Closed Thread
Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pihu, I have read that Pred can prevent your body from ovulating or cause late ovulation. I would say this is why dr m only had me taking it from after I knew I ovulated each cycle. Yes, he helped us to conceive again and helped us to have a successful (so far at 30 weeks) pregnancy with his medications and intralipids. I fully trust what he says and he is a lovely man as well who gains such happiness from helping us ladies achieve our dreams of a family. I know a few of the ladies have taken nupogen, it also helps control the nk cells so may be a great option for you if the steroids are no good. I was on Pred for6 months in total but only about 2 months was at 25mg, the rest was lower doses. I'm really hoping that dr m will be the answer for you too xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-12-2013),Pihu  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pihu View Post
    Hi LiteFantastic..Congratulations once again. Could I ask you that did you able to get the positive result through to Dr. Mathias for immune problem? Just wanted rebuilt my hopes that’s all, that i also can have baby...
    Thanks..
    Pihu we did a lot of blood tests with Dr M that were sent to Chicago for analysis. This showed high levels of NK Cells in my blood and also low LAD levels (camouflage for the embryo and placenta). I had also previously been diagnosed with high ANAs and two blood clotting disorders (MTHFR and Protein C).

We had tried prednisolone for many cycles before starting dexamethasone two
    weeks before my next Day One as directed by Dr M. However it was my FS who switched me from Pred to Dex. This was all my body needed to help control the NK Cells for implantation to occur despite my DH having tested for low zona binding (ability of sperm to be attracted to and penetrate the egg). Following our positive HCG test we had intrallipids, increased the Dex and had LIT treatment with Dr M in Sydney. Also started on 1200mg of progesterone pessaries which continued until 16-17 weeks (tapering).

I highly recommend reading Dr Allan Beer's book 'Is your body baby friendly' along with all the blood testing with Dr M. This book helps you understand all the different pieces of the immune puzzle. Also reading back on Threads 1 and 2 will also show our test results and protocols. Good luck

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LiteFantastic For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-12-2013),Pihu  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies wondering if anyone can help. I got my blood test results back from dr m testing (I read somewhere on here to put my address details on the form to get them which was very smart thanks)!

I have to wait to jan to see dr m but wondering if anyone else has tested similar.

All normal except for cd3 plan T cells, cd4 t helper cells and cd8 t suppressor cells all lower than average...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pihu I'm so sorry to hear of this treatment you received... I would highly recommend that you get a GP referral to Dr Geoffrey Reid at Genea, he works out of Sydney and Bowral which would maybe be possible for you being in Wollongong? He is very pro immune treatment, very experienced and will obviously do the ivf for you. Just go and talk to him and see what you think. He's not my official FS but I have had him do ivf procedures for me when my FS was on vacation and he did the NK biopsy for me too. Look him up! I know you must really be impatient to start trying again, but please, maybe go to a naturopath and ask for a hair mineral test just to check the levels of your minerals in the body, you really need to be well and replenished otherwise your baby may have issues... you are young enough to wait a little bit, I would say 4 months from stopping the pred and a good 3 months of building minerals back up in your body - if they do ICSI for IVF make sure you are taking CoQ10, I take bioceuticals 150mg - take 300 to 600mg a day. A naturopath or good acupuncturist will be able to advise you on diet and supplements, you don't need to take herbs if you don't want to (I never do, they are strong and I don't like them) - I purely believe in diet and supplements.

All the best my dear, I'm so sorry for the ill advice you have had to date but you are on the right path!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Precious Heart.... I can't answer your question, but I just wanted to throw is that I had Intrallipids 7-10 days before estimated EPU, but of course, now I've stimmed longer than normal so by EPU on Friday it will be 13 days beforehand. I'm wondering whether now, it won't work and I've wasted my money?
    Hi MGCBertie - it's tough isn't it doing these intralipids on a hope and a prayer, esp at $650 a pop, if it was even $300 I wouldn't mind so much... anyhoo, I have been researching and found this written by a doctor on a miscarriage information website:
    "The nadir of suppression is aboout 7 days. but it (intralipid) has effect within one day and lasts for an average of 28 days. Intralipid suppresses the killing activity of NK cells not the cell number. Dr Carolyn Coulam MD."

Whatever nadir means I am not entirely sure, perhaps 7 days to maximum suppression and then the action weakens until 28 days when it needs to be done again? Nadir is defined as the lowest point of anything, so maybe it means that the NK cells are at their lowest point by 7 days after infusion???

At any rate, it seems at 13 or 14 days you are still covered... maybe ask Gwyneth she may have an answer?

I think I will probably get the infusion on the day I find out I have an embryo.. I dunno, wish my damn clinic did it, I'm sure it would be included in the whole price... oh well here's hoping that happens in future for others!

Sooty, how are you???

