Clexane (I think, from somewhere near transfer), Prednisone - yep, I really have have no clue!! Why didn't I write all that down?? Usually I'm so good with these things :-))
Quick question to any of Dr M patients, how long are you on the steroids before ovulation or FET? Wondering how long is necessary to suppress immune system? And is it different for different people?
contemplating another try as I am 7 weeks post D&C today
Nidhulaine, are you doing ivf or the old fashioned way? Cause the ivf ladies start a lot earlier. I was told to start the day after ovulation with Pred, clexane and prog whereas the others started the cycle before their ivf sometime. Hth xx
Good luck mcg with finding out what you should do, when. I would say email but I haven't heard back from when I emailed them on Friday. Good luck for you cycle too ✨✨✨
Nidhulaine - Dr M told me to take dexamethasone for three weeks prior to transfer. But others seem to have been on it longer and required testing in between to check it was having the desired effect on their system.
AFM still waiting to find out if anything to freeze. Clinic told me yesterday they had decided to grow the two remaining out to day 6. So should find out today if either of them made it!
This beautiful weather in Melbourne since Sunday has given me such a lift! Hope the sun is shining on you all wherever you lovely ladies are.
HI to everyone that has posted their support for me, I'm so grateful for your sensible words of wisdom during my distressed time on Saturday, it was just awful and its well behind me, for now anyways
I've taken note of all the stories of poorer embryos making it and real life stories.... its calmed me down, which is what I needed. It wasn't a nice place! And now, what will be will be, and I will have to deal with Plan B later if required - I simply cannot cope with that possibility right now (normally I can) this time, its going to have to wait.
Thats interesting about girl embryos been slower - I've always thought (as have my family) that I will have a girl.. but if its a boy or 2, or 1 of each - we'll be stoked !! Just funny that should get posted by 2 of you!!
I'm glad you've made a decision and decided to go to Dr M for the biopsy - if its peace of mind and you can mange it, why not.
Dr M's protocol - I've been on the Dexmethasone for 3 weeks prior to transfer.
Must fly, its late here in SA, and I have intralipid infusion tomorrow at 8am - and should be tucked up in bed! I just really wanted to thank you all. Lots happening on here too. Good luck everyone.
hi all - in regards to the dex, I was told by Dr M to take it from day one of IVF stims, so day 1 of my cycle really, 2 weeks prior to ovulation… as I didn't make transfer this cycle, I have been weaning off my 1.5mg per day by dropping 0.5mg for 4 days until stopped… however today when I hadn't taken my dose at 7am but 9am as was late, my hand started shaking and it was really scary!!! so I think I might wean even more slowly than what Dr M's rooms have told me, yikes! I would say that when you start is an individual thing and Dr M would be the best person to get that answer from, you don't want to mess with steroids, they are full on man!
Libelle- congrats on being PUPO! Sounds like 2 great embies you have on board, everything crossed for a BFP . Good luck with getting those last 2 embies into the freezer as well.
Sooty- I agree with the others, don't discount your chances just because the embies were a little slow getting to blastocyst. One of my Syd thread buddies had 2 morulas transferred at day 5 and she is now a mummy to twins. I will be following your TWW with much excitement and sending you lots of sticky vibes . Enjoy the rest of your time in SA and save a safe trip home.
Preciousheart- big hugs to you. I was so sad to read you ended up with nothing to transfer . I haven't taken DHEA for egg quality. I have done the Sharkey's pre-IVF program (veg juices, bowel conditioner, high potency vitamins and anti-oxidants) and would recommend it. Sharkey's are a naturopath clinic specialising in fertility, you can order the pre-IVF program from their website without paying for a consultation. Just be warned that it really cleans out your insides so you need a toilet handy in the first week! Whilst on that program I also cut out toxins (alcohol & caffeine) and ate a paleo-type diet. That cycle we got 3 embies to hatching blast (from 6 eggs) and I'm pregnant with one of them now.
Soclose- glad you came to a decision regarding the biopsy. It would be tempting to save the $$ and do it locally, but I think you're doing the right thing getting Dr M to do it himself.
Cappy- sorry your latest cycle was a BFN . As Nidhulaine said, Dr S is with IVF Aust and Dr M is totally independant. People I know who've cycled with Dr S have received the 'Bondi Protocol' which is basically prednisone + clexane. It is a very mild immune treatment and won't work for everyone. I I am with Genea and my FS was happy to give me the Bondi Protocol at my request. I did 2 cycles with that and it didn't work, so I went to Dr M for a more aggressive protocol. Finally got my BFP on my first cycle using Dr M's treatment.
MGC- yay for starting sniffing!! A pity you didn't take notes when Dr M gave you the protocol... you must be kicking yourself. If you email him to double check you should get a reply fairly quickly.
Nidulhaine- I had to start steroids 6 weeks before FET (3 weeks on dex, then 3 weeks on pred). Some of the other girls started 3 weeks before transfer, so its not a one-size-fits-all thing.
Helenmac- not long now til you head over to SA! Would be so amazing to get a BFP as an early Xmas present. You've done so much in preparation for this cycle, it HAS to work out!
Hi to everyone else
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!