+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default mucous plug question please?

sorry for all these questions I feel so silly.

but after last night I think I will be questioning everything

when you lose your mucous plug is it just a sticky substance in your undies? I have had some discharge so I put a maternity on just to test it and I just checked it, there was no sticky substance but it was a very pale like a apricot color? is this colour normal as I never experienced this with my other 3?

I just don't want to bother the midwives every time something happens unless I need too. thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    just a little update I ended up calling the mat ward they told me not to worry as I am still getting movements. if the color goes brighter or heavier then to call back and go in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't be sorry for asking questions, each pregnancy can be different, I am on my 6 th pregnancy and have never lost a mucous plug. Who knows though this one I might lol

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost my mucus plug the day before birth.. Sounds gross, but it was like a clear little jellyfish... A little bigger than a bottle top. It was broken up, but definitely harder than mucus... Silicone like....

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I remember you being 28wks? If so, don't stress as it regenerates itself unless you lose a giant glob and start having contractions I wouldn't worry.

Eta: I lost mine with DD and it was a lot of shot like grossness, lol. About the size of a tampon, and labour started about 3-4 days later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the replies ladies.

No it was not a huge amount in one shot as described, it's more like a constant stickiness. I think I will hold off though until I start getting some pains as thankfully I have got nothing so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i believe i lost my plug with dd at 36 weeks. it was a clear jelly blob the size of a 50 cent coin. i saw in the toilet after a bm, slightly blood tinged.
    i had a planned c sect at 40+6 weeks (breech bub). Never went into labour. I think plugs re-generate?

I never lost it with ds, just had a show when labour contractions started. he was born at 40+2weeks and i had to have my waters broken.