Closed Thread
Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie and SimpsonDesert, thanks so much for the advice! crazy we have the same issues Simpson!

I feel relieved after speaking to the Endocrinologist, Dr L (ivf dr) and emailing Dr M in Sydney!

They all agreed I need to up my thyroxine. Will take same dose, just every day instead of 4 per week. Testing again in 2 weeks. They all reassured me its not that high and that the increase has been caused just by the pregnancy. Will need to monitor from here on though. Dr M also told me to increase dex by another tablet for one week.

I really feel for the first time ever I have a great, supportive and empathetic medical team behind me!! And a supportive understanding network of wonderful women on this thread too of course!

Dr L has started doing a third lot if intralipids, being after the 7 week scan. Out of interest how many does Dr M recommend or does it differ patient to patient? Waiting for another phone consult with him hopefully after the first scan!

Helenmac I agree you are so knowledgable! The very best of luck this trip to South Africa!

Libelle

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Libelle For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (05-12-2013),SimpsonDesert  (03-12-2013),sootymay  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yikes anyone had your belly blow up the size of a hard boiled egg after a clexane injection? It's never happened before and I have been doing these for years!

its so so bruised (blue and all speckled) as well!

nurse just said to ice it and that I must have hit a blood vessel!

libelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Libelle. I hit a blood vessel once too and it was horrible. I can't remember my tummy going hard but it made a big mess of bruising. I just really tried to avoid that area as much as I could. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Soclose. Now that is the least of my problems as I've just had a bleed! It's red. Had a few strange twinges this morning and thought maybe just uterus stretching but this bleed is a very bad sign I know. Anyone else ever had a bleed at 5 weeks and still go on to have a pregnancy progress? I am beside myself!

libelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh Libelle. Have you spoken with your clinic? I know bleeds a very common. I hope everything is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes clinic said do blood test tomorrow. Said try and relax and that they will know more when results are back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope some of our girls can reassure you. I have never been pregnant so I'm not much help sorry but I know some girls have increased their progesterone pessaries but your clinic would have told you this if they were concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Soclose. Yeah they asked about that but I'm taking progesterone in oil injections and my prog levels were over 300 in my test last week. So nothing to increase there. I just feel numb!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Libelle,

I had two big bleeds whilst pregnant at 7 and 9 weeks. Bright red, soak my knickers stuff. Because you are on clexane your blood is thinner and a small nick of the blood vessels as the embryo implants / grows can look like a huge amount of blood!

Dr M will say increase to one extra pessary a day and bed rest. I was incredibly scared that I was losing the baby. I hope it settles for you, I know it is incredibly stressful but hopefully this reassures you a bit...

xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always have 3 x 400 pessaries a day and the progesterone injections once a day too when cycling and that always keeps my levels up. Hang in there Libelle xxxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (05-12-2013)