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-12-2013),sootymay  (29-12-2013),StillHope  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, all the best for your egg pick up tomorrow, hope you have success!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird1 View Post
    Thanks so much for the MTHFR info! I ended up speaking to a scientist at the lab who said that the a1298c has no real significance and is not routinely tested for unless requested. The c677 is the main one that causes issues apparently? They did say that approx 1/3 of the population have either mutation so it seems very common. 1/3 of the population definately dont have fertility issues so will be interesting to see what my naturopath says about it. My homocysteine and folate levels are fine so fingers crossed it doesnt put me at higher risk for any issues! If ur blood results for homocysteine and folate r ok do u know if extra vitamins r still needed?
    Hi Hummingbird, vitamins are either water soluable or fat soluable with the B vitamins B9(folate) and B6 both being water soluable which means you actually pee out any excess, the yellow pee. I have 2 copies of the C677 so I take about 10 times the normal dose but for someone like yourself with a1298 I think the increased dose is something like 4 times. Check MTHFR.net, either way it is far better to take the methylated forms of folate and B6 because your body breaks them down easier and also the synthetic intermediates they use to make folic acid are not very nice things ( I never studied biology but have a masters in organic chemistry so this part I do understand). It also appears people with MTHFR can be more sensitive to certain chemicals particularly metals hence the autism link (early vaccinations used to have metals in them).

Basically taking extra folate is not going to do any harm. A good prenatal with methyl folate is Thorne also on iherb.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pihu,
    i am looking for information on Neupogen too as Dr M has recommended it for me. Apparently u can source it overseas and I called Gywneth today but I am not sure she gave me the right information, something about ordering from "medical house", I will have to call her back tomorrow. I have been looking for ladies with some experience if taking Neupogen but so far it's only what I have found on the internet.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (20-12-2013),sootymay  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all…
    After reading all these replies, I’m feeling much confidentnow that we’ll have our baby soon .Thank you all.
    Timetoshine – thanks heaps for reply. When I waswith Dr Greening & pred, he used to do ovulation tracking for us. I hadthousands of blood tests & follicles scanning. After knowing that pred can prevent bodyovulation, it’s very strange for me that how did he always say it to me that I don’thave any problem with ovulation. He wouldhave an idea about it. But after readingcouple of forums online, I can say that pred was causing me for conceiving L. Thanks again & congratulations for your success.
    LiteFantastic -thanks you so much for your reply. Dr. M has also suggested us to send ourblood sample to Chicago. We are thinking to give ourselves 3-4 months, if won’t get any positiveresult than we’ll do that. I have also read much about Dr. Allan Beer’s book. Canwe read it online? ? thanks again for your great reply & congratulationsfor your achievement.

Nattie84 – I have also all normal except for below.

CD4 (T helper ) 35 0.59 (0.60-1.70)
    CD8 ( T suppressor) 71 1.21 (0.40- 1.00)
    Th:Ts (CD4/CD8) Ratio 0.5 (1.20-3.00)

Good luck with your treatment. For these he has ask me to dointralipid in Jan & prescribed me lots of vitamins to get my body ready toconceive again.

PreciousHeart – thanks you so much for your reply & advice.Thanks for reference about Dr. G. Travelling is not an issue with us but forIVF you know that we need to go for blood test every day of our cycle until eggpick up & also couple of scanning. If we do IVF again I’ll surly go with DrG. I have seen in your profile that you had baby boy in 2011. Can I ask youthat you had this NK CD 57 high when you were pregnant?? What medication didyou do?? (did you with Dr. M too??) I had NK CD 57 high when I had my firstbiopsy in Oct’12 & came back to normal after year in my second biopsy inSep’13. Does this get increase around our ovulation time or implantation time? Asyou know I stopped taking pred, does it means it’ll regain? Do have any idea does these NK CD 57 increasesalong with age? Sorry for asking stupid questions. Thanks again for your bestwishes & good luck for your next cycle in Jan

Nidhulaine – thanks for the info. Could you please keep meposted if you get more info about Neupogen? Good luck
    One common question – can 10-12 kilometres walking every day,can harm my conceiving chances??
    Thanks all…. Have a nice xmas break!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PreciousHeart.... thank you very much for the info about Intrallipids. It certainly makes me feel better :-)) In any case I had EPU this morning (Fri), which was 13 after Intrallipids. As predicted they collected 4 eggs, 2 that turned out mature and were injected. DH gave a sperm sample, but the scientist called to say that they looked but wasn't any sperm, so no surprise there. They used the anon donor sperm, and said they found two nice sperm to use. They will call in the morning (Sat) to say if they fertilise overnight, so fingers crossed for a good party in the petri dish overnight :-)) If all is well, they will do a 3dt on Monday, as 5dt would be Xmas Day and they're closed then.