Closed Thread
Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Arlais, if we are informed and ask then things will improve hopefully… I hate to think that they are making a lot of money out of girls doing cycle after cycle with no result, I wouldn't imagine that comes into the picture - you'd think they would want results fast to be the best! I've started talking a lot about it now too, just so people are aware and informed… it shocked me when I found all this out a few months ago how much of a wasps nest it is in the fertility world in Oz and how differently each FS approaches the subject in the very same clinic!!! Scary stuff for us clients...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I was wondering if I could jump in for some advice. I've read all 3 threads on high natural killer cells & would like to know any information that you may have heard or read about being oversuppressed by immune therapy.

A quick summary: transfer 8 on Thursday, have done 5 stimulated cycles our last one was CGH where we got 6 'normals'. We put back 1 which ended up being ectopic & found out I had endo when 'wazza' did the laparoscopy. I had another lap to remove the endo. Next cycle we transferred 2 CGH normals, AA grade hatching blasts using immune therapy: intralipids, clexane 40mg & prednisone 10mg. Wazza hasn't tested me for nk cells, rather he'd just treat me as if I had them since we've had no luck. We also did an endo scratching & lipidol flush/Hysterscopy. Anyway, this cycle miserably failed. Very disappointing since we thought we had all bases covered with the embryos, immunes etc it has Wazza baffled, but believes its still our embryos (I'm 30).

My question for you lovely ladies is do you think my immune system could have been oversuppressed, affecting implantation? I have the paperwork to make an appt with Dr M, but hesitant as I knew Wazza believes in immune issues & will test me for it if I want.

We are doing a other transfer this Thursday of our last 2 CGH normals. I did intralipids last Wed, 8 days before transfer & wazza wants to do another one on Thursday. I'm also on clexane 60mg & prednisone 25mg. I'm worried about the possibility of being oversuppressed if I actually don't have any issues. Wazza believes that's not the case & it can't hurt implantation. Any advice ladies? Should I have the intralipids? Would it do harm if not needed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Elarwood welcome to the thread! So sorry to hear of all your disappointment along your journey. You have obviously been through the ringer like so many of us. I can't help with your question sorry, it's a good one though so I hope you find an answer. Also hope you get in to see Dr M soon!

Update from me, I went to my gp today and asked for another beta as Friday was too long for my nerves to hang out! It's increased from 444 on thurs 28th to 2078 today (Day 20 post collection!) I was so relieved!

Slightly concerning news is I got thyroid results back from Friday. My TSH which is usually steady around 1.8 shot up to 3.2!! Last test was only done on 11th Nov. I'm taking thyroxine already but only as a precaution as i have always been euthyroid (within normal function range) but just had very high Anti thyroid antibodies (over 1300). Waiting to hear what endocrinologist has to say. Anybody else had TSH over 3?

Libelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Libelle... my endocrinologist has already said, if ever I werer to become pregnant to up my Thyroxine immediately (I take 150 on Mon and 100 the other 6 days - he said to up it to 150 MWF and 100 on the other 4 day), have regular BTs and then go back to see him week 8. So my advice, speak to him ASAP.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Elarwood, welcome to the thread! I've been reading Dr Beer's book and researching a lot and personally I haven't come across anything saying you could get over suppressed - not really sure what that means in relation to immunology?

I have read though that endo generally means you have high CD57+ NK cells in the uterus and this could be your issue as they are the rogue ferocious types (I have them and Dr M puts me on dexamethasone rather than pred). Without an endometrial biopsy for NK cells you won't know your levels - I would say upping the pred is a good thing in light of the last cycle not working. I really hope this transfer works for you... if not then insist on a biopsy for NK cells and go to Dr M or get him to do it if you prefer.

All the very best for Thursday, trust in the immune protocol, I'm sure it can only help you not hinder, especially the intralipids they are good!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also Elarwood, at 30 I don't think it would be your embryos, but what do I know! Do you have normal FSH on your day 1 blood tests? Make sure you take all your supplements especially CoQ10 for egg quality

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quickie to answer some recent questions (sorry for no proper personals this time).

Elarwood- Hi and welcome! I truly am sorry that a BFP eludes you despite having perfect embies... not many things are more soul destroying than that . The protocol you described would not be over-suppressing you. In fact the 10mg pred was a very low dose, and 25mg is more 'standard'. Some of us need higher doses and a longer period of suppression, in my case I had to start a stronger steroid (dex) 6 weeks before FET, then switched to 25mg prednisolone 3 weeks before FET. On the day of transfer I had to increase to 30mg and stayed on that right up to 13 weeks pregnant when I was allowed to start weaning. Good luck with your current cycle, I hope the higher dose of pred does the trick this time

Libelle- OMG we have exactly the same thyroid issue. I too was always euthyroid but with mega high antibodies >1300. My TSH would sit around 1.5-2.0 so I was on a tiny dose of thyroxine as a preventative measure (25mcg). Just before my FET I got it rechecked and it shot up to 3.1, since then I've been on 75mcg per day and my levels are good (~0.7). I don't think you have any need to worry, some labs are still using 0.4-4.0 as the 'normal' reference range and you are only just outside the 0.3-3.0 that it should be. You will need to increase your thyroxine as bub has no thyroid function until 12 weeks and yours will have to support both of you. I'd increase by 25-50mcg at least, but of course consult your Dr about that. Congrats on the awesome HCG increase! So incredibly happy for you .

Lillaa- huge congrats on your BFP!! You can't stop prednisone cold turkey, you have to wean off gradually. I'm guessing your Dr will schedule your step-downs so that you'll be fully weaned at 15 weeks. Good luck with your next BT!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (03-12-2013)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Elarwood - My LA based Reproductive Immunologist has raised concerns about over-suppressing when it comes to using IVIg and prednislone together so it is a valid point as you require 'some' inflammation for implantation to occur. Keeping in mind I also had Humira which removes all inflammation from the uterus (CD57) and the best time to cycle is 2-3 months after the last injection (so some inflammation grows back).
    I don't think in your case Intripilids and 10mg of prednisolone will over suppress as it's not very aggressive.
    The best way to have a clear picture of what is going on is to do the testing.
    Good luck.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (03-12-2013),soclose  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much helenmac, SimpsonDesert, precious heart, libelle for your knowledge and advice. If our current cycle doesn't work I'll do the testing to make sure. I feel a bit more relieved about the immune therapy now, thank you! I've been reading along your journeys, and it brings me to tears the amount ladies have to suffer. It's such a cruel process & I wish you all every success that you get your precious baby in the end!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Libelle those are great numbers. I hope you get your thyroid issue sorted.

Elarwood you've been given great info from the girls. Good luck!

Helenmac thanks for your last post. You always have such a lot of knowledge on immune issues. We are lucky to have you!

Hello to the lovely PreciousHeart, Simpson Desert, Timetoshine, Lillaa, Niduhaline and everyone! So hard to remember all these names lol

Sooty I hope you're ok and hope your plans are coming together.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (05-12-2013),PreciousHeart  (03-12-2013),sootymay  (03-12-2013)