Closed Thread
Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    HelenMac, great news about your fabulous little embies on board. What date is your blood test? It could be the best start to a New Year ever!!

Elarwood, I had 5 negative CGH embies before my BFP. The winning combo was IVIG, clexane, pred, aspirin etc. Dr M wanted to do intralipids again but I insisted on IVIG. Just did one before transfer and all the rest were intralipids

Thanks
    Reviews
    HelenMac, great news about your fabulous little embies on board. What date is your blood test? It could be the best start to a New Year ever!!

Elarwood, I had 5 negative CGH embies before my BFP. The winning combo was IVIG, clexane, pred, aspirin etc. Dr M wanted to do intralipids again but I insisted on IVIG. Just did one before transfer and all the rest were intralipids during pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does anyone in this thread have MTHFR? is it something dr M tests for or treats? All my immune tests came back fine except MTHFR A1298C homozygous. My dh also came back with MTHFR A1298C heterozygous. Im wondering if its a common thing alot of ppl have but as its not routinely tested for they dont know? We dont have any previous family history of it. Ive had one miscarriage so wondering if it could be related.

Apparently the A1298C mutation is the less severe form though so hoping its nothing too major. Does anyone have any further info?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird1 View Post
    Does anyone in this thread have MTHFR? is it something dr M tests for or treats? All my immune tests came back fine except MTHFR A1298C homozygous. My dh also came back with MTHFR A1298C heterozygous. Im wondering if its a common thing alot of ppl have but as its not routinely tested for they dont know? We dont have any previous family history of it. Ive had one miscarriage so wondering if it could be related.

Apparently the A1298C mutation is the less severe form though so hoping its nothing too major. Does anyone have any further info?
    I have MTHFR A1298C homozygous on its own all I need is some aspirin type medication I think to help my blood to be thin to aid implantation.

Although if u have one and your husband has the other I think that could cause an issue but I'm no expert.

Yes dr m treats for it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I have MTHFR A1298C homozygous on its own all I need is some aspirin type medication I think to help my blood to be thin to aid implantation.

Although if u have one and your husband has the other I think that could cause an issue but I'm no expert.

Yes dr m treats for it
    Thanks! U have the same one as me! Did dr m say it was an issue on its own? Is the asprin necessary or just a precaution? My parents and dh parents both had kids fine so im wondering if its really that big an issue as they must have it if me and dh do! At least I know now tho. Did u have any other clotting issues or anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hummingbird, I have mthfr but I am heterozygous for both genes. It definitely has a bearing on things. Dr m tested me for it and is treating me with clexane, high levels of frolic acid plus I take extra b6 and b12. I know some of the ladies on here are homozygous like you and pretty sure everyone is on at least the same as me, many are actually using activated folic acid as it is absorbed better and some use aspirin as well. I think it would be worth your while to investigate all your issues with dr m as he checks for a lot of things the normal docs and fs don't look for. At least then you know you are giving it your best shot. My fs had me try one cycle with just aspirin and another with just progesterone (she couldn't find any problems other than high ana) but neither helped on their own, it took dr m's combo to make this work for us after his diagnosis of endo, high ana, high nk cells and cd4&8 out of proportion

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (18-12-2013),Pihu  (18-12-2013),sootymay  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hieveryone,

Thanksyou all for very warm welcome.

ThanksPreciousHeart for your advice. Dr M has ask me to take all this vitamins toprepare my body for conceiving. I stopped pred in Nov. I had & still havingsome of the side effects. Too much of hair fall & really bad Knee pain. Butafter starting 2 calcium tablets every day, it is much better now. Prednisolonemight stopped me to conceiving because it’s steroids & can’t take so muchhigh dose for such long time L. And also we have read somewhere that 17 or 18% women might affected by pred & troubled in conceiving. It is hard to convince ourselves that we had positiveresults twice in 6 months’ time but afterstarting pred didn’t happened once L. Anyways as you said I’m on right hand now sohopping for the best. Dr. M has ask us to try normally first, then might go forIVF. But I don’t want to do my next IVFwith Genea. Can we do IVF under Dr. M ???? Thanks again for your support. Take care…

Thanksheaps timetoshine. You are so right about pred. I experienced very bad sideeffects of it L.But happy that I stopped it in Nov’13. I still don’t know about IVF, Dr. M asked us that if we want to go for IVF or try normally& we said try normally that time. We’ll see for couple of months if don’tget results soon then defiantly go for IVF. In your case he didn’t ask you togo for IVF right?

I’mso sorry to ask you but I’m very new to all these terminology. Could you pleaseexplain me what BFP means?

Goodluck Hlenmac J

Hito all….. J

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! U have the same one as me! Did dr m say it was an issue on its own? Is the asprin necessary or just a precaution? My parents and dh parents both had kids fine so im wondering if its really that big an issue as they must have it if me and dh do! At least I know now tho. Did u have any other clotting issues or anything?
    I don't have any other clotting issues. I am currently waiting to go back and see him but I do recall him saying it can be totally fine and not cause any issues in some people but if you have had a mc or issues falling pregnant then it may be an issue.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have MTHFR too but two copies of CT677 the worst one, it's a 6 fold increase in miscarriage and yes the treatment is Clexene or aspirin with high doses of folic acid but having two copies of either mutation means your body struggles to process folic acid and in my case I have only a 10% ability to process it so I take a very large dose of the more bio available forms. Check out iherb.com for methyl folate (the more bio available form of folic acid), methyl B6 and P5P. Cleaner stops the clotting while pregnant but if ur not on high doses of folate your baby has a much higher chance of spina bifida and it's the first 28 days of pregnancy when the neural tube is formed. My daughter has a sacral pit (a pin hole above her anus) and she is fine but I have to wonder whether it was linked to not enough folate when I was pregnant. MTHFR.net is another site with a lot of information but I think it's a bit biased as it links a whole load of other issues to MTHFR like autism which is more likely to be a multiple gene disorder etc

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (18-12-2013),sootymay  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pihu, bfp means big fat positive, as in a positive pregnancy test yes dr m advised us not to do ivf so we conceived naturally again. I'm so glad you are on all the vitamins now and can get your levels back up before falling pregnant again

15. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (19-12-2013)